Reviews for Before I Wake
DementoFantasy chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
This was beautiful, truly beautiful a perfect description of what Fiona must feel, just perfect, flawless, thank you! I usually write longer reviews, but there's not much to point out since it's perfect, just what the previous reviewer said it's scary because it doesn't have to be Fiona, it can be a girl and her dog hiding, it can be anyone.
The Extreme Piercing chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
It took me a second read-through to figure out what exactly it is that makes this fic so creepy and scary. The fact is, there is no context to this story WHATSOEVER. Sure, everyone who played Haunting Ground knows who Daniella, Fiona and Hewie are, and what their stories are. But none of that matters in this fic. A terrified girl and dog hide in a closet from a batshit insane maid. That's all there is to it. No Debilitas, nothing about Fiona's parents, just this utterly senseless, meaningless scenario. Just like a nightmare. And often in a nightmare, we don't get a conclusion, or resolution. It just...stops.
I no longer write- sorry chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Oh wow, I was just bored and looking for

something to read and I've never been

able to find a good Haunting Ground fanfic,

but this was great! Short & sweet, reading

this made me think of the game, the

writing reflects the game so well.

Ohh, I'm rambling, sorry. :S haha.

Anyway, great job! Loved it. xx
Hair-Noodles chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
X.X I didn't read back when you posted 'cause I didn't know the game...however, I just got it this afternoon and have played it for a couple hours, therefore I decided to come back and investigate this fic.

And, though I haven't gotten past Debiletas, I think you completely caught the feeling of the game. It creeps me out like nothing else O.O Nothing is creepier than thinking the guy has gone away and coming out of your hiding place only to have them poof back from nowher!

I thought I'd be able to do this game, since I got Rule of Rose and have done decently so far...But Haunting Grounds is on an entirely different level... it's just shivery creepy and hard lol

Anyway, like I said you really got the anxious/tense feeling down. Completely kept the mini adrenaline rush I got from just playing the game running longer than it ought to!
CrystalGlacier chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
I loved it! You capture Fiona's feelings so well _ It was almost like being there.
Angel of The Fallen Stars chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Oh my god! Oh my fucking god! I'm not even at that part yet, I'm still being chased by that horrible disfigured creepy dude that I have forgotten his name at the moment. I just finished the part when I get the phone call, and the next thing I have to do is go back to that room, but that creepy dude is right where I need to go, so I'm too freaked out to play some more. But I totally understand the fucked up, creepy factor of the game, and you totally nailed it. This freaked me out so fucking much that I can't stop swearing, that's how bad I'm shaken up. But, that rocked, absolutely rocked. I got chills, bone freezing chills. It made my heart pound like mad, my blood was really flowing during the whole thing. Got to say, for a non Kingdom Hearts fic, that was awesome!

(Also, I'm sorry I haven't reviewed for the last chapter of Waiting, but I actually haven't read it yet. I sorta forgot what happened, so I need to re-read most of it, and I don't have the time at the moment, so I'm not going to read it for a while. Sorry again.)
Depopulating chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
OMG I HATED when Daniella did that in the game. She would come out of NO WHERE.

You wrote this so perfectly. The suspense was enough to kill me XD ahahhahaha

Awesome

-DM
OnlySnakesCanLove chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
Fantastic work in suspense! Would love to see more HG works from you. ;)
darkmouse jumu chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
wow. Though I've never heard of the game, I really enjoyed this. :D I like Hewie too; he reminds me of the dog in "rule of rose." Fiona seems so desperate, almost at the frayed end of reason, hiding not only herself but her face and eyes in the wall. I really feel for her, and though I've never met the maid, I'm fairly certain I don't want to. *shudder* You've got such a deft hand for details, I'm a little jealous. Good work! :D
Kaiena chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Very cool. I love that game because it's one of the few things that get me scared. lol. But Daniella is my favorite out of all of them, and this is really good. I wouldn't mind seeing more, really. _
Higashikaze chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
I've never played the game, though I've seen clips that have made me interested in it. This fic is really well written, and though I don't know the story, I did like it.
ebil-kitty chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Hahaha, well it was a bit of surprise to see a Haunting Ground fic, but after reading it I would say that it was worth the risk. I love Haunting Ground too as its the first game and most likely the ONLY survival-horror game I'll ever play since I'm such a wuss XP

I've yet to complete it though since I got sidetracked by Odin Sphere so I already forgot where I'm at, meaning that I'm gonna have to play the darn game all over again X(

You've beautifully described every emotion in perfect detail that as a player, one would understand just how the Fiona feels. I would panic just as easily when Fiona goes into panic mode and it drives me nuts when I can't find a place to hide or shake off the residents within the castle.

I'm nearly finished with Odin Sphere and when I do I'm gonna be busy gathering enough courage to pick Haunting Ground up and go through the game again. *sighs heavily* Oh, well. At least having Hewie around gives me some reassurance *huggles* X3