Reviews for The Method
Sepsis chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
Wow! :) I have to admit I never liked Henry much in the game. But you wrote him wonderful, interesting and very understandable! That he needed to watch Eileen just to stay sane and to see that the world on the outside is still there. I really liked that! He wasnt madly in love with her from the first moment he saw her, he just needed her and thats why he started to like her. :)

Haha, and I can imagine her to be scared after she sees Henry crawl into the hole while she cant do that..;)

The story was perfect, even with something like a happy ending, wow! ;)
Moonchild10 chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
Oh, I loved this. It was just absolutely fantastic! Henry's character voice was so strong, so amusing. I could almost hear him talking in my head XD you have a knack for capturing him, it seems. And the ending... so much hope and sweetness, and the feeling that these two are going to remain together no matter what. It was just fabulous, and it really suckedn me in, all of it. Thank you for this wonderful, beautiful snippet.

Also, I love the fact that you made Henry just a bit lusty, and worry about the thought of losing his libido XD most people write him like he's a damn monk or something, but I can't really see him being as celibate as people assume he is. I think your portrayl seems a lot more real to me. He IS human, after all.
Me chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
Loved it. A magnificent fic for a magnificent game.
BG-57 chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Good job, interesting storyline.

Reminds me of the interaction between Mark Lewis and Helen Stephens in the movie 'Peeping Tom'. Mark is a voyeuristic loner who has already fallen into insanity when he meets Helen. But she provides him with a lifeline to normality.
Quicksilvermad chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
I love this. It's a great insight into Henry's mind. Henry is often misconstrued as a boring character, but he's not. He's a man who finds a broken pipe in his bathroom, crawls through a hole that wasn't there before, and finds this inner strength to beat these weird creatures to death in his attempt to save Cynthia (and later, Eileen).

This was a perfect description of what happened in the game when you walked into a "red-zone":

There came a time when everything was tense. His limbs, the aura of the room, the very air he breathed seemed to be trying to asphyxiate him until he had to step into that quasi-delusional inferno of a world.

And this line made me giggle:

So she couldn’t come into his apartment, but maybe that was a good thing with ceiling fans falling down and poltergeists molesting his kitchen and all.

...Not to mention the magically appearing and disappearing Inside-Out!Cat in his fridge. Or that "thing" rattling around in the drying machine.

Now I've got to go play SH4 again.
Iggy Rivera chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
"Come on Eileen, oh I swear what he means, at this moment, you mean everything ~" Gonna have to agree with jayanx - the last line made my night. Doesn't matter if it was on purpose or purposely accidental.
FeatherEars chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
Is that a referance to a song at the end? 8D
Cat Alex chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
Lovely. I think it's difficult to write about these two while in the story, just because of the huge amount of isolation on Henry's end, but you do it here brilliantly. It's so true about Henry using the Eileen peephole as a source of comfort (hell, even I found it source of comfort while playing). This whole thing is just nicely told and accurate to the game, while elaborating on Henry's feelings. Kickass stuff!
jayanx chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
The last line totally makes this story. Really liked the whole feel, and even though I know nothing about the game, or the characters, I felt that I was able to get a nice feeling for who he was and what his situation was from reading this. Greta job.