Reviews for But They Might Hope
Ghost of the Dawn chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
I LOVED this fic. In the beginning, I was wondering where it was going, but when it started into the Truth or Dare I was just eating it up. Very entertaining and I very much enjoyed it.
Arken Elf chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Very interisting relate, I like very mucho, the form of write all feeling and ideas, tha two are so diferent but the two fight for the same cause. GREAT FIC!
tomorrow4eva chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
"You when, and we get back"

I think that should be 'win'.

I love that story. Thanks for posting it. :) Hurry for garden jewelry!

Prowl's reason for being an Autobot is beautiful. This is a great character story. I feel like I get to know Prowl a lot better, and that he's not as big a jerk as Simon Furman sometimes makes him out to be.
Bluebird Soaring chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
The depth you captured with this fic just blows my mind! I was expecting fluff when I started to read about Siders and Prowl on a desert island awaiting rescue, but you transformed such a simple setting into a meeting of the minds and a safe harbor for two mechs to question and answer the very issues of their souls. This is downright poetry - the word pictures you paint just wash over the imagination like so many waves on your beach. And it all comes down to universal things like faith and hope, even for the most logical of bots. Very well done!
FairladyZ2005 chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
This story was always one of my favorites from your stupidlamborghinitricks site. I'm glad to see it up here. This is a great character study of Prowl and Sides. I sometimes find Sides to be the tougher twin to write, so fics like this are very inspiring. I like the way you combine both humor and drama in a lot of your stories.
Carmilla DeWinter chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
Words fail me here. This thing is so deep, with so many levels, I don't think I'll ever be able to see to the bottom.
j's 91 chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
Wow! What a great story. Deep. I loved the dialogue...

It could have ended up slash or something and I'm glad it didn't!

Yeah it made me cry too...
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
Nice exploration. It was a change of pace that was very well-done. I also liked the image of Sunstreaker on water skis.
stormqueen873 chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
Okay, you're gonna laugh at me, but this story actually brought tears to my eyes, I kid you not. The depth you give these two, the way you describe Prowl's thought patterns, it all just culminated in an absolutely wonderful ending that put a lump in my throat and made me sniffle. I'm not sure if that's what you intended, but damn, that's good writing.

May I be as good one day. :)

-Stormqueen
blood shifter chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
very good. i thought sideswipe was gonna do something stupid. oh weel. it was a nice story.
Jason M. Lee chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
Deep, deep, deep, Starhorse. Still wonderful reading even after several years.
Quartex chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
I nearly can't handle the coincidence involved in this. I had, per a previous e-mail conversation- gone and saved this story from Lexicon. Lo and behold, I felt like reading it JUST NOW and had JUST opened it and started to do such when the notification came.

That aside, I'm glad that you're uploading this. I seriously don't understand how you write this way, but it's so emotion and thought provoking. Even your comedies give one something to think about. But these fics, especially, linger in my mind for HOURS afterwards. To the point where I find it hard to fall asleep because there are so many jumbled thoughts running through my head just in reaction to simple words.

Out of this fic, this part is definitely my favorite:

“You think we fight for ideals? I mean, for concepts? Really, Prowl?”

I opened it back up just to read that whole scene.

Well. That, and for hats. Kudos. As always.
27 | « Prev Page 1 2