Reviews for Smarts
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 1/13
Interesting "bad guy" ... like it. :D

love the gotcha! Sam pulled on Dean...
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Heheheh. Another fun one. I like that the supposed hauntings were caused by the A/C. No big deal there. Dean didn't even have to shoot anything. But he was still proud as anything when the job was over. And that was a good set of conversations between them. chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
This was great! Made me smile that the hunt was nothing more than faulty air-conditioning! And perfect Sam's comeback to Dean when he said he could borrow the Impala - "We're not going to use it much, mostly just the back seat." Also loved how Sam told Dean he thought he was smart, he certainly is, as Sam said "Smart doesn't always mean books, Dean." Too right.
Hunnique chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Very cool, lighthearted and tender story. Merci!
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
I loved thsi 'hunt' that they went on, just because it wasn't actually something that they needed to kill. I really enjoyed Dean flaunting how smart he really is, and I loved the brotherly banter.

I also loved that line of Sam's at the end, about only using the backseat. That was funny.

Good job!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
Yeah, this is what we were talking about before. Dean didn't have to go on with school. He helped Sam become the man that he is.

This was hilarious. It was really great that Sam shocked Dean at the end. I loved it!

Great fic!
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Lol for the backseat line! Great job!
PrettyArbitrary chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Heh, another one about Dean's smarts. He is really good with his hands; I could see him being a great engineer or something in another life.

Their little competition here is cute, and it rings true. They do enjoy trying to one-up each other, but you also caught an undertone here, that for Dean at least it's not all fun and games-he's also trying to prove to himself that he's worthy of the same respect and opportunities as Sam. And yet, he doesn't really believe it. Heh, but he's proud of how Sam turned out.

You did a very fine job here of catching the nuances of Dean's self-image...and I'm also kind of impressed about the hints of academic elitism you work into these stories. It's something that is present (in a very understated way) in the show, I think-something even Sam occasionally falls into, just a little, without meaning to-but it's not a prejudice I think most writers would consider.
writerchick03 chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Great story! Sam's joke at the end was the perfect ending!
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
Loved it. I liked Sam acknowledging Dean's contributions and Dean not needing it but willing to let him say it. I want a Dean of my very own!