Reviews for Black Is The Colour
Shahzadi chapter 37 . 5/13/2009
Very interesting concept. I don't read Next Generation fics often, but this one clearly stands out alone. I also love the Dominique/James relationship you've created-I mean, who cares if they're cousins? Cousins being together isn't incest since we have enough different genes in our body to not have children who are deficient. Queen Victoria married her first cousin as did the Abdullah Gul, the President of Turkey. So yeah, cousins being together really isn't a big deal. Nonetheless, I hope you update soon! :)

-I
huntinghelene chapter 37 . 3/31/2009
EPIC!

I had been putting off reading this fic - because I didn't have too much interest in non-canon writing set after all the books, I figured it wouldn't be that great and there would be lots of OC-ness because we don't really have C's other than names and ages in the epilogue. This fic was also really long - which I love, and is usually a sign of goodness, but I usually wait until I can devote myself to the whole thing as I always like to read any piece of writing to the very end, even if I don't like them all that much.

Boy, did you prove me wrong and boy, was it worth it!

I'm finding this utterly delightful, rollicking fun and 'JKR-enjoyable' if that makes sense! eg. Sometimes I forget I'm reading fanfic :-)

I love the extrapolation of the characters from their parent's personalities yet also shaped by events in their own lives, and the perspective they have on their celebrity parent's heroic deeds (which they see as not much more than 'gathered round the fire after too many drinks' stories at the beginning). Although I do get muddled from time to time about who is who's kid!

I was tentative when you bought Harry and the others in although I had been immensely curious too, and I think you did a great job! They don't feature too prominently or steal the story, and Harry's hollow eyes are an image I will always carry! And beards! Beards are good.

I only ended up reading this because it was the only fic of yours I hadn't read, besides Death Note, which I hadn't yet watched, and I thought 'It's Jenwryn - it's gotta be worth it!'. And it was!

I was also put off at first when the title seemed to imply a Sirius story and I was a bit disappointed after reading the first chapter that it wasn't (and then it was! Squee! I will always trust you Jenwryn!)

So please update when you can!

Although I have just finished Death Note *sobs sobs I miss L* and am ready to dive into that fandom now... woo hoo!

Thanks so much for writing,

HH
margentbutter chapter 37 . 1/21/2009
It just gets more and more intriguing! (God when I was younger I always wanted to be magical but since Harry Potter I've decided it's nothing but hassle.) Nice work!
Saffygirl chapter 37 . 1/16/2009

shanacus chapter 37 . 1/16/2009
oh damn, runcorn as minister?

ickk, sounds bad.

great chapter though!

Update sooN!
LuLaRoo7 chapter 37 . 1/16/2009
Wow! I just can't believe everything has turned upside down. Update soon.
Missdagane chapter 36 . 1/5/2009
Perfect, as usual. Your fic is so original... please go on.
Saffygirl chapter 36 . 1/3/2009
Cool chapter!

Now this isn't saying I don't love your story, because I do... but aren't James and Dominique cousins? Classifying their relationship as incest?

Sorry if my question made you angry, but I was just curious.

shanacus chapter 36 . 1/3/2009
aww James/Dominique,

that was sweet.

I really can't wait to see what's going on with Rose and Scorpious
xoxphoenix chapter 36 . 1/3/2009
:O

You did not just end it that way.

Oh no you didn't! :O:O What a cliffe xD That was a great chapter I'm so glad you updated this is one of my favorite stories ever. I can't find out what happens next!
shanacus chapter 35 . 12/22/2008
wah percy :[

Nice chapter, update soon!
Saffygirl chapter 35 . 12/21/2008
Cool chapter!

Can't wait until the next update!
Manawydan chapter 35 . 12/21/2008
there you did it, everything was kinda coming together last chapter, but know you've introduced Victoires weird job thing and im thoroughly confused again.

but on a different note it was a wonderful chapter it was nice seeing it from other POV's, i'm so glad you didn't dismiss Percy's death quickly so many authers seem to do that and i just wanna scream SOMEBODY JUST DIED FOR CRYING OUT LOAD

and it was wonderful hearing it from people who arn't entwined in all this madness.

are you going to do the scene from james and dominiques POV so we know what there talking about or was it nothing important?
Manawydan chapter 34 . 12/11/2008
is the heir rose and scorpius son? you say bloodlines knit so that seems like the most logical choice, plus the fact that he's IN the past and has cool name that means something... and for me thats a reason

is there a way to communicate with rose and scorpius (and there son) in the past or travel back and forth, you say 'controls' thats the part i dont get

does this all have something to do with bellatrix eating eyes, and why can harry see when Dominique is around or am i understanding that wrong, i feel like harry's acting suspicious but im not gonna go so far as to say that bella's possessing him yet

(i understand that your not actally gonna answer most or even any of my questions since i assume they'll pop up later but it can't hurt to try)

i looked up the Matariki stuff, its so cool how you use legends, and mythology and religious stories in this :D

i cant believe this is all starting to come together (which is a clear indication that since is all going to become madly confusing again in the next chapter)
Saffygirl chapter 34 . 12/11/2008