Reviews for Kiss From a Rose
ArcaneMaverick chapter 10 . 1/11
heh face full of DDC. Nice.

Poor Dart's mom, she gets shafted every time because Zieg and Rose are such teh luvs.

Overall, the fic was ok to good for me. LoD is such a great story in general, it's almost impossible to be bad.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 9 . 1/11
Zieg sniffing roses. Really, was that necessary?

Rest was fine.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 8 . 1/11
I thought that too, but Rose had to kill the people otherwise they would have been enslaved by the Moon Child if left unchecked. It's still a fairly weak argument, but I was shocked when I thought like you did.

Aww gross, what a kiss :) He's so old. She at least looks young.

She...winked? waaaaat. Blew a kiss? WAAAT? Rose has changed near instantly.

Ending paragraphs were, eeeeehhhhhhhhh okay I guess. Not for me.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 7 . 1/11
Was that Crystal Sphere real in the game? Smart use of it regardless.

This was a good chapter. Metaphors a bit weak, but well done all around.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 6 . 1/11
Meh. Moving on.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 5 . 1/11
Very idyllic war. Nobody dies and their attacks are all perfect? Sure.

lol a 'weeding' dress and General N'Berg. Can't take that name seriously.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 4 . 1/11
Good dragon names.

Very awkward. Some sentences stumble about.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 3 . 1/11
Damia was out of character.

I really like how Rose interacts with Michael.

Jesus, that eye contact part was really weird. It's just a speech, they can relax for a minute.

Oooookay, whatever I guess.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 2 . 1/11
Jesus Christ. They literally just met and you have them fawning over each other. That's way too fast and really weird for pacing or believability.

But your Dragoon stuff is awesome because describing Dragoons is fun.

2nd half was very clunky, not as good as your first chapter. I don't want to really continue but I will because I want to see this conclude.

It's just me, but I hate how in two chapters, they are dating or practically in bed already. My goodness.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 1 . 1/11
There always was a disconnect between Rose in the game and Rose in the FMVs. In the videos she seemed scared, weaponless, and, well, useless. She needed to hide or be protected by Zieg.

And we never got any clue as to how humans were able to take down dragons but this was neat. I accept this as your "Rose" rather than the game's portrayal. It all works out.

Gloomwing, not a terrible name. I liked his roar effects. Nice touch

WTF is Zieg doing? Is he stupid?

Rose's natural resistance to darkness? Uh, ok.

It's 'threw' the rock, not 'through' in this case.

Ah I forgot about items! Good thinking! That makes it easier to believe humans could take down dragons. But then again, Winglies can use magic too. Ah whatever.

Oooh, bad luck she blinded herself. Rather silly, that.

Rose probably would have stood a better chance if Zieg hadn't yelled like an idiot, giving away the element of surprise.

lol Rose N'Berg

What really? Gah, I hate prophecy stuff. Rose is a foretold legendary warrior. Meh, it's more special if destiny didn't automatically decide what was going to happen to her and thereby give her what she needs to survive. It takes all tension from it because you now know she's going to make it to the end regardless of what happens.

What? Zieg's advice made no sense. What was Rose's weakness? That she was tired or inexperienced?

Felt pretty rushed at the end.
Jeeze, love already?

Well, you changed some things and some parts stumble in flow or consistency, but this is better than most. Loved your descriptions of Dragoons and what they do.
Breezybiatch chapter 10 . 10/23/2008
dude... you totally made me sob my ass off. A hole... *sob*

*SOB!*
Breezybiatch chapter 2 . 6/3/2008
I'm currious to know why so many people think roses eyes are brown. They're a lovely shade of dark blue. And her her is absolutely black too.
Sakura's Sonata chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
Nice! Well done! But what did you mean by the "dragon curse"?