Reviews for You're Not Her
machievelli chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
Posted 11 May 2013, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. I was posting directly to the actual story threads, but my computer went down for the second time in six months with a virus in June of 2012. Then in November kotorfanmedia went down for reasons unknown, so I was stymied in my attempts to post the reviews. I had waited for it to revive, but you on fanfiction deserve your reviews.

Some of the work I read is what I consider worthy of a professional. These are marked as Picks of the Week. While they are posted on Starwarsknights I am adding the best of the week where applicable.

KOTOR aboard Leviathan: That fateful confrontation seen through Malak's eyes.

Some problems with using the wrong words; counsel (advise) rather than council, protest instead of protect, though instead of thought, lead instead of led. This is more an editing problem than anything else, so nothing major. Remember that names, even ship names, are always capitalized.

All that being said, the work is a tour de force. The reasoning behind Malak's attack makes a lot more sense than the basic story line of the game, and his attempts to get Revan to understand who she was was only cloaked by the words he used as gloating.

By looking at what had been done to Revan from where he stands, the hypocrisy of what the Jedi Council has done is thrown into sharper relief. One line stands out, because it echoes my own works; 'But then, that's not exactly difficult, they can't swear an oath to protest(Should be protect) the Republic until they think that 'something bad could happen'. I looked at what the Jedi were supposed to stand for when I finished KOTOR, and the one glaring flaw was this:

You train a group of people for their entire lives to consider the Republic more important than life itself. Yet you then first order them not to intervene to protect that body, then condemn them out of hand for refusing that order.

That made sense to me.

Excellent work, well written, and well thought out.

Pick of the Week
Bushy Squirrel chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
A very well written story and rather unique perspective.

It does make sense that someone should be outraged by what the Council had done to Revan and having it be Malak makes all the more sense. They don't really cover much of Revan and Malak's relationship in the game so it's wide open for interpretation. Even if they hated each other in the end, they still respected each other. (Which is more than can be said about the Council's feelings for either of them.) It just...fits to have Malak be the one to react so strongly.
Cats-in-blue-glasses chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
This was great! I love how you portrayed Malak. I've never really liked what the Jedi Council did to Revan, and the fact that it's Malak who sees just how disgusting it was is absolutely BRILLIANT! I kind of feel sorry for him and Revan, though...To think that there's barely nothing left of the old Revan (from Malak's point of view) is kind of tragic. *sigh* This was genius!

Sincerely,

Charis
Replica Velocity a.k.a. X5 714 chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
I like how you added a new dimension to the fateful conversation and how it shows Malak searching for traces of his Revan and when he finds none it hurts. Good story.
Emperor Jaden chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
You know...I've read every single one of your stories, from first, to last chapter...for every single one of them. Was even tempted to make an Exile, or a Revan similar to yours...Was very tempted to make Aunn, from your Dragon Age fics.

And this is still my favorite. This story...The psychological means behind Malak's mind..pointing out just how monstrous a thing was done to Revan..and letting it be -Malak- to see all of it..not Bastilla. Not Carth. Malak. That's sheer genius.

You're sheer genius, Sarah, and you deserve being called as such.

Kudos and high fives to you.

May you never lose interesting in writing, or we might not get pieces as awesome as this.

Always gonna be reading,

Jaden
Lord of Murder chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
very well done.
koolkame chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
Nice use of the actual dialogue. Malak seems a much more complicated character than in the game with your reasoning.
thesummerstormsarchivedaccount chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
A completely different mood from "You're even ruder than that waiter!" but I actually think I like this one better. I've never thought about Malak's betrayal from this perspective before; I doubt many people have. It definately is interestinmg to think about.
Cailus Griffin chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
Gotta say, that's a superb piece, excellently written-puts the philosophy of the Sith in a whole new light. Well done. :D
Dr Gonzo chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Great job
Code name Anrui Yuy chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Wow...really interesting perspective on Malak, you make him sound so eloquent and human that his spoken lines seems cardboard and clumsy. Unique and very cool
booboo chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Interesting! I can't wait to read more. This definitely gives Malak more depth. I almost feel sorry for Malak.