Reviews for Salvation
Kantarera chapter 4 . 12/9/2013
Best Silver Pair story I have ever read, and with the super adorable roles played by the Golden Pair (my #2 fave pairing in the series). While the Golden Pair are an old married couple whose love is stong, the Silver Pair is like a young couple in the heat of summer, full of passion, and the Dirty Pair well, need I say more? Those 2 are a bad influence on my sweet, innocent Silver, but of course they're really cool too. This story is honestly amazing as it covers my awesome pairings and stuff about God as well, very well written. My hats off (well, caps off if I'm to channel my inner Shishido) to you, I really enjoyed reading this.
OROgoldenpair1 chapter 4 . 11/26/2010
He threw bibles at him... hilarious. i think the "Dirty pair" is too much. i mean, how people write about them, when in fact its nothing of the sort. overrated might be the word?
OROgoldenpair1 chapter 3 . 11/26/2010
That's a big decision to ditch christianity. but i think choutarou was taught wrong. how can God say "You all are my children, and i love you, so i dont care if men go with men or women go with women!" when its clear he doesn't approve of that in the bible and completely destroys a city full of homosexuals. Its seriously evident. BTW, christians are the way they are based on things said in the Bible. if it wasn't everyone will have their own opinion of sin and answer differently too. everything we say isn't just based on morals and such- it's what we read and see and hear from God.
OROgoldenpair1 chapter 2 . 11/26/2010
all shishido did was trick him. And i especially like choutarou as a character, and i hate that he's disrespected like that. All I know is that either you take one road or the other. there is no compromise. A promising future, or a life leading no where and sin which goes into hell fire.
OROgoldenpair1 chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
So i'm guessing that you're really gonna get choutaro to screw his religion. This is really insulting. I mean, what Shishido is trying to do. I read this for the sake of seeing what was to happen next, and I'm shocked. You do realize that to christians religion is very important? There are many tempers out there who will try in any way to get you to change for the bad. I just... im in awe. I'm thinking how dare he go and plan with others to change the poor boy's views! If it's God that he wants, then he should serve God as he pleases! He shouldn't be forced to succumb to such things like this because of some petty love by another guy. I can't stand how people abuse the silver pair's relationship like this. They take a poor boy, who only loves his sempai like a brother, and the two have a good strong relationship. People abuse it and turn it into something else! I mean, Choutarou's only an honest too-nice guy who cares about people, Christian or not. People already know that. I don't think it's fair to his character at all.
HLITH chapter 4 . 8/26/2010
I really like this story. Is it done yet? Is there a sequel? Great plot!

Thanks
avalokannon chapter 4 . 12/28/2009
In the end this story felt slightly disjointed. This is a very controversial and agitating subject, yet you handled it very "professionally". Strife and drama wouldn't hurt. And that sap and romance. Though in one of the chapter there was this line I absolutely adored:"that it really was warm and comforting. Just like God had been..." (about Shishido's jacket).

The moral of the story is that you shouldn't be mean to people with religious views different from your own? So you choose as the antagonist the meekest (until recent years) religious view, atheism, and not another religion? Well, I suppose considering the country and "New Atheism", it could be appropriate. The principle of not judging people by their religious beliefs is at least superficially sound one, excluding extremists like K or Aztec religions (then again, there are fundamentalists in every religion, or discipline with the difference that only religious fundamentalist can know with absolute certainty that they are right). The controversy arises from the question of whether a religious person may be assumed to support the actions of their religious representatives. If so, I think there is reason to be condescending towards Catholics, for example; supporting organized suppression of child-rape, spiriting away clergy that have had illegitimate relations and do not want to take care of their children, claiming condoms spread AIDS and abetting numerous deaths in countries grappling with it, the Tutsi massacre, and the church's actions during the second world war. A variety of other Christian organizations (eg., Jehovah's Witnesses) also have (organized) sex-related cover-ups and other shady business going on. Are they extremists? Catholics, probably no, Jehovah's Witnesses slightly, but not exceedingly, yet I cannot respect their organizations, or the believers (on religious matters) if they support it. I'm not sure if it's better or worse if the believers are ignorant of the faults...

