Reviews for The Draugr
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
I absolutely love the Leandros series and you did an amazing job of capturing the characters and the dynamics between Cal and Niko. They are so much like Sam and Dean, aren't they?
Inkbug chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
This is an excellent fic! I really enjoyed reading every moment of it. The writing style was right on par with Rob Thurman's, and you've done an EXCELLENT job capturing the bond between the two brothers.

I'm already looking forward to reading the rest of your "Cal Leandros" stuff!
mirenne chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
When I read your story, I felt like I was reading an extra chapter between RT's books. The quality of you're writing and the feel of the characters was exactly spot on. You captured Cal's voice- the snark, the reactions, and the simple narrative moments. The critters were fully (and stinkily)fleshed, and the interactions between the brothers were perfect. Honestly, I felt as if I were reading a deleted scene from the series. Great job!

Favorite snarky comments: "Nik's OCD must have been giving him palpitations." & “You keep hitting your head like this and I’m going to have to re-teach you everything I ever taught you.”
charming2drew chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Damn, this was good! You really have an excellent way with words! And I saw that you did know Rob was woman! I was so excited! :)

You did good!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
I think I like these guys. I KNOW I like brother stuff and guess I'm gonna have to go searching out these books. You've really got my interest piqued.

Loved this!
Johnny-on-the-spot chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
I love the Rob Thurman's books... and thank you for writing such good fics.
PsychoWing chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Yay! I am so giddy over finding this! I really love it and the way you characterized the guys was great. You caught Cal's tone wonderfully.
jenilee chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Oh wow girl! I'm impressed. I'm still reading the last book and it was so easy to switch into your story, you nailed her style. Awesome job.

Great story too. I love the rooftop fight and Cal's thoughts about the coffee table had me laughing. Oh and Love Niko totally ignoring the mess in the apartment to fetch the first aid kit. There's just too many wonderfully snarky thoughts to list them all but holy you got Cal down pat. I can see how it would take you a few hours to lose the
Von chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
I've just finished Nightlife and was happy to find some fanfiction on it!

And yours isn't just any.. it's great! :D

I rabidly hope you write more soon!
myselfonly chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
I luvs you, I really do. WRITE MORE!
Cupido chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Wow, ames, you totally have these characters down so well! Especially Cal, who manages to be funny even in death situations! Great job on this!
Annna92 chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
Wow, this fic was just GREAT! I loved it, and it's going strait to my favourites!

The characterizations were perfect, and i just loved the storyline.

I really hope you'll write more fics about Cal and Nic soon, because this was just awsome!
Rachelly chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Wow! Just WoW! What an awesome fic! You have nailed Rob THurman's style and characterizations perfectly and written a fantastic story of your own. Wow! I loved the story line...Cal alone on the roof top fighting for his life, Niko appearing..struggling a bit, but in the end rescuing his limp little brother. And then later in the hallway...a second attack! The plot line was so interesting and I loved the mix of emotions for Niko...sad he had to kill the creature over a misunderstanding, yet willing to do whatever it took to save Cal. I loved the limpness in this...Cal, hurt and struggling, and Niko there at his side giving him the dignity to stand on his own when he could manage it andsupport him when he couldn't. The imagery was incredible...very well done and Cal...My gosh, the way you wrote his thoughts, feelings, expressions, were perfect. I'd quote my favorite lines but I'd be quoting the whole story...Loved his reference to NIko as the terminator, how NIko casually explained the dead creature in the stairway as "being in the way" and so much more. Loved Cal's expressions too. Awesome job! Great read and I hope you'll be writing again soon! Thanks for sharing your talents with us!
DreamShadows chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Wow that was awesome! I swear are you Rob Thurman in disguise! I've never seen better characterizations than this! You were dead on, and this line:

Nik always said I was an arrogant bastard but hey, self-confidence - feigned or otherwise - had kept my ass alive all these years – well, that and having a Terminator for a big brother.

Had me in fits!

This fic was amazing and shall be added to favorites as soon as I get finished praising your talents!

Your imagery was really good, had me seeing the seen through Cal's eyes, and almost feeling the pain... (I broken my arm just like that before, and your discription gave me shudders!)

The feelings, or in some cases lack there of were dead on, right down to Niko's rise to Cal's baiting... And I could almost smell the rotting flesch...

-gasps in a deep breath-

Okay, with that said, I hope you take the time to write more Thurman fic soon.

Take care,

Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
This was an AWESOME oneshot! I absolutely loved every second of reading it. I truly enjoy some good hurt!Cal and protective!Niko. Fantastic job!