Reviews for To Victor goes the spoils
Steffi Hoffman chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This was so awesome! I know that I have read a good one-shot when I have a lot of comments and questions afterwards, and this definitely fit the bill!

So, Dean's deal came due in a cell? He gave himself up as his one year came to a close and died in a cell? What an interesting take on the deal! This is so cool!

The question I have to ask, though, is why. Why did he just give himself up? Why throw that bone to Henrickson? It's not like he owes the guy anything, right? (I say this having only watched through season 2 and knowing about major spoilers for all the other seasons, but not anything regarding Henrickson.)

And where is Sam? Is he dead? Is that why Dean has the hole in his chest? I can't imagine Sam not being with Dean in his final moments. Unless that was the whole point of turning himself in and getting himself locked in a cell? But then why the reaction when Henrickson asks about Sam? I'm going with the dead theory...

I love how you did the flashbacks to when Henrickson got the case. It was interesting to see how something that eventually became an obsession for him came into existance. I also loved the whole "trying to sell him to the press" angle- coming up with a good name, finding a gruesome picture.

This fic has me obsessing and thinking long after I have finished reading it. Thanks so much for writing! It was such a pleasure to read!
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Wow I like. I never really liked Henrickson on the show, but you write him really well.

"Do not lend him any paperclips" made me laugh.
vballmania23 chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
I just love stories about Henrickson or some sort of police force trying to capture the brothers! The flashbacks are awesome, and I love this line.. "he was some half-cat super-freak..." I don't know if you did it on purpose, but to me it sounds like a Dark Angel reference to Jensen Ackles's character on that show. I thought putting it in this story was great!
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Wonderful, creative story here. I really liked the style in this - Hendricksen musing to himself how he was going to take advantage of the spotlight surrounding the "capture" of one of the FBI's most wanted. Then at the end, showing the details of how he came to get the case.

I'm sure that Dean turned himself in only to screw with Hendricksen's head - knowing that the deal's time was up and perhaps with him dead in custody, they wouldn't be looking for Sam. What's really sad is that Hendricksen thinks that Dean "got away" somehow and is determined to get him again. This case has sent him over the edge. Knowing what he now knows, I bet the answer to: "So, Vic, you want this case?" would be NO!

Great story - thanks for sharing this with us. Until next time...
irnan chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
And of course the last thing Dean would do in this life is make sure Sam isn't hunted by the FBI anymore.

I think I might hate you for making me like Hendrickson, though. ;)
PADavis chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Delighted to see a new post from you. Been a while since Dean hummed Its a Small World. I admit I had a little trouble tracking the time changes first time I read this. Having watched Jus in Bello and feeling a nostaligic for our fav FBI guy, and having saved it for a reread, I tried again and glad I did. Hope to see more from you soon. Phoebe
Pikouaencore chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Great story ! Completely enjoyed it, and how Hendricksen goes crazy at the end. Still very very sad that Dean goes to hell and Sam can't save him. That's hearth wrenching. But I still love the story !
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
Supernaturals chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Very nice piece of work. You had Henricksen down pat. Only just skimmed read the piece but will have a longer look sometime later this week. You should consider writing a multi-chapter with this guy since you do him so well. Maybe after this One-Shot? Just throwing out some ideas, if you're considering...
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Great job on this one!
KrystalB2003 chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Very nicely written! I actually find the humans who go after the Winchester brothers (a la Henriksen or Gordon) to be even more interesting than the supernatural beings they come across. There's something very ironic in the fact that all these people who go after Sam and Dean seem to think they'd be doing something good for humanity by eliminating them.

This story is very well crafted and in character. I loved it all the way through, even with the dark overtones (or perhaps partially because of them?)! The way you brought the story in a full circle by starting and ending with his introduction to the Winchester case was very cool. Great job!
HAP chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Oh man, OUCH. If it actually went like that I'd be so pissed, although I could see Dean doing that just to get the FBI off Sam's back once and for all. I just really hope that Jensen's contract is nice and secure cos I don't want Dean to die! This was a great fic, I loved the tone of it - so bittersweet for Hendrickson and so sad for Dean...
cozmikfaerie chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
great writing!
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
I like this.

His deal came due, right?
SupernaturalGal6 chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Oh, I liked that...it was really good!