Reviews for The Librarian's Children
timkhj chapter 25 . 12/23/2009
What a tremendous story! I bow down to your literary prowess. :) While I was rather nervous hearing this chapter would end things (it seemed a lot could still happen and I didn't want anything rushed) I was absolutely pleased with the ending. both tempo and story-wise, the end result fit perfectly. Yes, I'd love an epilogue. Hell, I'd love multiple glimpses of the future, maybe even bits on the other characters as things progress. However, reading this chapter left me very content with the piece. I honestly felt as if I'd just read an excellent printed novel and closed the book on the last page satisfied with the story. Which, I believe, speaks volumes for your skill as a writer and the piece you've written. Congrats! Kudos! More Praise! YAY! ((plus PLEASE let me know if/when any of your writing can be found/read))
The Sword's Keeper chapter 25 . 12/23/2009
Bravo, Encore and all that jazz. But seriously good job on finishing your well written story. Hopefully with this review and more to come, you could break the 500 mark. Anyway back to the story. I would probably put it in my top ten stories from this site. The plot was original and well thought out, the characters stayed true to their personalities given the circumstances they were placed in, all of the chapters seem to transition from one to another pretty well, and the last couple of chapters did a good job of finishing off the story. Overall when grading your story, I would give it a solid A. It was so good in fact, I might just read it again on a day that I am feeling bored. Good job and good luck with any other stories you may write.
Denalien chapter 25 . 12/23/2009
THAT WAS GREAT...i'm usually not thatall loving-caring type, but it was nice to read a story like this!
YourMoosyFate chapter 14 . 12/23/2009
"The large black man was notorious of his love of cooked animal flesh..." Did you say that ought of spite for that idiot? Or was it actually unintentional? I giggled nonetheless. :) Some people just can't survive without stirring up trouble.

I'll review again when I catch up to you. I'm still here at chapter fourteen, but I should be all caught up soon. Good story so far, I love it.
Emerald Demona chapter 25 . 12/23/2009
About time! I was dying here! In any case it has been a great story even with the long time in between updates. Will there be an epilogue? I'd really like to know if Gar ever makes it to home base and how the kids react and how long it takes them to marry. I mean the whole intial attraction took long enough. I liked the action though and the storyline so other than pace excellent writing. You have mad pen skills.
Silver-Creasent-MOON1995 chapter 25 . 12/22/2009
. . . . . . . . . . . . That was it! That was the big ending I wan tthe purposul, the wedding! I want to see Melvin's reaction. Rita and her husbands to! I want a sequel if it ends here!
Gun toten Girly chapter 25 . 12/22/2009
Okay, WOW. I don't know how this review is going to turn out, so bear with me. I have a tendency for going way off track, but I want you to know right off the bat that this story... I can't even describe my gratitude for you writing this down and publishing it. "The Librarian's Children" is like the Odyssey - completely original and unable to be matched in plot and creativeness. Homer ain't got nothin' on you. Your ability to create a story and base it off of people that may or may not be even imagined in this kind of situation has created a kind of respect I never thought I could conjure. You have risen the level of the writing-standard and any story that can't match your level should be banned from the Teen Titans section - or ANY section, for that matter. Though that would mean everybody would be banned.

The ending, I'll admit, scared me. I was afraid that Gar had overthought things way too much, and I had a half-assed decision to beat him senseless with my keyboard when Rachel fixed things up. Then again, I wasn't expecting that. I like how you kept us on our toes, and I'm eagerly anticipating the Epilogue. I can wait until after Christmas though, and I trust you to have it before New Years. I love this story - I love it, I love it, I love it! I'm dearly hoping I'll be up in my bedroom when I read the Epilogue, so nobody would see me cry when I realize that it's over. Man, if I cried when I finished my first story, I can't imagine if one of my favorite stories ends. Sad to say, hasn't happened yet. I always have a disgusting trait of finding stories when they start out, so I'm watching them as they meander on. I am, however, glad I was able to follow "The Librarian's Children" from the... well, not beginning, but close enough. Fics are like your babies, and I can imagine the feeling of hitting that 'Complete' button something akin to saying 'I love you' and watching your oldest climb into his rented moving-van.

