Reviews for Taming Of The Krux
zeusfluff chapter 7 . 2/28
This was a beautifully written story. I loved the fact that Marguerite and Roxton can finally be together, and that he got the chance to meet his daughter. Ned and Veronica also get their chance at happiness. All in all, a good solid story with a happy ending.

Thanks for sharing,

ZeusFluff
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 7 . 4/25/2008
I have to say I loved this fic, it was amazing! The only issue I have with it is that John wasn't there through Marguerite's pregnancy and didn't have the chance to see his daughter being born. Unfortunately Gladys played just right on Marguerite's insecurities and she ran away. Though all in all an amazing fic andI hope you write and post more soon (just with shorter update intervals)!
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 6 . 4/2/2008
okay, this is taking a direction I definitely don't like. I hope you won't have John find out about his child only after it's born.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but back then (hell, even now), being an illegitimate child was the worst kind of starting conditions for a life there could be. An unwed mother was ridiculed, insulted and practically cast-out. It was even worse for the child: they were actual outcasts, nobody wanted any contact with them even their peers, they were hated, ridiculed, humiliated and put down.

Don't give this kind of life to John and Marguerite's baby. Have John find out about the child, go after Marguerite and convince her he really loves her and then marry her before the baby comes.

And don't make us wait this long to once again read things get even worse. Angst is over-rated, especially with real lives being angsty enough as it is. Fluff is always welcome.
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 5 . 3/22/2008
shit and it was going so well. it may have started out like that, but John hten fell in love. that Gladys is a true bitch.
StarClari chapter 5 . 3/21/2008
o my god this is so sad!

hope someone's going to fix it
grandma23 chapter 4 . 3/20/2008
LOVING THIS!
StarClari chapter 4 . 3/15/2008
GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT!
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 4 . 3/14/2008
loved it!

well that was definitely a new kind of proposal and definitely an uncommond acceptance: "Why not."

Great story please update sooner!
Gemini Explorer chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
I like your clever title: nice pun!

But neither you or your Beta reader did careful editing. "Indeed" is only one word, not two. "Your" and "you're " aren't the same. There is some general difficulty in grammar and spelling.

Watch overuse of the bit about pushing one another's buttons. It becomes redundant, like having Marguerite ask too often whether this day can get any better. Her academic credetials need to be better. She couldn't buy a teaching position, as you have her doing.

But the story is otherwise well written, and a little different. Don't make Marguerite out to be a total witch. She'e already at that limit. Let her thaw a little. John Roxton is excellent antifreeze for thawing a cold woman, even one as frigid as Marguerite.

I hope you finish this. I want to see how it ends, and I'm pulling for John and Ned. I'm sure that their interest in the ladies is of the heart, not merely of the glands, as William Faulkner once put it. Okay, their interest is of the heart and of the glands. But that's the usual motive for courtship. Oh: let Ned get to know Vee. So far, he's just enchanted with her looks. Let them get to know one another more deeply, while John and Marguerite figure out that they like more about each other than velvet kisses, however much those fuel interest in one another.

Best wishes. You have the makings of a fine story here.

Gemini Explorer
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 3 . 3/2/2008
well,it was a very long wait, but it was worth it. I hope Roxton is truly sincere about his intentions and he convinces Marguerite of them. I loved their chemistry on the show and you're right they really loved to push each other's buttons. Also, this is a good characterization of how a Roxton, who didn't kill his brother and thus has no guilt over that, would turn out if he stayed in the London society. here's hoping we won't have to wait as long for the next update.
StarClari chapter 2 . 2/24/2008
GOD I LOVE IT!
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 2 . 2/20/2008
this is getting interesting... Marguerite has to have a baby because of the plateau... hm.

glad to see MArguerite is more than a conquest to Roxton, she's going to be the one to tame him and make herself into Lady Roxton.

can't wait for an update!
gigletrig chapter 2 . 2/19/2008
aww... i love taming of the shrew! mags/rox will totally rock this out i know it! lol!
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
will this end with Marguerite/Roxton romance aside to Ned/Veronica? I wouldn't mind...