Respecting another person's religious views is a completely different matter. If it were a norm that religious views couldn't be criticized (as it has been for long), any loon could seek refuge in religion for their fantastic illusions. And many still do. It is frankly alarming how much nonsense that is incredible in all but religious contexts one can believe.

In the end you managed to present a variety of views on religion and something of the conflict between persons of different religious views (although all too often it's between different religions; you'd think there was an atheist side in the Kitzmiller case, too, but no, it Christians against each other...). Personally I think there was too little conflict for a devout Choutarou. The end was a bit surprising: why should they find a faith that they can both believe in? Like finding a common hobby? Why not join Amnesty, the local gay support group or Greenpeace? That should give them something to do, and I hear it can be immensely satisfying.
avalokannon chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
This is such a controversial topic that it's always fun to read. And Shishido's rational approach to his feelings ("After continuing to consider the matter, he concluded that the feeling was mutual.") is quite hilarious in its dryness. Though one has to wonder why you gave Choutarou one of the most insidious varieties of Christianity...

"I don’t think that’s what God wants for me." Listen to me, believers worldwide! I bring a message of great joy: it has been scientifically proven that God wants the same things you do.

Hmm... Shishido should just admit he's the devil and then use his devilish ways to completely ensnare Ootori. With luck, Choutarou may even have a fetish for devils.

"they did change their position from creationism to ‘intelligent design’" Do you know about "cdesign proponentsists", "the missing link between creationism and intelligent design"? It was in one of the textbooks on intelligent design, "Of Pandas and People". It just seems that there was a search-and-replace error and "creationists" wasn't properly replaced with "design proponents". Apparently, these kind of cosmetic measures were the only kind done to the textbook, so creationism isn't that different from intelligent design (this is by no means the proof of them being different names for the same thing, but it is the most famous; the matter was settled in the Kitzmiller trial). Why mention this? Well, assuming you knew this, then Oishi makes a hell of joke; if you didn't your example wasn't very good. Catholic church abolishing limbo or pardoning Galileo Galilei (well, even if it happened a few centuries after his death) would be better. (That, by the way, doesn't change the fact that the Catholic church is a child-rape suppressing, HIV-spreading, lying, violence-supporting organization. Judging by its actions.) One could also point out that there are other more accepting varieties of Christianity, so if Choutarou finds his lacking, he might consider trying another one.

And seriously, anyone adhering to every word of the Bible would probably be in jail or asylum; there are some very outdated practices there.

Thank you for the daily dose of controversy!
Miss Sammi Potter chapter 4 . 7/12/2009
awuh! xD cute story. i loved how you had everything play out. good work
M3lanch0ly chapter 4 . 6/2/2009
I like how this story ended off nicely, with a little humor added in the ending.. And of course, the little hints here and there. XD (Is a fangirl of Platinum and Tango)
M3lanch0ly chapter 3 . 6/2/2009
For a moment there, I thought Hiyo-Piyo was the baddie. You had me right there, it scared the living daylights out of me. You certainly don't know how I adore Hiyo-Piyo. (And SanaAto... )
Hikarino Aki chapter 4 . 4/17/2009
I liked the story, it's really good _

But why was Jirou not good enough for Atobe? T.T *nevermind, just a cry from the heart*
bjont chapter 4 . 7/12/2008
I just sort of realized that I might not have ever reviewed anything you've ever written so I decided that now was a good time, because I was exhausted and didn't feel like doing anything but lying around and reading.