But it also gives you that feeling of 'OMGWTFBBQ!' when you're sitting there laughing like a maniac because you're DONE! It's a feeling you can't really describe... ::thinks:: I don't think I could describe it even if a list of all the emotions in the world were written on a piece of paper in front of me. I can tell you, however, the word 'sad' is going to circled eighty-times over by the time I finish that Epilogue. I'll be sure to tell you if somebody heard me crying.

I love the date. It was so cute, so adorably sweet and had me sighing on my couch by the time Gar plopped Rachel on the hammock. The moon was an excellent touch and would've been a bit too surreal if Gar had said "yes" when Rachel asked him about the stars. Brilliant. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! My favorite part of the whole story is Gar's plan about the future. You sure know how to capture the male mind. Melvin scared me for a second when I read the part about her climbing through the window. SO many scenarios ran through my mind it almost gave me a headache. I'm glad (somewhat) to know that she hadn't murdered anybody or whatnot. Though it still pissed me off to know she did that. She had every right to (really, I would have stripped the police officer of any manliness he had if he let those two boys walk) but I'm glad you added in her mistakes. Not every teenager is perfect, no matter how much parents wish. ::sighs::

I won't say goodbye because I'll be sure to leave one last review!

Have a safe and Merry Christmas!

~Meg
What is a name chapter 6 . 12/22/2009
This. Is. Genious!

By far the best story i've ever read on this site. It combines so many elements that i disliked in other stories, and blends them together to make something extroardinary.
titanfan45 chapter 25 . 12/22/2009
Simply fabulous. I'm really looking forward to the epilouge. I want to comment on the part where Melvin sneaks out to deal with the bullies wearing Rachael's old coat, that was worthy of a standing ovation.
aznjtgirl chapter 25 . 12/22/2009
aw cuute :D i loved itt. youre a fantastic writer!
Tazer42 chapter 24 . 12/22/2009
Awesome, I particularly enjoy this story, and an update was just what I needed right about now...

I know that I'm a chapter behind, but I just saw it today and I actually read your note at the end.

Wonderful development! I was wondering if Grayson was actually going to pop the question any time this story, and even more if they were going to leave. This was wonderful.

On the subject of Gar/Rae relations. . . Incredible. Really, I don't think that I have read a single book that has handled a relationship like this quite as well as you are here. And I read A LOT.

I won't be commenting on the other chapter tonight, but you can expect a review tomorrow.

P.S. If you have the time and/or inclination to reply, my email is thomas.
angel the demonic angel chapter 25 . 12/22/2009
me again. awesome ending! please do an epilouge!

about that make into book thing.

i read this story from begining to end today and noticed it is way too long.

a trilogy could and more than probably would work.

thx for finishing this story.

i'll be sure to catch some more of your fics.

and if you do make this into a book, could ya give a shoutout to Emmanuel Kegler? much apreciated. cya!

Angel Out
EternallyWilled chapter 25 . 12/22/2009
To CrossEyedButterfly,

All I can say is "AMAZING!" A perfect ending to this story. I love how you followed up on everything and how their date was perfect. Its great how you transition everything so smoothly. I will have to read this chapter again and then the epilogue for sure .

Please don't ever stop writing as I look forward to future works from you! Your ever adoring fan,

~ EternallyWilled
Jhinra chapter 25 . 12/22/2009
Woah, so soon. Awesome!

The we are the Champions bit was pretty funny. What really got me was the lacrosse stick/guitar. Because a friend of mine did the same with a broom.

The thought of Gar ruling the world is sort of scary. Probably he would go on worldwide tv every morning just to greet us. He'll probably make a law that you have to listen to it too.

I'm also glad (or is it not so glad?)to inform you that you have created a perfect jerk. Greg and Matthew sound like a promising young pair of pains in the neck.

Now the only thing that is yet to be answered of Rachel is how she took down people twice her size. Hmm, and the world will never know.

This chap. was so sweet it could give me cavities; the good kind though. If you can even get good cavities. But I digress. And don't worry this was plenty long, to sate your fans voratious reading appetites. Happy (insert whatever you celebrate here)!
Moonlight123 chapter 25 . 12/22/2009
ok so Melvin attack Matthew and Greg? and she got caught by the police? and what was the deal with the cop? I was kinda confuse at that part.

I like how you did the date and them getting together.
631 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »