Reviews for Bruised Reeds
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 1/13
oh. Ouch.

Can emphasize with Sam .. the need to remember, it's hard, but it's worse when you forget.

And it took all Dean had to help - just to talk, to sit/stand, to hold Sammy ... and I think it helped Dean, too.

Thanks.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Oh gosh. Missing that date, that one day of all days, is like the cardinal sin. Except with everything they'd been dealing with, it made sense that they might overlook something as petty as the date. But that does nothing but add on guilt when they realize the day had passed without a thought.

Your descriptions of how Dean deals/dealt with things, emotions, feelings, locking them away until they became so great that they would break him, and Sam not understanding what kind of pent up backlog of years of that silent packing away he was trying to open the floodgates of... that was really good. Spot-on.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
Awesome, you nailed this. Typical that Dean couldn't deny Sam when he needed him but think part of it was the fact that he was so eaten up about forgetting Jess on the anniversary of her death. And though he always gives his little brother what he needs it was obvious Dean needed this too.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Cute one

Dean being there for Sam, not being able to deny him anything, even when he himself is not well... I think it's kind of the essence of the whole show, the importance of family, and I love to see it on fanfics!

Kisses

Rosetta
Supernoodle chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
That was totally beautiful. You packed in so much emotion without being melodramatic or schmoopy. I love you stories so much I really don't have the words to tell you how much. They just leave me a lovely satisfied feeling after reading them.

This one caught Dean's pain after the death of John so perfectly. And Sam wasn't even remotely whiny.

Thanks so much for writing these lovely fics for us.

x
Whilom chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
It's so hard to read about the bro's grief, especially Dean's. I didn't even realize I was holding my breath until Dean finally came back to Sam and held out an arm for him to fit under. Really good little piece.
Marlowe97 chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Yeah, another good one. I always liked ELAC, and there is a lot of potential in the short phrase "we have been at Bobby's for weeks" (Or was it months? Don't remember...)so I'm glad you took the opportunity to insert a little healing in the sentence.

Oh, I so feel for Dean. I've always been a physically attracted to him (ha, that is putting it mildly), but what also makes me a complete 'Dean-Girl' (Damn, since "The monster at the end of this book" I totally cringe when using the word Deangirl... Feels dirty somehow...) is the fact that he takes pain and loss in ways quite similar to me. So - once again you managed to not only get his feelings out without him saying anything or even discribing his thoughts, you also wrapped me up pretty much.

So thanks.
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
This was very nicely done. Even though Dean is obviously still closed off at the end of the oneshot, he still managed to pull himself together for Sam for a few minutes, to give Sam what he needed. And poor Sammy... I could feel the emotion in this. It was excellently done.

Good job!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
*sniff* Did it again. You just have this way of drawing me right in and feeling the emotions those boys are going through. I really enjoyed this. *sniff*

Very, very good!
Stoneage Woman chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Again, beyond heartbreaking, and beautiful. Another wonderful peice.
TraSan chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
Wow - just wow.

Wonderfully captured the boys in this snapshot of time. I hadn't even been expecting the Jess angle.

Beautifully done.
Manavie chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
*He walked back within touching distance, hesitated, then held out one arm. And all six-foot-four of his brother somehow fit against him the next moment, unruly hair brushing Dean’s chin, those octopus arms wound around him like they just needed something to hold on to for fear of getting swept away.*

I love this story...I first read your stories at your website and love them to bits...well I have exams coming and crazily busy but I'll review once I get vacation cuz your stories so worth it.

Love your work...It always make me happy and feel all warm inside. Keep up the great job..
writerchick03 chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Loved it!
Sheilabe chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
I have read most of your stories before on your home page. i do so love your writing! :) You have been my favourite author for a long time! :) Looking forward to many more stories from you. - Sorry that I have not reviewed all of your stories, but believe they are great! :)