Reviews for Connected
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 1/13
ah, so here is where Dean gets Pastor Jim's house.

I wondered about that, from later fanfics you've written. It's a nice thought, actually. They were probably close, and Jim would've needed someone to leave things too. Like the fact he thought of both brothers - Sam's being the money for the life he'd always wanted. I like this.

Glad they got it now, even thought Dad just died.

I like the different pieces of what Sam found going through the glove compartment. It's nice - sad, too - going through different time periods, their history. Like the details.
moonlitnight107 chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
It's the silent gestures and Sam recognizing what they mean that really make these stories. Loved reading this.
Shazza chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
This one really got to me. This so spot on for the characters in that time frame. It really brought back memories of Dean shutting don and Sam having to step up and led their little family for awhile, gret reading this, thanks again!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
What a rough period of time this was for the brothers. With everything that had gone down, now facing the wreck of the impala and having to clean it out for good and coming across all of the old memories and loaded mementos. Sam, needing to step up because Dean's just a wreck himself at the moment.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
Loved this. Could so imagine Sam's emotions when going through the glove box and finding 'lost' things like the silver money clip Jess gave him that Dean rescued from the fire and the maps with Sam's early attempts at writing, then practising Latin written around the edges. And it makes sense that the wallet Sam made that suddenly went missing was there too, could so see Dean keeping it and putting his watch in Sam's duffle when he went to Stanford. Loved the surprised of the legal papers, Pastor Jim leaving his house and land to Dean and giving Sam a stipend for college. With all that was going on his death got pushed into the background somewhere along the way and they didn't get to grieve and have always though he would have been a solid part of the boys lives growing up. Totally believable ending, you got both boys emotional states spot on.

You really hit the nail on the head with this fic.
Whilom chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
I loved the little treasures Sam found in the glovebox. It must have been fun to think all those up, especially with little Sammy practicing his letters on the maps. And Jim's will-the fact that Dean has a house touched me even more than the fact that Sam has the money to go to school.
mouse8 chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Wow, this was...real. It was only when I came to the end that I realised I wasn't actually watching the show. The memories lightly touched on were just beautiful and so natural. There was no action yet I was utterly captured.
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
I loved this-the tiring cleaning, all the discoveries Sam made, and especially Jim's will. I like the line in there-"I want you to go to school, I want Dean to have a home"-and I think that maybe John shared those hopes with Jim. And that might be why Jim did what he did, in his will. :)

Good job!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
I love Sam answering Dean's deepest fear. I wish we could have seen something like this. Very nicely done.
luvjase chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
This was such a tough episode to watch and I don't mean the clown which, like Sam, I hate. Both boys were in so much pain. I loved how you had Sam pulling memories out of the glove compartment. The maps with Sam's handwriting must have been kept by Dean. Although John did save that trophy... just seems more like his brother. Dean saving the money clip was lovely and a perfect explanation of where Sam got an engraved money clip. I loved the wallet and especially that Dean traded his watch for it before Sam left for Stanford. Keeping something tangible of his brothers and doing the same for Sam even if Sam didn't know it. I loved that Sam and John weren't the only ones who wanted a home for Dean and that Jim left Dean his. The boys toasting Jim was lovely. Great to see them getting to say their goodbye to a man who obviously meant a lot to them. I loved when Sam told Dean that he was not alone. I hesitate to tell you because I don't want you to feel bad, but I cried. The episode made me cry too. As I said this was a tough episode to watch because Sam didn't completely have Dean to lean on and because Dean had to close himself off from his brother in order to cope. So thank you for this moment together. I appreciate that. Sorry this was so long. : ) Thanks again!
Stoneage Woman chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
This was absolutely heart-breakingly beautiful. I loved the bit with the wallet and the watch, in particular. Thanks for a wonderful read.
bhoney chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
I really liked that you had Sam taking Dean's watch with him to college-thanks for that. Those years apart still break my heart, so stuff like this always helps.

So nice they had the chance to reflect on Pastor Jim and honor his memory. I'd have liked to see some of that on the show-but I know, they only have so much time. Still, it was nice to see here. And genius idea, what he left the boys. A home for Dean, college for Sam.
writerchick03 chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
Great story. I truly enjoyed it!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
i liked this one... the car has all the little secrets and memories...great job
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
I especially enjoyed the way you 'reached' for this one, Katalin-back from ELAC just a few eps to include Pastor Jim, and John's hopes for his sons, and ahead to 'Tall Tales' to include the money clip. You've done that with several stories, of course, and I appreciate the connections you continue to make, tying things together. And as always, you've done a fabulous job of connecting the brothers, too.