Reviews for Closer Than Sisters
Peachy Keenest chapter 2 . 8/26/2011
I really like the description and feelings you put into this story. It's always interesting, and i love how long this chapter is. You really portrayed Tina well, she's exactly like the anime. I love the title too. Not too simple, not too sentimental. It's perfect.
cncgamefan chapter 2 . 6/5/2010
I thought for sure Tina would say hi like she usually does
Metakaze chapter 4 . 1/11/2009
I really like this! I hope that you'll continue it soon. _

Tina is my favorite character from this anime. I wonder if there's any girl like her in real life... :\
sctparker chapter 4 . 6/27/2008
*Throwing out* his mother? What? How did Ayumi come to have that impression? Hope you continue it so we find out the answer. Compelling story!
a2plusb2equalc2 chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Congratulations, and more than I have done.

I liked it.

If you rewrite any of it:

You omitted a pronoun in the middle of the second paragraph, "-ing that [she] hadn't stopped at ..."

FYI, the school year starts April 1 in Japan. Surprised me when I found that out.

FYI, Taeko exclaimed in manga vol 2 "Wow! Your Japanese is excellent!" and Tina replied "It ought to be. I've lived in Hakata since I was five." Tina has a Hakata accent. For America the licensers/dubbers expressed that as a southern accent. We don't know for sure, but maybe her parents now live in California.

FYI, you might like the word "Hekigan". It literally means "Blue Eyes" and is synonimous with foreigner. Tina mentions her blue eyes in manga vol 9, in the chapter titled "Hekigan".

You provided a good hook for your next chapter and I look forward to reading it.