Anyway, wow. This story. First of all, I have to say that I sided with Shishido throughout most of it. I mean, I agree with Ootori, that everyone should respect everyone else's beliefs and such, but as an atheist I couldn't help but agree with some of Shishido's points. Jiroh's "Middle Path" didn't really suit me, either, I suppose. The idea that my life has a certain purpose that has already been decided just doesn't really sit well with me. Not that this was exactly Jiroh's belief. But religion in general, at least, in my opinion, tends to create a reason for living because so many people take comfort in the idea that they are here because they have a purpose on this earth. I, however, find less comfort in this idea and far more in the idea of creating a purpose for myself. I want my life to be mine completely, and therefore I should decide how and why I want to live it. I don't really mind if the people around me choose to believe that someone else has determined their purpose for them, as long as they don't try to shove this idea in my face. One of my best friends is Catholic and has told me multiple times I've got a one way ticket to hell. I don't care if the whole world thinks that, as long as they keep it to themselves.

As for the Silver Pair part. Your characterization of both of them was unique and quite intriguing. You gave Ootori an actual personality, as opposed to him being the usual ball of fluffy pleases and thank yous people tend to write him as. Shishido was somewhat softer, almost like he and Ootori had swapped some of their little Personality Legos. He was still his usual "Geki dasa" self, but he had something about him that sort of mirrored the time when he gets down on his knees and cuts off his hair. Like he's really devoted to tennis, his spot on the Regulars, as well as the other members of the team. I liked the way they interacted, too. It felt like non-fictional fiction, if you know what I mean. When characters interact in romance-fanfiction, they tend to all sort of share a similar track when it comes to dialogue. This particular story, however, followed a different line. (Wow. Metaphor. Cool.) I liked that. It was refreshing. What you like about the Silver Pair also became obvious. Hopefully, anyway. They weren't just a ball of fluff, or a little knot of angst. They were just kids, coping with things kids cope with all the time. They acted like kids... I'm too tired to explain right now, but hopefully you sort of get the gist of things.

The Atobe/Jiroh scared me for a moment. I was like, "Grr, Shishido... SANADA." But then he popped up later so the Tango Pair Monster living inside me was appeased. Because of course Atobe chose him. No yucky girls and certainly not someone who falls asleep all the time. No. Atobe likes adventure, and it's difficult to adventure when you have to drag a sleeping corpse all over the place. Ew. Morbid. Jiroh!corpse. I think that's the second time a Jiroh!corpse has come up in one of our exchanges. Oh, right! Because the other one involved snuggling a rotting Jiroh!corpse. Anyway~ I think AtoJi has its moments, but when it all boils down... It's lame and Tango Pair takes the cake.

Geez, look at me. SO opened minded. Wow. I think I deserve some sort of international recognition for that.

I apologize for this rather incoherent review. At the best of times my reviews are quite lame, but now that I've been awake for whoknowshowlong, I can assume that this is the worst of times and that therefore this review should probably be crumpled up, tossed in a fireplace, and burned until it can't burn no more.

... It would be so cool if you could pull word documents off of your computer screen into the real world, crumple them up, and burn them.

Okay. Sleep.

Write more Silver Pair.

...Please.
MartySever chapter 4 . 3/7/2008
I know Kyoko from Death Note! The L fangirl! Love her!

Anyways, when I first read this I was thinking 'jri3m6rYwjj.,6c8d They're getting married!one!1!\\'

I even said it at school (I printed it out and read it at lunch) and everyone was like 'ew'. Stupid Catholics. (No offence to anyone) I'm so sad it's over! No more religion stories!
mikkimikka chapter 4 . 3/7/2008
oh goodness the fluffiness~ I don't know whether to gag or to giggle. O_O

lol that's the silver pair for ya.

I liked this story a lot. I think you did a good job at bringing this out with it not being offensive or annoying, or too shallow and one sided.

one thing though: lol i am intrigued to know who Atobe ever got with. fufufu i'm biased towards Hiyoshi but you paired Hiyo-kun with Taki so he wasn't even on Shishido's list. lol So i vote sanada... (not that you're asking for votes).

good luck on your future work.