Reviews for You Know My Name: A Tale of Gotham Nights
RavenKing chapter 21 . 5/17/2013
Good god where do I start, this is about the best Batman fic i've ever read. I mean the mystery behind the Red Riding Hood, the awesome fights ( one was prefect!) Tim being very in character and belivable. The Rouges being complete badasses. Usually most of the Rouges get sidelined by the Joker but not in this one! I like The Joker being a meancing figure in the background like Batman was in the story. Two-Face being a complete boss with handling Red Riding Hood and Penguin getting his hands dirty in the war was just too awesome for words! I always thought the Rouges would be as defensive of Gotham to villians as Batman is to heros. Anyway I loved everything and was entertained through out the whole story so hats to you sir!
Falseface chapter 17 . 5/12/2013
I tried reading the story again, this time playing music from the title of each chapter.
It's pretty fun.
Falseface chapter 21 . 5/12/2013
I read it entirely last night, but I was afraid to type a review for it since I was so tired.
It's awesome!
Ttestagr chapter 21 . 8/7/2011
A very good piece of fiction, done better than what we had in canon as a matter of fact. Thank you very much for writing and giving it to us readers to enjoy.
Kelana-ti chapter 21 . 5/23/2011
Wow. that was a very fun read. From the begining, the criminal intrige and th mystery of the Red Riding Hood pulled me in. I loved your writing, from whatever point of veiw you were writing from. And honestly, I had fully expected Red Riding Hood to be Jason. Because of the "Red" Riding "Hood" thing. Nice, making the reader think that. And it being Steph was a real twist.
titan616 chapter 21 . 7/16/2009
Interesting take on Red Hood, nice to see a very positive ending for a change, after watching Dark Knight and all. I was hooked the whole time.
BurnishTomatoes chapter 8 . 6/30/2009
...is it Tim himself?
BurnishTomatoes chapter 5 . 6/30/2009
...is it Stephanie Brown?
goatboy chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Why did that have to end? It was like the very best of this genre. Short gritty and ended on a oddly positive note. Hopeful I could even say. Can we expect more noir from you sir?
Tatsuyuri chapter 21 . 4/26/2008
This story is amazing. The detail is phenomenal and I absolutely -love- that the chapter titles are songs. That just makes it all the better. You are to be commended on a job very well done with little flaw (only minor typos that I could see).
Naga chapter 21 . 4/17/2008
Wow, this is a great story! Well written, and thank you for sharing this with us.
TedwinV chapter 21 . 4/5/2008
Wow. Incredibly good. I can't praise this highly enough. I admire the varied language and the excelent sense of foreshadowing, tension, and suspense. You kept me guessing as much as Tim. Great sense of pacing, you write action scenes clearly and convincingly, and the characters are spot-on in personality. My only complaints (and they hardly qualify) would be the overall lack of Cass (but that's just me, not an objective fault) and that the flowerly language, while entertaining, sometimes feels like you're showing off. Don't let that discourage you at all, though, I liked catching the references to everything. Outstanding story.
s82 chapter 21 . 4/3/2008
What a terrific story! I was going to stop reading and review when you revealed who Red Riding Hood was, but I was hooked and wanted to finish. I have to admit, at first all I could think was 'yup, Jason Todd' and then when you wrote who it really was - I was floored. It was a great twist in the plot and, like Tim, after you pointed out the evidence it made perfect sense. I would love to get some back story regarding what happened and everything, but I also think that story is great without that and lets us sort out what we think happened.

Great characterization. I loved Tim in this and all his inner thoughts. Yu also wrote out the action very well - it was fluid, but there were break in which we got thoughts, larger views and other player's actions. It was all very well done.

I look forward to reading more from you and hope you have other stories planned. Thank you for sharing this.
WriteShop chapter 9 . 3/24/2008
Very nice story.

it's a little slow paced, but I can see the plot unfolding with each chapter (I hate it when some fics just hit a holding pattern for chapters on end)

the characterization is VERY good.
s82 chapter 5 . 3/20/2008
I am really enjoy this story. You have a very captivating manner of writing and your characterizations are spot on. I look forward to further developments.