Reviews for One Gorram Reason
RJ Steamboat chapter 3 . 8/7/2009
this was a really good story. )
Stormbringer951 chapter 3 . 7/27/2009
A very well-written Rayne story. It doesn't play on the generic themes of those stories, which is one of the reasons it does so well. I like it, even if it was a bit short. I'd be interested to read a longer Rayne story from you.

Fall
Alexander Derpington chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
Well, I suppose Rayne is funny as hell, if nothing else. I want to see how this progresses!
Fenrir666 chapter 3 . 4/17/2009
An interesting concept, and one I found so unusual that I scrolled over it. And then I thought, "It's Peptuck, who, on a bad day, is still better than most by far." So, I scrolled back and read it. And I'm glad that I did. You did very well, the emotions seemed real and the characters true. And I'm glad that you didn't put fluffy romance, which would have made it much harder to suspend disbelief. Anyways, I hope to see more Firefly work from you, as you seem to be the only one worth a damn writing this genre.

Au Revoir!
DSDragon chapter 3 . 7/21/2008
I've actually been wondering why there weren't more stories like this. Not necessarily the comfort instead of romance part, but the fact that this story actually outlines how much Jayne really DID change throughout the course of the series/movie. A lot of people don't seem to get that, especially a bunch of people at . I don't think he's changed as drastically as you've portrayed it here, but he IS on the way to something like it, at least. *sigh* If only there were more canon.
Phoenixfire979 chapter 3 . 6/13/2008
This is such a great story! I love the tenderness between Rayne in this one
Eliche chapter 3 . 6/4/2008
Very nice! :D
BlueFireDragon17 chapter 3 . 5/10/2008
Oh so beautifully written. This story is incredible. The emotions it invokes are so beautiful. Seeing Jayne in this light is different, but still amazing. Please keep writing more fics like this!
IzzyTheFinalFanatic chapter 3 . 3/10/2008
I officially love your writing, and not just because you wrote a NOVELIZATION of FF8. You also write GOOD Firefly fanfics? Oh honey, if I wasn't engaged you'd have a stalker.

This was so incredibly sweet. The way you manage to portray the characters... and how you kept River... River, was fantastic. Don't stop!
Azamiko chapter 3 . 2/24/2008
I liked the way you worked it.
nomad62 chapter 3 . 2/24/2008
Very enjoyable. I think you met your goals in all of the chapters.

The transition of Jayne from seeing himself like the rest of the crew saw him to seeing himself as Book saw him, a person of worth, was very well done.

Thanks for sharing. I too would love to see more of these characters develpment in this way, but then I consider a book under 600 pages too short. I just like the long stuff.
whitelite chapter 3 . 2/22/2008
Aw, that's the end?

I think you pulled it off beautifully. And, even though I'd like to see more of this story, I've gotta say I love the last line. I'm just being greedy.
Deus Ex Sub Ubi chapter 3 . 2/22/2008
Man, I've been reading your work for years, and this is a total escape from your normal status quo. I LIKE IT! Really enjoyed how you had the characters evolve in such a way, as it was necessary for their continued existence. River will be better off this way, Jayne's headed into an interesting direction in his life, and Mal, well, he needs to go back to school for math, or some such.

Looking forward to whatever you decide to write next.
jane0904 chapter 2 . 2/21/2008
This is excellent. I can see this as an episode, by itself, just the two of them, although the sex would be behind a closed door and fading to black for a commercial break! Still, I think you have a very enlightening take on the whole Jayne/River pairing, and I would love to have been able to see/direct this particular storyline on screen.
Ali chapter 2 . 2/20/2008
"I tried to portray Jayne as close to the canonical character as I could while using his sympathetic characteristics to build up to the moment where River reveals her reason. I hope I got it done right!"

You totally nailed it. Well done. Cannot WAIT for another update. Please hurry. This is such a great story.

:)Ali