Reviews for The Poker Game
csmacg chapter 9 . 5/4
So this story is clearly dead but as opposed to everyone else apparently, I loved it. It was utterly ridiculous and had by far the most powerful Harry I've read and still enjoyed. I do wish I got to see him literally decimate Tom in a fraction of a second or even venture to bring Sirius back. But I did love the writing. I wish more existed like this.
FledditFliveflind chapter 3 . 4/14
Yes, it's Harry's fault that the staff and Hermione are brain dead. Fuck you, stupid bitch.
fvdv123 chapter 9 . 3/22
I still like this story. I wish there were two chapters more, one with him offing Voldemort and one with him popping the sherries.
frankiebayer2002 chapter 4 . 1/19
Hahahahaha this is going to be fun
Plot Holes chapter 9 . 1/19
Necromancy is the magic of the dead. Claudia never existed before Harry made her, so she is little more than an extremely high level, purely magical golem. Necromancers are also universally viewed as evil, so if this last message was true, Harry would easily reach the top of the 'most dangerous' list of ALL Dark Magic users, making him an international fugitive with an absurdly high bounty on his head. At the very least, Dumbledore would have no choice but to expel Harry from Hogwarts, lest he also be branded a criminal for harboring a dangerous fugitive.

Snape isn't teaching potions at this point in time, he finally got the DADA position he always wanted. Slughorn is the potion professor right now. It is like you just hodgepodge all your favorite little bits from all over canon to suit your story.

Claudia is tied to the Ley Lines and Magic itself, restricting her to Hogwarts and the Chamber is just a pitiful cop out. With 'limitless magic' at her disposal, making herself corporeal should be as simple as blinking. After all, Diary Riddle almost pulled it off when he was draining an eleven year old witch with finite reserves of magic, someone with access to far more magic would have no trouble at all.

The potion classroom is IN the dungeons, so of course the kids in the dungeons would hear her. That was, by far, the dumbest part of this whole story and shows your fundamental lack of knowledge of the series. Congrats, you can call yourself a Dunderhead.

I feel sorry for Neville. He just lost his canon wife to Harry. And when did you kill off Arthur Weasley? You really are one cruel person, aren't you?

Su Li is NOT from ANY British Noble House, so that plot point is just stupid. Should have thrown Brocklehurst at Ron instead. It is almost like you are completely ignorant of what a British name sounds like.
Plot Holes chapter 8 . 1/19
First off, Lucius would go to jail again after casting the Imperius Curse. The Ministry never shut the Unforgivable's taboos down, so the minute the Aurors got wind of his using one, they'd be on him like white on rice. And with all his favors called in, he would never get out again.

Two, Lucius had been 'dismissed' from his position on the Board of Governors before fourth year, at the latest, so there is no position to steal. As for advisor to the Ministry, it never existed, he just bribed- ahem, DONATED to Fudge's personal accon- reelection campaign so that the Minister would follow his wil- advice. To be frank, Lucius doesn't even have a job, he just rests on his family fortune and possibly dividends from clever investments, or skims the Black Accounts. Either way, he's a loser who thought he was someone special. Even Dung is more respectable, because while it may be illegal, at least he did something for a living other than breathing. The only thing left for Harry to take is his money, possibly his wife as well. (Harry can legally annul the marriage, then cast Narcissa out of the Black family, utterly destroying her)

Third, it is already well established that 'Voldemort' is an alias, a title at best, NOT A NAME! His name is Tom Marvolo Riddle, no amount of him using a fake name will change that fact.

One thing that pisses me off about the bullshit sequel to the whole series was the creators forgetting that there was no way to hide Bellatrix's daughter. The Black family tapestry would have updated the moment she was born and she'd have been known. You could hide her under a billion wards as powerful as Hogwarts' wards, but unless Bellatrix disowned her own daughter the moment she was born, SHE WOULD BE KNOWN!
Some Guy chapter 6 . 1/18
'Tonks looked at the item in question as if it was vile and disgusting.'

So, she looked at the salt shaker like it was Draco? I would say a naked Draco, but a clothed one is vile and disgusting enough.
Reader chapter 3 . 1/17
At this point in time, there are only two Weasleys at Hogwarts: Ron and Ginny. Percy graduated in year 2, the twins left during year five, Bill and Charlie were long since graduated.
Some Guy chapter 3 . 1/17
Ah, the good old ass pull.

The Ass Pull, good for making things happen, like a piece of paper happening to land on a girl's book so she can accidentally enslave herself, or allowing a character who wasn't supposed to be super important (but more or less took over the story and made the main character into a two trick pony) to pull off a bunch of energy intensive and time consuming things in order to survive an explosion that was more or less point blank.
CHR15 chapter 3 . 12/18/2020
This is the dumbest shit ever lmao. I love it
AllesHaenchen chapter 9 . 11/14/2020
You know: I'd really like an update too, so if you'd be so nice as to coming back to the story and writing again it would be very appreciated. I mean you don't have to and I understand if you think this story has a good and, but I like the story. So pretty please?
noylj chapter 5 . 10/11/2020
Sex should occurring very soon
frankiebayer2002 chapter 9 . 9/30/2020
Plz update soon
Reader chapter 7 . 9/11/2020
There is the usual Dumbledore logic there. Three quarters of Slytherin are well adjusted people, one quarter are Death Nibblers. Let's stick the smaller group in the expansive dorms that normally house all of them and displace the majority!

Seriously, why didn't anyone else stand up and inform Dumbledore of his latest screw up?
Logic Core chapter 5 . 9/10/2020
Harry failed his History (of goblin rebellions) OWL, with a literal Troll grade, so he wouldn't be able to take it at NEWT level.

There are dozens of places where your logic is outright wrong according to canon. If you come back, put a 'Slight AU' tag on the description.