Reviews for De Profundis
Cassandra chapter 10 . 12/23/2020
Why did you abandon this story? I've read the whole story in almost one go, I just couldn't stop reading, and now there's a cliffhanger! Please continue writing, it's so utterly enthralling!
ChosenInWinter chapter 10 . 12/18/2020
This is great! I’m so bummed it’s not finished. I think you are a great writer with some original twists.
ChosenInWinter chapter 2 . 12/18/2020
Omg please never use the word phlegmatic again!
greeneggsandsam93 chapter 10 . 8/18/2020
Oh man what a truly great story! I typically don't read Post-DH fics, but this one was amazing. I really wish it was complete, but I'm sure that this is behind you at this point (seeing as it hasn't been updated in 4 years). But i just wanted to leave a review anyway.

The way you've shaped Hermione and Severus' relationship is something I haven't seen before, being united by a tragic event and grappling with those thoughts and feelings is an interesting way to watch them (eventually) come together.

The theme of reality vs. perception is woven perfectly - we see these more through Hermione's eyes than Severus, but I think that makes sense, seeing as she doesn't have as much experience with the world as Snape does.

I also appreciate how you were able to express the torment and abuse through their capture without being overly gory about it; the descriptions of their physical state after finally escaping was also a nice touch - I don't know why it didn't dawn on me, but of course Snape would have a beard after months of confinement.

Anyway, great read, I'm happy to see you have another Snape/Hermione story thats a bit longer and completed, I may go and give than one a read as well. Just in case, I am following this story, who knows, maybe you'll be inspired to finish it. I certainly hope so!
A5mia chapter 10 . 8/5/2020
Too bad you didn't finish this. It's brilliant.
duj chapter 2 . 6/20/2020
Re-read this story for the umpteenth time. Really wish there was more of it than there is here.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 5/6/2020
Well, it doesn't sound like the Order is doing this deliberately, and I hope you write another chapter to explain just what is going on!
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 4/20/2020
Solitary confinement of the kind Snape is sentenced to is considered torture by Amnesty International. I noticed that Hermione is allowed visitors, and it looks like someone's parked a Dementor outside Snape's cottage.

How exciting that nobody is supposed to know that Snape is alive. Sounds like a way to make sure he doesn't survive and that nobody asks questions.
5redroses chapter 10 . 3/7/2020
I imagine that this is a lost cause, but I love your story and would love it if you updated.
5redroses chapter 5 . 3/7/2020
'Hermione made a valiant effort but got only three sips down before she was overcome with nausea and had to stop.' Wait, is she pregnant?!

Also, if Hermione's parents wired them £120 exactly, how were they able to buy clothes and coffee as well as the train tickets?
5redroses chapter 4 . 3/7/2020
'''Lost?" He was American. Severus stifled a groan. He loathed Americans. Always asking obvious questions and talking too loud. Gryffindors, the lot of them.' This made me laugh
Mel chapter 10 . 1/3/2020
I know you haven't updated in years, but this story is amazing. You're such a good writer! The plot is so interesting, I'm so intrigued. The characters are so well written, and you describe what's going on in their heads and the complications so well. I hope you come back to this story some day!
Lilly Granger chapter 10 . 11/22/2019
Truly heart breaking ththaththat this was abandoned. Haven't read a fanfic this good in so long! It's much appreciated, nonetheless.
kickismiles chapter 1 . 10/23/2019
Damn it...i really hope you can finish this. Even if its been 3 years since your last update...i have faith that you can do it.
Hetc chapter 10 . 7/1/2019
This is fantastic. Thanks for what you have written so far. Like many other people, I'd love to read more, your real life permitting.