Reviews for The Poker Game
Reader chapter 3 . 5/22
Okay, so this takes place in an alternate seventh year. (Harry did mention that the last six years in the wizarding world were horrible for him) So, at this point, you've made a few mistakes.

1: Harry was kicked off the Quidditch team permanently at this point. (even after he was told that the pink toad of horror's ban wasn't worth the air she breathed) Ron was Keeper, Ginny was Seeker, the positions of Chasers and Beaters are unknown, because Harry was no longer part of the team and what he isn't part of barely merits Rowling mentioning in her stories.

2: The amount of Weasleys in the castle amounts to two: Ronald Billius Weasley and Ginevra Weasley. Fred and George exited the stage during their sixth year.

3: (For a later chapter) Katie Bell is two years older than Harry. That means that his fifth year was her final year. She wouldn't be in school anymore, unless she was as dumb as Flint and needed to repeat her final year. (Flint was seventh year in Harry's first, yet he was still Quidditch captain for Slytherin during Harry's second year. Most likely an oversight on Rowling's part, or she was just too lazy to make a new character to replace Flint) Come to think of it, Cho probably wouldn't be in school anymore, either. She's a year older than Harry.
Luna Lovegood chapter 2 . 5/21
So Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle are stuck halfway between human and ass? Why did Harry even try to transfigure them into humans to begin with?
Reader chapter 2 . 5/21
You are making some mighty big assumptions based on faulty information. As pointed out by dozens of fans/writers, the Wizarding World is, at the very least, four hundred years behind the time, barely adopting very early Victorian Era trends. Considering this story takes place in the early nineteen nineties, that means that, for all intents and purposes, the Wizarding World is based around the 15-1690's. Considering rent wasn't law until 1809, that means that the Wizarding World most likely doesn't have rent. In other words, it was money to outright buy the building, because rent won't exist for another two hundred years, if it ever exists at all with how slowly the pure-bloods let things develop. (proof of this: floos were said to be new and introduced soon after fireplaces became common place in the Wizarding World. Muggles invented the fireplace in the 12th century)

As for annual fees, I wouldn't put it past the Ministry to charge merchant fees for people looking to sell products. Then you got to pay people if you use something they or their family invented, materials and wages... You get the picture.

Oh, and prices were given on a few things. Such as butterbeers being three sickles. Considering a bottle of coca-cola was about half of what it is today, which is about 1.18 pounds. That means that six sickles is about a pound. As for conversions...Rowling admitted she was rubbish with dates, times and maths. (she's like the real life, female Muggle version of Lockhart)
Fugacity7 chapter 9 . 5/8
The way this ended - with Ron suddenly acquiring his own harem and panicking - is rather amusing.
Monster King chapter 9 . 4/15
Great story I really liked it good job writing the story.
Over all this is a great comedy fix. It has enough emotion to get you attached to characters but is also comedicdicaly refreshing. Well done
BlazeStryker chapter 6 . 3/17
Honky-Tonk.

How's *that* for a nickname for her?
Soki711 chapter 9 . 3/13
Thoroughly enjoyed this story. Was a lot of fun reading.
Ted Hsu chapter 3 . 3/10
Suddenly I'm reminded of that joke from "The Addams Family" movie from 25 years ago when asking about Girl Scout cookies, Wednesday asks "Are they made from real Girl Scouts?"
Fugacity chapter 9 . 3/3
This was a hilarious conclusion to the story...

Be careful what you wish for Ron...
*snerk*
Stormshadow13 chapter 9 . 2/15
I really enjoyed the story. I think it is one of the better harem fics that I have read. I very much enjoyed your hairy and the way he got his family. I’m glad he’s happy in the end, and I love the way you kept gathering new magic.
Some Guy chapter 6 . 2/2
From my recollections, which are very old, Snape never referred to Voldemort by his hyphenated titles. He always referred to him as 'the Dark Lord' or 'Lord Voldemort.'
Some Guy chapter 6 . 2/2
Unmarried? Didn't Tonks and Remus get hitched during sixth year, the same year that she got pregnant? Doesn't that mean that there is no unmarried female of the Black line then?

Fact check problems?
Reader chapter 9 . 1/29
Am I the only one who feels bad for Su Li, Megan Jones and Romilda Vane? Ronald Weasley is a fate I'd only sic on a FemDraco or Lavender Brown. (seriously, the girl is a barely sentient barbie doll, or a magical Kardashian, maybe both)

And only Harry Potter could knock up magic and get away with it in all ways. (no childcare payments at all)

Don't know why, but I rather like the Harry/Gabi pairing. She's either depicted as innocent to a fault, being the cute and pure fairy to the lusty and lewd fae-like Luna, a charming and upbeat girl, like in this fic, or a completely smitten little girl.
ExceleKurokami chapter 1 . 1/29
Note on prices. Butterbeers and such have had prices labelled, but lets go with book supplies. Normally, it seems that the cost of five to seven books amounts to a total of two to three hundred galleons. If we go by how a high school textbook is, on average, about $70 or so dollars, that means that a book, on average, cost about 40 or so galleons. This doesn't take into account certain books, like Flophard's bullshit-ographies probably costing a hundred galleons a pop. (Draco did imply it was way above the Weasley family's means to purchase five full sets of the books, and those stacks were quite tall)

This is as rough as hell, but that means each galleon is worth about 1.75 pounds. So, the store they bought was worth at least 1750 pounds, the "exact" value of Harry's Tri-Wiz winnings in real money. Don't forget that they probably got a 'pure-blood discount' and can probably waive property tax, if the Magicals have advanced far enough for that, because they're pure-bloods. Based on how much the twins appreciated it, I'd say that Harry paid the lion's share of the store price, I do believe they got a sizable loan from Gringotts, meaning they probably got it for about three thousand galleons, or 5250 pounds.

In short, you were more or less right, you just used the wrong currency for end totals.