Reviews for Of All the Gin Joints
7gifts chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
This is adorable!
Tibby Rose chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
That was fantastic. I loved it so much
Evey93 chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
I really love DAIR there a great couple i love thier whole oppsodite persoanlity comming together as a couple they really compliment each other and i wish the producers could see the potential for DAIR
cherryblossomjen chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
This is so well written. I love the progressive nature of Dan and Blair's relationship. It's realistic, and more importantly, *interesting* to see develop.

I love Blair on the show. And, even though sometimes Dan annoys me, I think there's potential for them to have a relationship that's healthy and at the time ridiculously intriguing/complex and the antithesis of cliche.

Lately the show has been kind of nice (and cruel too) in terms of hinting at an at least quasi-friendly Dan-Blair relationship. In a lot of ways, Dan is Blair's intellectual equal (in the scholarly sense, not the crafty one; that role is Chuck's by a landslide).

You had so many great one-liners. Not just in terms of 'turn-of-phrase' but it weaved in characters' introspection throughout a seamless narrative. I wish I had made note of them while I read, but I didn't want to stop. SO, sorry I can't be specific about which lines I love.

Another thing I have to mention is that I enjoy your version of Serena more than her current persona on the show. I love that she's trying to define herself without needing a man to do so. I think she inevitably inherited the inclination to do so from observing her mom's behavior. The way you make her respond to Dan's comment about her finding someone someday is so nice

She says simply, “Yeah, but I don’t know if I want to. At the very least, I don’t want to find him yet. I’ve always been with someone... It’s nice to be on my own..." Of course later she ends up with Nate. But what can you do. :)
MrsBigTuna chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
YAY! Dair-goodness! I was a hardcore Chair fan forever, but I'm rapidly becoming a Dair fan. Who would've thunk?

Nice work!
Hollywood Recycle Bin chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
I had a really terrible day and this story really cheered me up, so thank you. I love the Dan/Blair future thing even if I'm huge Chuck fan and I hate Serena/Nate; I love the beginning of this fic and how Dan and Blair still think of each other years after that.
uno mega chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
You should totally send this idea to the Gossip Girl producers. I would watch every week if this was the plot! Good job.
itsme69 chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
Very cute!
oneamsoundstage chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
Loved it. And thank god you didn't go for something corny like ending it with a marriage proposal. I completely respect that.
bitterluallabies chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
I love your take on gossip girl and DB please write more soon.
malloluvsya chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Seriously, I'm in love with this fic. I realy hope you write more Dan/Blair, you really do them justice.
gleechild chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
I'm surprised at how much I like this story. I have read a few Dan/Blair stories and enjoyed all of them, so it's odd that I'm still surprised.. but really. My heart broke for Chuck when Blair was explaining his proposal to Dan, but then I didn't know if I felt bad or just angry at him that he was still holding everything against her. Oh well. Anyway, I love your interpretation of Serena's life. I'm not too sure how happy I am about the N/S thing, but that wasn't the point anyway. lol. I really like how Dan couldn't get Blair out of his head after that night.. and he wrote about her. I mean, that's exactly what happened with Serena. He met her and wrote that story and was just obsessed. He really is a slave to his muse. hehe. I loved this! XOXO Sharon :)
danblairislove chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
its perfect! i love it. its sweet. i just love d/b!:)

more d/b ficss!:)
notorrious chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
i really loved it. except the nateserena part. i hate them. but its still going on my faves list
meree chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
i loved it!

it's awesome! i hope you keep writing