Reviews for Stargate: Moon Base Alpha
Mountain King chapter 3 . 2/17/2008
I was never a very big fan of Space 19. Sory I just wasn't. Same with UFO, Blake's 7 and the Tripods. I know how big and important they were to the history of sci-fi but I was always too busy with Star Trek and the original Battlestar as a kid.

What you have here is a good cast and you've kept to them brilliantly. I do think there is a fairly major problem, it's too packed. For example do you really need Farscape? Or Earth:- Final Confilct? It feels like your fireing crossovers at me like they came out of a minigun.

The problem really is just how fast your going. I like to hurtle along at brake neck speeds in some stories. But I've read four crossovers in three paragraphs in your first chapter. Trying to keep up with that much is just mind boggleing! I to am a fan of multiple crossovers, in fact my first story EVER was one. It never made it out of the starters block. I knew I couldn't keep track of it all, and if I couldn't what chance had my readers?

You have a good story here and I like how you've threaded them all together. In the end I think what you really need to do is put on the brakes and let each crossover mature one at a time. I worry that not everyone is as well versed as you and I about these shows and need to be eased into the rich background of all.

Mountain King
FORD B chapter 3 . 2/16/2008
Very cool! This sounds very interesting indeed! As with the other two, looking forward to more!

Quick question, is the Keeper like that...um alien that was linked to the ship in the show, Farscape? Been to long since I've seen a episode and can remember anything specific like names.
Lucas43 chapter 3 . 2/16/2008
I like the way that the story is going so far, and I hope that you will keep posting more. I think that so far you've got the characters down perfectly. I'm just wondering about a certain shape shifting young lady, and if the same feelings for a certain Italian may pop up. I will just have to wait and see I guess.
thundever1 chapter 3 . 2/16/2008
Great chaps, brilliant interactions and characterisations, they get to explore space in their own way, they must be soo happy, please update soon.
34 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3