Reviews for And Yet He Flinched
mercutio-rane chapter 1 . 3/21/2005
God, this is great! I love it when I discover someone indirectly through another person's favorites list! Can't wait to check out the rest of your work! :)
Clairvoyant Snake chapter 1 . 3/3/2005
Wow, what a wonderful story! I love how the beginning and ending tied in so well. Also wonderful how you described Minerva's feelings. Great job! I felt so terrible for Severus when Dumbledore didn't expel Sirius.
Blume chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
wow! thsi is certianly great! now I know why it had so many reviews! D fancy that! 135 with only a bit more than 10 words!
preety-lady-serenity chapter 1 . 1/15/2005
I LOVED IT! You are MAJORLY GOOD!

Yes thank you, thank you for writting this fanfic. I mean I was supecting from book 2 that something is not quite good with Snape. Something he had lived good work. Excellent!

(I loved it!)

preety-lady-serenity aka Kathlin.
clara200 chapter 1 . 1/3/2005
very good it makes your think about poor snape and it says alot about prof. Mc Gonagall.
Tamoral chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
Very well written and does all the characters involved justice and more.

Beautiful.
Echo chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
*Giggles* I love it, it gave me goosebumps and thats saying a lot, I get goosebumps only when I love the story, I think its brilliant. Have you ever thought of making it into a big story, like continueing the story. I think it would be brilliant.
Aeli Kindara chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
Beautiful fic. Just beautiful. So poignant, and sad. Lovely. A good idea, and very well-written.
Taintless chapter 1 . 12/24/2004
Oh my god, that was brilliant! Amazing stuff! Great work!
sexypancake chapter 1 . 12/22/2004
wow. this fic is really deep. i like the conection of severus implying that "he tried to kill me and it doesn't matter to you" and the earlies uninvolvement of dumbl. in sev's home life. this fic was intersting and the flinch theme was simple, yet very powerful.
Swii chapter 1 . 12/21/2004
Unbelievable and remarkable. I absolutely adore the way you interpret what has happened to him. This story truly stands out from all of the rest. I love how you have it from McGonagell's perspective as well. I also find how Severus must have been thinking to be truly marvelous. I like the fact that he thinks Dumbledore doesn't care...and how you write him to have been thinking of opening up. It's a very good story.
d chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
It's a perfect story, and I love it.
AfterTheFall chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
I've read this story over and over and over. I absolutley love it, hands down, one of the best HP fics out there.

So, sorry it's taken me so lobe to review.

Your charaterisations are spot on, you create a world outside of what we know and yet keep both perfectly in canon.

I've always believed there was more to Snape than met the eye, as of PoA I believed he probably grew up in an abusive house (although, I've always liked snape and making excuses for the way he behaves) and the shreking shack incident, i always thought was treated a little flipantly by Dumbledore, and the end result somewhat bias. I love the way you show how it effect Snape, and Mcgonagall's reaction too.

Also, I adore the relationship you have with the two. It's, imo, one of the most interesting. A comment here and there made by McGonagall makes me think they do indeed get along very well - at least by Snape's Standards. This story captured my favorite characters in the way I see them with the past I believe they had, so for that Thank You!

This is a truly wonderful story, a gem in alot of crap found on this site. So in cannon and explaining so much absent from the books, your writting style is amazing, I could actually picture and see the interaction between the two. Bravo!

Like I said, I constantly come back to this story when I want to read quality writting, which is hard to find these days. So, well done mate! Hope to read more of your work soon!
anonymous chapter 1 . 12/2/2004
this was the first HP story in a long time where i could hear the characters' voices. thank you for sharing your writing.
Flamingteen chapter 1 . 12/1/2004