Reviews for Don't Go, My Love
Pamela Ryan chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
great first effort
Phyllis Frank chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
I love this story. Wish there was more.
dellaandperrylover chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
This is a wonderful story. You did an incredible job for your first time. I just started writing and I know how intimidating it can be and how important feed back is. I look forward to many, many more!
MarMar1 chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
This was a nice story; lovely for any D/P fan. A few of the things I really liked are:

-that Della proposed. I loved this!

-Perry having had the ring for years, that was a sweet touch (and he must have always kept it handy)

and I especially liked this bit:

-After all he had read in the paper about this hard-bitten Defense Attorney, here he was in the flesh, close to tears because ‘his girl’ was hanging on by a thread, and he did not want to lose her. (I like all of that, but the 'his girl' just sounds so much like Perry!)

One rough spot I thought was this:

Perry had apologized earlier for roughly shoving Della in the cab, and knew that was not a good way to start off an engagement. She had accepted because she never had been able to stay mad at Perry no matter what he had done to her.

That "...no matter what he had done to her." part sort of set my teeth on edge. It sounded to me as if Perry intentionally did things. Of course, we know that is not the case, just the wording is rough. Might have read better if it had said "no matter his transgression." or "regardless of the offense." something like that. My opinion, of course.

Have you considered writing as if you are seeing the action rather than simply telling what happens? Sometimes this can help the writing to flow even better.

You have a good imagination and, obviously, I like your vision of Perry and Della. I would like to see you write more stories with these characters.