Reviews for Stargate: Moon Base Alpha
thundever1 chapter 12 . 5/8/2008
Great chap, brilliant interactions and characterisations. There really are alot of John's around the stargate groups, please update soon.
FORD B chapter 11 . 4/15/2008
Been so busy with life, I haven't had time to read as much as I would like. Anyway, got time now and thought this was a great chapter like the others!
Inquisitor0 chapter 11 . 3/26/2008
ok so far but isn't the Retu the Shadows from Babylon5...since they're among races that had been part of the alliance at one time, does this meant that they were also spacefaring too...the Shadows does have a small battlecrabs that's 200m long...
thundever1 chapter 11 . 3/25/2008
Great chap, brilliant interactions and characterisations and showing how different people interact with each other, good morale going up as they no longer fear not being able to defend their own base must be very good for everyone on Moon base, please update soon.
FORD B chapter 10 . 3/19/2008
Good chapter!
FORD B chapter 9 . 3/5/2008
Greast story line with these newest chapters, a litle hard to follow, but I'm not totally lost.
Mountain King chapter 9 . 2/28/2008
What I find most interesting about this story is you seem to be finding all the villians and allies long forgoten by Stargate. I was always waiting for the Re'tu and the Foothold aliens to make a reapperance.

Maybe the writers couldn't pull it off, but there aways were a lot of plot threads just left dangleing that no one bothered to tie together. Including the tolanan, some ships and people HAD to survive. Something I hope you might make note of later in the story

By stepping back from the multiple crossover eliments you're giveing each show chance to breath. Which is EXACTLY what I hoped would happen.

This story is going from strength to strength and it looks like it can continue. I could never write something like this, my stories need an end before I can start them. This, like all good series, has the potential to continue as long as you want it to. Congratulations and good luck.

Mountain King
thundever1 chapter 9 . 2/27/2008
Great chap, brilliant interactions and characterisations and showing how different people react to each other, please update soon. As well as the fact that not everyone will get on with each other or deal with a situation the same way.
thundever1 chapter 8 . 2/26/2008
Great chap, brilliant characterisations and interactions, its nice to see how they are trying to sort everything out especially the defences, please update soon.
Mackon chapter 8 . 2/26/2008
Nice one.

Thanks for Sharing.
Mackon chapter 7 . 2/22/2008
Interesting read and as a Space 19 fan I love it.

Looking forward to more.

Thanks for Sharing.
BenRG chapter 6 . 2/22/2008
I've lurked since I first saw 'Stargate Wives'. I think some of the crossovers are a /bit/ silly (especially the Ghostbusters) and I think that you shouldn't have too many of them. However, I do like the idea of the Six Million Dollar Man working for SGC. As for the presence of the Vorlons and Shadows... Well, as of that point, the Gou'ald, the Wraith and the Ori are suddenly very, /very/ minor league problems with a possible new Great War on the Horizon.

Having a Supergate in the Sol system is an interesting idea (although I've seen people using the general plot device before, before, indeed, the Supergate was introduced in SG1). As you say, it works a bit like the B5 jump point and the DS9 wormhole to give some measure of exploration capability without ridiculous FTL drive capabilities. When the Prometheus and the Daedelus come on line (not for years, of course), it will probably need its own space station to act as traffic control.

As Kosh says: And so it begins
thundever1 chapter 7 . 2/21/2008
Great chaps, brilliant interactions and characterisations, yay for Lou getting to go to the moon, poor John for feeling a bit not needed due to SG-1 but not true, yay they got Jacob out of a problem situation, please update soon.
FORD B chapter 4 . 2/21/2008
Great chapter here too! I'll have to read the other chapters later when I have more time. Keep up the good work!
Mountain King chapter 3 . 2/17/2008
I was never a very big fan of Space 19. Sory I just wasn't. Same with UFO, Blake's 7 and the Tripods. I know how big and important they were to the history of sci-fi but I was always too busy with Star Trek and the original Battlestar as a kid.

What you have here is a good cast and you've kept to them brilliantly. I do think there is a fairly major problem, it's too packed. For example do you really need Farscape? Or Earth:- Final Confilct? It feels like your fireing crossovers at me like they came out of a minigun.

The problem really is just how fast your going. I like to hurtle along at brake neck speeds in some stories. But I've read four crossovers in three paragraphs in your first chapter. Trying to keep up with that much is just mind boggleing! I to am a fan of multiple crossovers, in fact my first story EVER was one. It never made it out of the starters block. I knew I couldn't keep track of it all, and if I couldn't what chance had my readers?

You have a good story here and I like how you've threaded them all together. In the end I think what you really need to do is put on the brakes and let each crossover mature one at a time. I worry that not everyone is as well versed as you and I about these shows and need to be eased into the rich background of all.

Mountain King