Reviews for Why?
Michael chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
I'm really touched by this and you have my utmost respect for writing this. The world is a cruel place. Wonderful people are taken from our lives for little more than senseless violence. There's no reason behind it except that life is cruel. It almost makes you want to lose hope in fear that the ugly side of life will hurt even worse. However, stories like these with the reasons behind them can restore that hope. You have my respect, and my thanks.
triviatrap1982 chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
This is a really well-written story. It took a lot of guts to write this in the memory of the NIU victims. I also think you picked one of the best fandoms to get your point across. I hope that this story serves as a healing point for not only the victims of NIU, but also Virginia Tech, and Sandy Hook. Just...thank you for writing this peace.
Blueninja33 chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Well written, thank you.
Lastofakind chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
If anyone would know the pain of loss it would be Sousuke. this was a nice touching fic thats going in my favorites
Lunabellla chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
This made me cry! This story Is going in my favorites. _
GunMetalSnail429 chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Very, very well written. This story is absolutely heartbreaking, but, it manages to at the same time be absolutely beautiful. I've never had to deal with something as horrible as what happened at NIU, and I pray to God I never have to, but you have, and you managed to turn your grief into something constructive. You managed to bring a little light into the darkness that always surrounds events like this. Your decision to use FMP was possibly the most fitting choice I can imagine. This is what a good story should be, in every conceivable meaning of the term. Well done. Well done...
SpencerGilly chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
this story, not only is amazingly written, but is so much better and more emotional because it comes from the pain you feel in your heart, as you try to help your soul recover from this loss. i know how it is, to not really know someone, but then, have them lost, and suddenly feel regret for not getting to know them, and mourn their loss more than you ever thought you could.

my boyfriend (who i love with all my heart and thank god everyday that he is alive) attended school with his little brother. one day, a student pulled a gun in his classroom. he randomly started firing. my boyfriend's little brother was shot. he did not survive. i knew him somewhat, he was kind, smart, and quirky, with a good sense of humor. I remember what he said to me the last time i saw him. he said, "C'mon, we all know that my big old brother here is a bum" he pointed to my boyfriend and wiggled his eyebrows "if this guy doesn't get the nerve to pop the question, you can always come to me." my boyfriend playfully hit him, and i laughed, and told him that was very sweet, and i'd think about it. then, Max (my boyfriend's little brother) leaned over, and said to him, "it's ok, you know i'd never steal your lady love."

the loss of him was a tragedy, and for weeks, i would go over to my boyfriend's house, and we would talk about max. sometimes we cried, and it would always end the same way. we fell asleep together on the couch, and woke up the next morning, and put on strong faces, trying to get through the next day.

the first time my boyfriend told me he loved me, he said, "max was always reminding me how lucky i was to have you. and i knew he was right. so, i just wanted to tell you, i love you more than anything, and i never would have made it through this without you, you were there for me every night, and every morning... and i just... love you." that made me cry.

this story made me cry almost as hard, because it awakened a deep emotion of love, loss, mourning, and hope inside. we all have to stand up and move on, but everytime we lose a loved one, the weight on our shoulders grow a bit heavier. i mourn for all these people, and want to simply ask why as well. i hope they will be forever remembered in the hearts of those who cared for them. i know i will never forget max.
Alexeis chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Hi!Oré wa Alexeis .I just read your pains me too that such violence took innocent lives,and we're not even able to save them.I pray that those people's souls would be at ease,for the families that survived them surely are not alone in their grief.I know it's already nearly a couple of years late,but i send my support and regards to you and the others who have lost a dear friend,brother,sister and lover during that fateful story has touched me yo...Oh,and my friends here wanted to tell you something: please,always stand firm and never let their light fade away from your né...

Your friend from the Philippines,

Alexeis G. delas Alas
funkmasterjo chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
Deep. upsetting.

Meaningful
lhaine07 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
i know this would be so late but i wants to say condolence to the frined that you lost. i would say that you conveyed a great deal of how great your friend is in this story.
LadyMisaga chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
This is moving, truly, it moved me down to my very heart and soul and was wonderfully written. Even though you may not have known Ryanne, I am sure you still felt the pain of loosing her. May her soul rest in peace as well as all those whose lives are taken before their time. May all those who were left behind in the loss of loved ones and treasured friends become strong enough to overcome their loss. But as anyone who has lost a loved one or has lived through a tragic event, no one shall ever forget and for everyone else, let no one forget the lives lost either.

