Reviews for Inara Serra's Travel Guide for the young Companion
reaverattack chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
I love Rule #5. Jayne IS quite muscular...

Just kiss the stupid hundan. Good advice, Inara.
RogueWhisper chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Cept when you kissed him, didn't you get poisoned and pass out? And then he made fun of you. Poor Inara.
Eliche chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Great work really enjoyed reading it
jane0904 chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
These are excellent! So a handsome thief is still a thief, eh? Forget the fact that Inara aided and abetted in SHINDIG by stuffing the purloined money down her bra ... And her fixation on a certain Captain's blue eyes and tight pants - but then, don't we all?
the psycho sour skittle chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
Oh, 'Nara. I loved this one. You captured her well!
writtenwordlover chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
I've been waiting for someone to write the Training House girls a Guide. This is perfect, bad, and of course it all comes down to, at all cost, avoiding falling in love with a certain Captain.
debbieja chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
hmm I love how very few of them seem to follow their own advice. learning from mistakes and all that I guess. I also liked all of Inara's qualifying of her responses...seems she's not as controlled as she would like to think
Ellisguy chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
I'm glad to see you're branching out. I certainly wasn't expecting Inara, but it was a pleasant surprise. So you think she made the first move, huh?
Thug-4-Less chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
The ends of these little Guides always crack me up in that they totally disregard just about everything that was previously stated. Heh.

Excellent work.
gathers-no-moss chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
Love how almost all Inara's rules come back to the Mal, and that she never mentions him by name. The tangents and trailing off...LOL. The woman loves him so.

I especially adored these:

13) Do not allow your personal feelings to be your guide, especially where petty thieves and scoundrels are concerned. Make all decisions based on sound logic, firm business principles, and how well the Captain’s clothes seem to fit when he. . .no, no, no, that’s not important. Never mind.

17) Do not let a pair of pretty blue eyes and tight pants distract you. Ignore them. They should have no effect on a properly trained Companion. None at all. I assure you that I am not at all interested in the azure tone of. . . .

20) Unless the Captain finally admits he loves you. Then you can rethink rule 19. Not before. Certainly not until. Unless you feel him wavering. Some. Any. At all.

"And if all else fails, just kiss the hundan and hope for the best. It’s what I did." That's what we all wanted Inara. :}
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
Ouch...better not let either Mal OR Kaylee hear what Inara just said about Serenity. Cuz neither of them would be too thrilled, I would think;)

Oh...and for future reference, pretty sure it's "Buddha" and not "Bhuda" when referring to the Asian religion's spiritual leader;)
White Silence chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
I love these little one shots you're writing. They make me think of that song about sunblock by Vitamin C that was really popular about ten years ago.

BTW, Buddha not Bhuda.