Reviews for Out Here in the Fields
RavennaNightwind chapter 18 . 4/25/2008
Aw cute ending. Really sad that Flack died though. Great job!
daytimedrama chapter 17 . 4/24/2008
I've decided I LOVE this AU you have created. I want to know everything. I want to know about Danny and Lindsay after they come back to the US, I want to know all about him going to the academy and only Lindsay and the Flacks were at his graduation, I want to know about them getting married, having kids, and their lives after the war, did Danny suffer or did he put it out of his mind, I think you've created a very unique situation with Lindsay also going through a lot of trauma there as well. Anyway I love it.
ImaSupernaturalCSI chapter 18 . 4/24/2008
You know, I liked this follow up and I think it's really interesting and probably real true to life. So many starlets never found what they were looking for, so many in Vietnam lost someone...I think it was perfect.
feathergirl926 chapter 18 . 4/23/2008
Yay! GREAT chapter. Poor Stella, not what I would have chosen for her, but it worked really really well!
daytimedrama chapter 18 . 4/23/2008
Ooh yay, I'm glad you added to this, I really like hearing about Danny and Lindsay post Vietnam, you weren't explicit in the last chapter but I was so hoping it was them. so yay!
lily moonlight chapter 16 . 4/21/2008
I'm so glad you returned with an update! Hope your rehearsals are going well, sounds fun. I loved this chapter, the action was described so well, and the tension was really tight, with the intercutting between groups, and then finally they are brought together. But oh, the ending. I don't think this is going to be good. What a place to leave us, I can only hope.
lily moonlight chapter 17 . 4/21/2008
I had tears as well in my eyes. This I think was the perfect ending. You are quite right in what you say. The anonymity, even though we can guess, was perfectly judged and it was beautifully written. We are left with our own narratives to fill and that is fine. One of the most poignant lines was the little boy offering to help find his Grandpa's friend.

I've enjoyed this story so much, and I'm very sorry it has come to an end, so I'm looking forward to reading more of your work. A CSI / Numb3rs crossover sounds great!
TatianaMik chapter 17 . 4/21/2008
The Wall was a wonderful place to end it. It was a wonderful AU story!
Vicki-Boo chapter 17 . 4/21/2008
Hey there - just to let you know you did an amazing job - i'm sure all your amazing reviews reflect this!

I've been reading avidly since pretty much the start, as it's been an awesome story - very imaginative and original!

I'm sad you had to kill Don off too - but it was probably more realistic this way.

One thing though - i was just wondering if Danny's wife in this was Lindsay? And i did kinda wonder what happened to Stella and Mac etc...

But on the whole i really enjoyed this fic! You're obvuously a talented writer, so i can't wait to see what else you come up with!

x

but
feathergirl926 chapter 17 . 4/21/2008
Wow, what a sad ending. But it was so beautifully written! I don't suppose we could persuade you to do one more chapter to tell us what happened with Stella, Mac, and the rest of the gang, eh?
ImaSupernaturalCSI chapter 17 . 4/21/2008
Oh, awesome ending. I wondered if it would end in the Wall, somehow. Good ending. And ooh, CSI and Numb3rs, that would be fantastic.

I just...yeah, wow. Great ending.
Laplandgurl chapter 17 . 4/21/2008
That was a really different ending - I liked it - and sad to say our fallen did make sacifrices so we could live in a better world - my grandfather was injured in WW1 and my dad was a dispatch rider in WW2 - my kid brother wanted to join the reserves and carry on the family tradition of serving our country, but was unable to do so due to his hearing problems.

God bless our soldiers - past and present...
Ladybug Jess chapter 16 . 4/21/2008
Trouble Hehehe. Good chapter.

"Mason looked at Lindsay. “I think we should make our move when they bring us out of the hut.”" - Isn't Lindsay elsewhere?
Evan Lorne chapter 16 . 4/20/2008
Wah! You can't leave it there! You must update. I give you one hour. o_o I don't think I can stand longer than a one hour wait xD
ImaSupernaturalCSI chapter 16 . 4/20/2008
Thought it was interesting that this story had a "Vote for John McCain" banner at the bottom of it when I read it :).

I love the action in the chapters, and I love Stella keeping a cool head. And now I want to know what in the WORLD happened to Danny.