Reviews for Linger
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
Like it - and yeah, can understand lingering affects of the sins...

ah man, poor Dean. Lust really did a number on him - and those poor girls ... twisted, no matter which way you look at it.
Of course, Sam REALLY had the Pride beaten out of him, didn't he?

Thanks for the explanation of all the emotional stuff - they really hurt each other on the show, and it helps thinking there was an explanation.
Shazza chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
This was a really great fic! I don't recall ever hearing the theory that the boys, and other Vic's, carried some measure of the Deadly Sin they killed forward with them only to be shed after it was acted on. What a brilliant concept and , once again, something that would have added meaning if used on the show. Congrats, this was stellar.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
You know that when the Winchesters are at each others throats like that, something has to be wrong, above and beyond any argument they could be struggling through at the time. Thankfully they got this one sorted out without causing any damage to other people, even though there were a couple close calls.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Awesome and so believable that both were affected from one of the 7 deadly sins. What really got me the most though was the ending, particularly the final line, imaging what and why Dean was writing - He shook the thought free. "Leaving you is the only part I'm not okay with," he said quietly.

Sam's breath hitched before resettling into its slow rhythm. But if he heard, well, they could both pretend differently. Wasn't like they weren't both carrying secrets already.

After a few minutes, Dean rose and dragged a chair over next to the open bathroom doorway. He settled into it, pulling a notebook out of the bottom of his nearby duffel. And with one more glance up at Sam, he began to write.
Kohadril chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Excellent. A lot of great stuff here, but my favorite selection was, weirdly, probably this:

"Some of the starch had gone out of Sam’s back without an audience to be angry for..."

That is a detail that really struck home, phrased in a way that is both economical and evocative. I can completely see Sam acting this way, and I can completely relate to him acting this way. To some it might seem pejorative, but it's not-this is how families act.

Including a scene like this certainly would have set up the story for the rest of the third season. I think I'm going to choose to believe that this (or something like it) happened; these guys have to acknowledge each other occasionally offscreen, or their bond wouldn't be anywhere near as strong as it is.
Whilom chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Aww, I really liked this one! Good progression from the bickering in the beginning to the gentle care and soul-baring at the end. I liked how you paced the moment when Sam turns his head and Dean sees the damage; I could picture it easily.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
Sheesh! I never thought about there being lingering effects from dealing with the 7 deadly sins. How horrible was that! I thought Dean was a little different in the bar.

Excellent premise and excellently done.
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
I'm guessing that you thought the boys acted slightly out of character at a few points in the episode? :)

This was very good, though, even if that guess was off the mark. The effects of the Sins lingering is a very interesting idea, and you pulled it off excellently.

Good job!
zookitty chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
oh wow I love this! I didn't really like this episode, but even the worst episodes of Super are better than the best of most shows, haha. Anyway, my point was I needed this little story _

I love how you have Dean questioning his motives for his words. I thought he acted a little bit jerky in this episode, I like your take on why. It makes sense to because by the next episode he and Sam seem just ok with eachother, and Dean is behaving again.

-well, as much as six-foot-four of weary klutz ever got- Absolutely loved this line.

I soo enjoy reading your stories because you always make the perfect tags, this is exactly what the episode needed!

-“Leaving you is the only part I’m not okay with,” - aw my heart melted right there.
writerchick03 chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
Original idea! Kudos!
ames 449 chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
I really enjoyed this. I loved the emotion and the fact you had some kind of aftermath for the seven deadly sins. Really nice job
Isabellec chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
I love the way your mind works and the way you see the brothers. Just lovely story telling, and so *them*.
KatieLB chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
please tell me your going to let us know what dean was writting in that said notebook? please another great idea for a tag and after effect of the hunt. great job
tracys dream chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
I like your take on this episode. Very original.
Tyranusfan chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
I like the idea that they didn't get away unaffected. Nice job!

I'm really curious about the notebook Dean's writing in...