Personally experiencing something horrifying and tragic, as well as violent is something that will stay with you forever. I nearly lost the closest person to me in my life, my brother. My brother and I have been through very hard times together and back then we were all we had. Growing up in a distraught home with only my mother who wasn't ideal and often made it hard for us to believe we were worth anything or more than a burden to her made us strong. I raised my brother as a result of our home life. So my love and devotion for him runs deeper than my being his elder sister. I am the only mom he has known, he has told me as such and would say it to anyone else. Not only was he my younger brother, my son, but he was my best friend. We understood one another and confided in each other through the hardest times of our lives. Four days after Christmas this past december, twelve days after I turned nineteen, my entire world changed . . . My brother, stepbrother, my brother's best friend and his best friend's girlfriend were walking home from the park two miles from our house. At home, I had just spoken to my brother, he was calling me to let me know he was heading home. I would have gone to pick him up, but he said he wanted to walk. Then, not twenty minutes later I felt like someone had stabbed me in the heart, that is how close my brother and I are. I looked at my clock it 6:03 p.m. I ran from my room to encounter my stepmom in the kitchen on the phone, her face sheet white and clutching the house phone in her hand so tightly her knuckles were white. She said nothing to me as she walked out of the kitchen and through the backdoor. I stood there until I heard my dad knocking on my bedroom window by the backdoor. Then when I stood before he said my brother was hit by a car. The pain in my heart magnified and grew to consume me in my soul. He wouldn't answer me when I asked if he was okay. Time went on and I was to the point where I felt numb, then the phone I never remember picking up rang. My stepmom called and told me that he was being lifeflighted. It was automatic for me to think that he was close to dying if he was being lifeflighted. That night lasted forever, a night I will never forget, a day that started as a typical day became a marking stone in our lives. I nearly lost my brother, my son, my best friend, someone I have lived my life for for as long as I can remember. I have been through so much as he has as well, but no one can ever imagine something like that happening to them. He made it through, but all of us still have a long road ahead of us, especially him. He suffered a massive head trauma and though he remembers who all of us are, he still doens't remember most of the hardships we went through together. It is like he lost who he was and I know it has to be ecrutiating for him, deep down. Even though he doens't remember his childhood, he has me to turn to and I try to tell him only the good parts, in some cases it's best he doesn't remember all the bad. I will tell him everything in time when he can better handle it. He is still my brother, stil my best friend, and still my son, I raised him and love him with everything I am, always have and that will never, ever change. My brother was lucky to live, the doctors said that it was a miracle he had survived and that he was recovering so fast physically. Even though it will be a while before he is himself again, I am so very happy he is alive. If he had died that night, there would have been no way for me to recover, as I said, he is my life, I have lived to take care of him and be there for him. It was only recently before that I had started to become somewhat close to any of my family members besides my aunt and grandfather, but both of them have also passed away. It shattered all of us and as we pick up the pieces I will do everything I can to help him pick up the pieces and find the ones he has lost. Something so sudden and so close to becoming tragic awakened all of us, we appreciate so much more, I always wish that we could have found this appreciation without it nearly costing my brother his life. But we can only move on and always remember that life is precious and fragile. My experience may not be the same as the tragedies across the world, but I will never forget them either. I will always remember 9/11, and the shootings that have taken lives across the nation. But when something effects you personally, it leaves a different sense of reminding you.

Thank you for writing such a moving story, and thanks for reading my reply. Bless you and everyone around the world, may we all learn to cherish our lives and pray that more lives will not be lost. For those lives who are lost, may we never forget them and keep them in our hearts always.
Grey Wolf4 chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
This is a great fic and also a very, very sad one but it fits so well. And the title is so fitting because its the question we all ask when these kind of things happen such senseless acts of violence and murder.

It was one question asked in my country in 1996 where a gunman entered Dunblane primary school and opened fire on a class comprised of 5-6 year olds. 16 children and a teacher were killed and 12 children and 2 teachers were wounded.

And I also heard a lot about the Columbine high school massacre in 19 and I even watched a documentary on it.

I only know about the NIU shootings from what I watched on TV and I was taken aback by your own personal involvement in the tragedy. Whenever I hear about such tragidies I always feel sympathy for the families and friends of the victims.

As for this fic it was so heartfelt and meaningful and a very touching portrayal of the characters. I was saddened at the death of Kyoko and you've portrayed Kaname's emotions very well the greif she felt over the senseless murder of her best friend.

Sousuke well he was no stranger to greif and loss he lost comrades and friends. Sousuke's words near the end of the fic summarise everything all too well.
Mertiya chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
It's an extremely good story and everything it says is entirely true. I admire the way you stayed within the canon while writing something as heartfelt and as meaningful as this. Kaname, Sousuke and Kyouko are all very much in character, and I like the little touch of humor near the beginning...I think it captures the spirit of both Full Metal Panic and of what you were trying to say. Thanks for sharing this with me.

-Alenida
Thespi chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
Wow... Wonderful use of the characters to try and make sense of senseless acts of violence. I believe you have captured both aspects of what you wanted to do from the characters of FMP and the reality and remembering of a real, live person who left behind a legacy she probably never realized. (those kinds of people seem to be clueless when it comes to how much positive energy and all they project, which makes them even more loved...)

Thank you for your time and energy in producing this work.
Sarahfreak chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
This was so sad and you did an awesome job. It was also good to see Sousuke give such a good answer. Loved it!