Reviews for Adversus Solem Ne Loquito
risi chapter 3 . 3/11/2008
I'm glad I found this story, I've always liked time travel tales. I found it interesting that it was Bellatrix who went after him, I would have expected it to be Dumbledore, and you've made her more sympathetic than I've often thought of her, but then again she hasn't spent all those years in Azkaban yet, going slowly insane. I liked how Snape was unable to kill his younger self due to his already living in the future. It sort of reminds me of a recent, well a few years back, version of The Time Machine where the hero couldn't save his wife because her death was the reason he invented the time machine.
wynnleaf chapter 3 . 3/11/2008
Well, I wondered where this story would go, especially since the time travel theories in JKR's world are basically that you don't actually change what happened. Good story. I'd kind of like to see more of Snape from your perspective, especially at this period in his life. It was obviously a pretty dark time for him.
wynnleaf chapter 2 . 3/11/2008
Very original. I like the way Snape is so recently traumatized by Lily's death that he really isn't able to think clearly at all. And it fits, since just after her death he was telling Dumbledore that he wanted to die. So his state of mind makes this really believable. And Bella's trip to the past makes sense as well.
Fallen Angel111586 chapter 2 . 3/9/2008
Great fic so far. Poor Sev. I am always a sucker for tourmented souls. *Cries and gives him a hug.* Hope ther'll be an update soon.
Nina chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
Brilliant! The makings of a great story.
jen chapter 2 . 3/1/2008
I like the story so far. Are you planning on any epiphanies? Maybe Severus the older whisking away his younger self from this pain filled past and giving him the love that only he older self knows he deserved (even though he's trying to kill himself)? Doesn't matter. I look forward to your next update so don't take too long :)
kate chapter 2 . 3/1/2008
this so interesting! here's hoping you update soon!
Borolin chapter 2 . 3/1/2008
Very clever. Of course, if he dies and Lily lives, Voldemort will live too: but if he only left Voldemort to save Lily in the first place, he may still think that that's a double plus.

Tiny Britpick again - he'd almost certainly think of it as a bookshop, not a bookstore.
Borolin chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
Very original and clever, especially with the arrival of Bella and her complete misunderstanding of the situation. I thought at first that Severus wouldn't be so daft as to do a thing like this - but then I saw he'd come back from just after Lily's death, so he's only 21 and still in shock, which makes it all perfectly believable.

Minor quibble - Spinner's End appears to be in the north of England, and it's certainly many miles from London (we're told so in HBP), so it can't be anywhere even vaguely near the Leaky Cauldron. And a tiny Britpick - we usually say "shops", not "stores".
Davek86 chapter 2 . 3/1/2008
I like bella in the mix, makes things more complicated

update soon
Miss3y chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Wow, I really like this so far! It's just such a unique plot line, I can't wait for you to update _
duj chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Wonderful original idea. Great heart-wrenching start.
Marna Christianna chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
Is there any reason as to why Snape just doesn't warn his younger self to choose a different life path instead of just killing his younger self? Doesn't Snape have the same power as Voldemort where he can project images into his younger self's mind? Because I'm still not sure Lily chose the right guy. James did agree to the very stupid secret keeper plan, and did charge after LV WITHOUT a wand, that, and I never did like him after I found out he was a bully.) But I guess Lily's death has made Severus feel that he desevers to die. Interested in seeing where this story goes.
Silverthreads chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
Hm, interesting start
panther73110 chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
love your story and have never seen a story like this before so it should be very intersting.
30 | « Prev Page 1 2