Reviews for The Poker Game
LGreymark chapter 9 . 8/16
Greetings

I review rarely, if ever, mostly because I trawl through hours and hours of stories and they tend to blur together. But every so often one catches my eye and batters me around the head and neck until it get's it's way. Much like Luna really.

This was fantastic, from start to finish it dragged me in, sat me down, then dumbfounded me with shiny things till I was just happy to be along for the ride. I want to shamelessly steal your ideas for my own work but I shall restrain myself out of respect for this excellent piece of work.

Bravo sir, bravo
LGreymark
Trace Reading chapter 1 . 8/4
One of the most common things about poker games (in fiction anyway) is the "see and raise" statement. You don't actually have to say anything when you're matching a bet, and you don't have to say anything when you raise, either. You can announce that you raise, but you don't have to go through the whole "see and raise" spiel.
PGHammer chapter 5 . 7/4
Waterbeds are a purely Mundane invention - originally for medical reasons. The inventor was a US Navy Lieutenant named Robert Anson Heinlein (yes - THAT Heinlein), who thought them up while stationed in the Panama Canal Zone during a combined dual outbreak of yellow fever and dysentery. The same outbreak, in fact, killed his military career - he was forced to medically retire. Waterbeds have several advantages over not only conventional mattresses, but even most UNconventional mattresses (I'd know - I used to own one). However, one of the biggest disadvantages is their weight - they are heavier than a conventional bed of the same size. However, putting a waterbed in the Chamber (which shares a level with Hogwarts' Potions classrooms - castle, remember?) means that the weight issue is a non-issue.
PGHammer chapter 3 . 7/4
I do so LOVE Dumble-sledging - especially when it comes from way out of Wrong Field. (The McGonagall-sledging was a bonus.) First, Minerva gets whacked by Harry, then Dumbles gets whacked by (of all people) Pansy. I do have a question, though - from where did Harry learn that spell he used on Draco and Goons? Meanwhile, poor *Hermione* - it's starting to sink in that she's "envious" - of the girls, not Harry. (Yes - I said envious - not jealous.) They have Harry - and she does not.
OriksGaming chapter 9 . 6/21
This entire story had me laughing the entire way. I kinda wish he'd actually had more romantic moments with each of the girls in turn, I was a bit disappointed in the end. One of the weirdest stories I've read in a while, but also very well written. Great job.
My response to just the first part: F*ck you, Luna. Your manipulations are clear as freaking day and I'm disgusted in you for doing this, clearly for her own twisted view of the situation.

Harry should've dumped her right then and there.
Goose chapter 5 . 5/16
I take back what I said in my earlier review. This is horrible, and got worse real quick. Straight up God mode Harry sue lol.
Goose chapter 4 . 5/16
What's sad is that an obviously silly and a hilarious insult to harem/superHarry fics is actually much better than the serious harem fics.
Hammer n' Nail chapter 9 . 4/27
Pfft I loved that ending.
This is an amazing story, and you should you I adore you for writing it.
kanazak chapter 9 . 4/22
Wish this had continued a bit longer. It'd have been interesting. I really enjoyed this story, it brightened my day immensely, and despite other disappointments that occurred today, I still feel like overall it was a good day, thanks to reading this! So thanks for writing it! :D
Karou WindStalker chapter 9 . 3/21
Good ending, even if I wish you had continued on from there.
FateBurn chapter 2 . 2/25
Although I dont really liked the inclusion of Ginny you guy managed it really well.
FateBurn chapter 1 . 2/25
Excellent start.
I like the car talk reference with the lawyers;)
WhiteElfElder chapter 9 . 1/8
The only way the shift of the Cosmic Karma Curse would have been funnier is if it hit someone like Neville. Unfortunately, it hit Ron who does not have the hidden intelligence the Harry has/had to deal with things that came about. This was a very entertaining story.