Reviews for Encounter
very cool story! x
electro moonlight chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
i like this its cool
MissMary chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Interesting pair to write about. Well done
cmdrtekk chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
And entertaining little piece. Thoughtful offering in giving Scorponok some personality and apparetnly some real CPU power vs. the usual drone route.

Thank you for sharing.
Daisydill chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
Scorponok really doesn't like his programming, does he? I see why he went for Optimus in Roads.
Dwimordene chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Well, this is a pair of 'bots you don't often see in the same room, let alone in the same room and not trying to kill each other! The tag line did its job and pulled me in to find out what would induce a Decepticon not to kill Jazz.

Good pacing throughout - this piece moves quickly, and you get the impression of Jazz flowing along through his tasks in part thanks to keeping the description down to a breezy minimum that is easily absorbed without raising unanswerable questions. It reads as an index of his competence that we don't need the details - he just gets it done, no nonsense, no frills. His character voice has that nice hint of irreverence that seems to go along with the name "Jazz" - the 'proto-whatever-tron', comes quickly to mind as illustration.

Scorponok's personality is not one I know well - or at least, for animated versions, I don't know the character, whereas the 2007 movie gave us precious little to go on. I like the idea of Scorponok respecting Jazz's skills enough that, combined with disillusionment with the Decepticons, he's willing to cover for the enemy out of a sense of solidarity with another expert spy/assassin. One wonders why he is disillusioned, but that isn't dwelt on enough to make the lack of an answer here read as a lack of conclusion, though I would be interested in knowing what precisely set him on this path.
teh blumchenkinder chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
I like this little piece. It really doesn't feel like it *should* "go anywhere." It's just one more incidence in a war, that's taken years to resolve, if ever. It also points to one of the many flaws that the opposition has... and also, this is a piece on a character (Scorponok) that isn't done very much. It was also exciting! (Seein' Jazz bein' sneaky much awesome. -)

Thanks for writing this!
Ladyofthebookworms chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
Hm, he just likes making trouble without getting into it. :D