Reviews for And Yet He Flinched
salzgurke chapter 1 . 8/17/2004
Oh my, this is a brilliant piece of fanfiction, I still have tears in my eyes. Thank you for this great story.
Sploogal chapter 1 . 8/15/2004
Hi H.L.B!

I’m working on a website that will contain links to some of the best Harry Potter fanfiction on the net. (I’m judging what I think is best based on coherency and engaging plotline.) I was wondering if you’d mind me putting in a link to this story. Please email me back () with your answer quickly as I’m hoping to get this site working soon. (Or if you don't have email let me know by leaving a review or for one of my fics saying yes or no.) Also, if you know of any fics that you would like to recommend for the site, could you please give me a link to them? They can be any pairing, genre etc. you like just as long as they’re well written and the author seems as though they are going to finish them. Thanks.

~Sploogal
SoContagious chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
This is really powerful stuff, wow. Wonderful characterizations and a very believable portray of why Severus is the way he is now. McGonagall's character was wonderfully done too, nice to have her not agree with Dumbledore on the non-punishment of James and Sirius for that awful prank. Really intense and memorable one-shot.
Lilithakaducky chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Wow. This story is intense. Way good. *Still speechless*
Viskii chapter 1 . 7/24/2004
This is bloody brilliant. Perfect characterization of everybody. I really like Minerva here. Your style of prose also conveys the emotions here in a manner that really fits the style of the story... Excellent job. :)
Aj-sama chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
Wo~ow! This was. . .incredible! I think it's a great background for Snape, and I mean GREAT!
The-Bass-player312 chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
aw :'( my poor Severus! I love him! that was SO good! I really liked the ending! :(
stocktonwood chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
this almost made me cry, and that never happens. Bravo!
Pointed Teeth chapter 1 . 7/3/2004
Wow, for such a short piece it really packs a punch. Your writing style is superb, the way you leave hints so that the reader fills in the gaps instead of having it all spread out before them. You made us feel for the 'unlovable' character, and you gave him solid reasons for his behaviour without lingering over unecessary descriptions of torture, or longs stings of angst ridden prose.

A wonderful reflective piece.

Later.
TallulahKitty chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
Nice, fresh, effective story and beautifully written. Two tabby paws way, way up!
MedeaSavannah chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
Wow...that was really good! I thought it held some very valid insight in it and matches believably with some of the scenes we saw in Order of the Phoenix. Kudos to you!
Misha chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
"not even on children. . . ."
OMG! *wipes away a tear* So sad... Loved it...
june chapter 1 . 4/26/2004
oh!
Great ending!
roz chapter 1 . 3/17/2004
aw! ace fic!
Nadia118 chapter 1 . 3/13/2004
That was rilli touching! i cried. u r an amazing writer dont stop. i rilli felt sry for snape which i havnt done very much. i need to thank The Velvet Ghost for suggesting that her readers read this in her authors notes in Ankh of Khepri. pleez write more i cant wait to read more stories by you.
Nadia118