Reviews for Like Saccharin for Sugar
SleepingSeeker chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Omg! This was AMAZING! i love how you kept it all obscure and just lovely descriptions! Wow! I couldn't believe when she called out for Leo and it wasn't him! You so got me! Loved this, wish for more, expand, perhaps?
Reluctant Dragon chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Freaking genius!

This fic was incredibly surpising- you started out the way so many, many other fics started, but the moment i read "He winces at the sound of his brother's name." I was like, HOLY SHIT DUDE YOU TOTALLY DID NOT JUST DO THAT!

It's been a long while since i've gotten surprised by a fic, and yours was perfectly done. Just enough of a formula to hook the reader in, and then the last minute about-face- just fantastic. I loved the bittersweet that made up Donatello and Karai's(i assume that's her here) frustrated and thoroughly unexpected relationship. That's really what made it so surprising- i never would have thought to put them in this kind of a situation, and yet it makes so much SENSE!

Also, as i'm a sucker for a kidney-punch of a last line, i loved yours!

kept me guessing, and at the end when i finally figured out what you were up to
Sewer Slider chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
*prods review button* Ah, now I can log in!

I guessed who the lady in question was right away, a little less sure of the turtle until later in the fic - although I suspected Don. I just knew for sure it wasn't Leo!

I especially like the initial light-heartedness that Don goes to the meeting with and how it drains away as he gets there, almost taking his mind off the deed by treating it as a sarcastic joke (oh how I recognise that type of behaviour!)

And now my mind is whirring with the possibilities of how exactly the two ever dared to act on this and the reasons they can't be 'with the one they love'. I really liked this story get the feeling I'm gonna be brooding on it for the rest of the evening.

Only one thing that I noticed: in the van he pockets the keys - and then shows up at the window with nothing that could contain pockets. Silly minor thing, I probably missed something.

*adds to favourites and C2*
Winnychan chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Man DB, I know you didn't mean it that way when you wrote it, but getting a new fic from you on February 18th - and one like THIS - well, let's just say I still consider it one of the better birthday presents I received this year. *beams*

Yeah, basically ditto to what Greenwillow and Dierdre said. Really dark and intriguing. I have to confess, it would have been a tossup for me between Mike and Don... Actually I might have leaned towards guessing Don only because I knew YOU were writing it. Man, you really do test out pairings and hook up Don with just about every canon girl conceivable, don't you? :D One of these days I'm gonna have to rope you into writing me an awesome Donatello x Jhanna fic. *wicked grin* I don't think I've seen Don x Quarry before, either... (I think that was her name anyway. Who I mean is, that chick from the "Underground", that city the TMNT help liberate from some tall creepy robed guy in the first season of New Toon).

Gah, but I digress! Awesome job as usual Donny's Boy. I'm so glad you're back from the hiatus and we're seeing new work from you again. I can't get enough of your stories. So much variety and innovation!

Dierdre chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Twisted, dark, bittersweet and very, very well written. In other words: perfection.
a-big-apple chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
O. ! I love that I knew what was happening before it was clear, but I wasn't entirely certain-and then when I was, I wasn't disappointed that I'd figured it out. It's so hard to write without giving away the characters' identities, but you've done it splendidly here-and somehow, you've made this hugely unlikely couple seem totally believable to me. Well done!
GreenWillow chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Oh, how sweet and painful...I knew who it was; I was sure about him anyway, her a little less 'til the outcry.

Now I'm thinking of Kirby's last words to Don, "Life at best is bittersweet."

Ow ow ow.

Very well done.

I got to review first? Thank Greshunkai for pointing me here!
EbbieBlack chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
I love it. So totally not what I expected for the pairing. Don't see a lot of Karai/Don but this works. It's so sad they are using each other in place of someone else
princessebee chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
I picked this was a Donatello/Karai off the bat... what I didn't know was WHY.

So the ending was very gratifying, in a painful sort of way. Poignant and bittersweet and also a bit of a head-screw. It's intriguing to think of how this actually came about between them.

Excellently written, as always.