Reviews for Fate's Mistake
Gin110881 chapter 3 . 10/26
It's a great story with a very sad beginning. Fortunately, this changes soon.
The idea to make Harry a Diggory and Cedric’s little brother was brilliant and quite unique.
I liked the twist with the slimmed down version of the tournament, and the reselection of the champions, as well as Ginny's and Harry's joint non-attendance at the Yule Ball, although I've missed the promised alternate event, the party for the first three years in the common room.
Many thanks for another great story.
nayin1704 chapter 1 . 8/25
slytherclaw7 chapter 3 . 7/27
Love the story!
MarilynT chapter 3 . 5/11
this was really good. I do not think there is another one where Harry is raised by Diggory's. very entertaining. Do you plan to write more stories?
HPxGW chapter 3 . 5/1
This was the sweetest story I have ever read about Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley. Thank you for blessing me with your wonderful insight. Ok…now I am weirded out by myself.
mab70 chapter 3 . 4/26
Lovely story, and I really believe things would have been much better in canon if Dumbledore had not been Headmaster. He could have focused on cleaning up the Ministry and finding the Horcruxes.
Thank you for sharing your talent!
xiaoweisan chapter 1 . 4/2
I CANNOT understand why Dumbledore NEVER checked Harry's wellbeing or sent Petunia a roaring letter in TEN YEARS. How could he neglect Harry like that? Was his brain eaten by a troll?
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 3/3
Oh, dear! It looks like my fears about Umbridge panned out and she is as bad as she was in canon. On the plus side, it looks as if, with Ginny's help, McGonagall has made short work of the Toad. Yeay!

I'm glad the twins gave Harry and Ginny the map. Thanks to the Marauders, they were able to eliminate Draco and the threat he posed to the entire school. They even managed to find another Horcrux into the bargain. Best of all, Harry and Ginny got the goods on Hermione and Ron in the broom closet without giving away their secret of the map. I always love to see Harry put one over on Hermione. He! He!

Well, it seems all of the Horcruxes except Nagini are finité. Oh, Yeay! They got her, too! BTW, I loved how Voldy and Bella were finished off. It couldn't have happened to two more deserving souls ... Or should that be "soulless ones"?

Okay, so we have OBHWF, with everyone happy and the good guys all alive. Yeay! Thanks for a fun story.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 3/3
I think, if I'd been Mrs. Diggory, I might have clocked Ollivander for his comment about the brother wand giving Harry his scar and commenting on Harry's glamour. I do think it was wonderful that the Horcrux was discovered and Lucius punished so quickly. Of course, this leaves the Basilisk in the school, where it can be used in an adventure at a later date.

I see Ron continues to be a colossal git where Harry is concerned, even before he really knows who Harry is. (It must be some sort of psychological birth defect.) Actually, he seems to exhibit git-like behavior to Hermione, as well. Ginny has given Ron some good advice. I hope he takes it to heart.

I like the way you are moving quickly through the canon stuff we already know and focusing on the original parts of your story. I am both looking forward to and dreading the coming year, because I wonder if Umbridge will be there. Technically, everything should be fine and Umbridge-free, since McGonagall and Flitwick have whipped Hogwarts into shape. Still, we know life can't be allowed to become too easy for Harry. Heaven forbid he have a year without enough angst.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 3/3
So ... Who altered the blood wards, and how did they alter them? And what did Dumbledore do to Harry just before he left? Was that when he placed that huge block on Harry's magic, or was it something even more sinister?

Im glad Dumbledore was caught and forced into McGonagall's oath. He deserved that and more, IMHO. I'm curious to know whether 1) the changed blood wards and 2) whatever Dumbledore did just before he abandoned Harry on the doorstep were behind all of Harry's misfortunes in the Dursley home. Will we ever learn exactly what happened that night with the wards and Dumbo's spell?

I think I would have let the Healers loose on Dumbledore, if I'd been McGonagall. The man is a menace. Maybe he should go on his Horcrux hunt.

It sounds as if fate may have smiled on Harry for once, giving him a great adoptive family. I have kind of a bad feeling about Molly figuring out Harry's identity and blabbing in the family. I hope she is able to keep it quiet. (I know quiet is NOT Molly's strongest quality.)
Saissa chapter 3 . 2/13
Yep, I still think Ron has feelings for Harry and was pissed off that Ginny got to him first and that Harry is straight rather than gay.

I know that Ron was going out with Hermione, but many gay men pretend to be straight because either they deny their own feelings or they dont want anyone else, especially family, to know. And Ron and Hermione would NEVER work. One is very intelligent and the other is very lazy and quite DUMB.

Great story otherwise!
Saissa chapter 2 . 2/13
If Ron were my brother, I would not be telling him that I love him like a sibling. Instead I would be threatening to blast his bits off (castration) if he did not stop stalking me like a jealous lover - because that IS how Ron is acting towards Harry and Ginny! I wonder if Ron is maybe gay and wants Harry for himself...
Guest chapter 2 . 12/14/2015
This story is definitely one of my fave hp fanfics I've read so far! Definitely deserving Of More Reviews thats For Sure!
Sorcerer's Muse chapter 1 . 9/10/2015
So even though this has been up for a long time, I think it still deserves a shout out as being a really well done story. I think one of your best twists was putting Harry with the Diggorys. Congratulations on a job well done.
Tsukoblue chapter 3 . 8/15/2015
This was a very good story but chapter three seemed rushed and the lack of an epilogue for Harry and Ginny was disappointing