Reviews for The Wounded
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 1/6
hehehehehe... learned it on MacGyver...
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Haha, I really like how you started off this one with descriptions making us believe that someone was very seriously hurt. But it was only Dean's baby. And not really that hurt, either, just a bit dented. I like that Sam was the one who could actually come up with a fix for that one, even with Dean's proficiency of mechanical knowledge. That helped some. And impressed Dean. So good on him. And the fact that it came from MacGyver instead of college further lightened the mood. The conversation threaded throughout was great too.

And I especially liked this paragraph: Sam had wondered before how good an engineer or surgeon or even mechanic Dean would have made if school would have been an option for him. Instead, he plied his skills by keeping his car and his brother in one piece, and Sam couldn't say he wasn't grateful for that. But sometimes, especially when they ran across someone like Cassie, he couldn't help but speculate.
moonlitnight107 chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
My favorite parts were Dean's constant glaring and the end where he pats Sam's chest and says So matter of factly that he knows his brother wouldn't risk his life, not so sure about his baby though. That was perfect! 3 your writing is phenomenal you have great talent my friend!
ILETUDRIVE chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Finally Dean's other true love gets some much deserved attention. And I'll have you know I learned a lot of things from MacGyver and not just that I loved Richard Dean Anderson.
LyNn-6t7 chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
haha loved it. I love a good story that pulls the impala into the mix. After all she is as much a Winchester as Bobby. ;) Great Job!
Whilom chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
For some reason, I loved the paragraph describing Sam scouting around the fish markets and bringing back a mysterious chunk. It just seemed very Sam-like. Lol that Sam learned the dry ice trick on MacGyver, especially because Jared Padalecki was young MacGyver back in the day.
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
I liked Sam knowing how to fix the Impala. Dean's slowly melting irritation with Sam correlated precisely to the loss of the dents in his precious car. I liked that, too.

Good job!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
I should have known that the wounded one would be the car. I couldn't remember either of the boys being hurt. lol

Very nice little fic. Growly older brother and uncertain little brother until he fixed the dents. All was back to normal. Cute.
luvjase chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
This was great! I loved how you explained away the snow. And I really loved how Sam got to help "heal" the Impala. And that he got the idea from MacGyver made me laugh. Dean reminds me of Mac in that he can make do with just about anything. Sam's uncertainty of Dean and the possibility that he would want to stay with Cassie, even if only for a little longer, made perfect sense to me especially since she obviously meant more to him than any other woman he had dated. I love how you handled that. Thanks for another great addition. Oh, and thank you so much for what you said in your response to my last review. That was greatly appreciated!
Zubeneschamali chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
"The weather had been freakishly cold for April in Missouri, although it was warmer that morning. Maybe the cold had somehow been part of the apparition, too?"

Hee! I was wondering about the snow myself, although I hadn't realized it was supposed to be April. Loved the MacGyver reference, too.
bhoney chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
Wow, does that dry ice thing really work? That's amazing!

Great story, as always. I re-watched this episode recently, and wondered about Dean's lack of freaking out over the Impala's damage. Nice to know they fixed it!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
I was wondering what happened to those dings that Cyrus put in the car...perfect explanation