Reviews for Daisies
val chapter 2 . 3/23
miscarriage is always a difficult subject. it's not like the death of a person. both are tragic but the demise of an unborn baby is somewhat peculiar. when a person dies, there is either a deathbed, a funeral, or something else in between. in these instances it is a medium to grieve. but with miscarriages, it's usually kept behind doors. hidden in the corner of an upstair half-made nursery room. muffled sobs shared between two people if you're lucky. but sometimes you even have to grieve alone.
i don't know what i'm saying. all i know is that you have written this delicately. and perfectly.
Katamabob chapter 2 . 12/26/2010
Beautiful and sad. My mother had a miscarriage before my oldest brother was born, and she doesn't talk about it, really. It must hurt especially when you haven't had any children, you might think it an omen.

So very sad... poor Molly. It's like that scene near the start of Up. With them painting a nursery, and then in the hospital, the woman sobbing. I cried... so hard.

Thank you.

Ember Nickel chapter 2 . 10/9/2010
Interesting premise. I actually thought Molly's "how do you know?" paragraph ran long, but this was very good overall.
RavenEcho chapter 2 . 1/4/2010
Very sad, but quite well-written, as I've come to expect from you tonight.
LilysMommy chapter 2 . 12/8/2009
As a mother who has also lost a child I thank you for writing this. Everyone else around you may forget, but you never can.
spannieren chapter 2 . 7/3/2009
absolutely heartbreaking :( I lost my twin when i was younger, and i understand the pain of losing someone close. Really touching.
verity candor chapter 2 . 4/1/2009
AW... That was really touching. I thought it was very sweet and very true.
verity candor chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
Hm, I'm intrigued!
Lola-Leexx chapter 2 . 1/20/2009
This is really beautiful in a very sad way. I like the way you portray Molly, and the fact that she has lost a daughter maybe explains her protectivenss of her other children, and gives new meanings and insights into her fears when I remember what the boggart became for her. Really well written.
sick-atxxheart chapter 2 . 10/19/2008
This was great. Well-written and very sweet.
The One And Only Lobster chapter 2 . 7/15/2008
This was very sad, and introduced an idea I never thought of. Plus, I feel deeply for George in the second part. In three weeks, I will have lived half my life without my mother. It is a hard hurdle.

Anyway, thank you for this! It was wonderful.
LittlestWish chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Beautiful. Though the thought of Molly having lost two children is hard, I would expect, for a huge Weasley fan to write, you did so perfectly. I almost feel as if I had lost a child, as if I was Molly. Good job, keep on writing about the Weasleys. I love your stories.
PamelaKatt chapter 2 . 6/23/2008
Break your heart sad. Moms never forget their children, even those that only remain in your heart and thoughts. Maybe not too canon or even SU but very poignant and plausible.
Rose of the West chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
We've often called it Daisy Day-Juliet Gordon Lowe's birthday.

A very sweet story.
little0bird chapter 2 . 5/31/2008
That's actually true, what you said in your note at the end.

There's a girl between my older sister and me who was born too early in 1973, and they told my mother to get pregnant again as soon as possible. And I was born less than a year later. And there are some people in my family who tend to forget my mother lost a child, even though she was only a few hours old when she died. And she was a beautiful baby. My parents have one photograph of her.

But it was absolutely heartbreaking, this story...