Reviews for Ink
Hawki chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
I wouldn't call the title 'Sarah Connor Chronicles' "clumy" exactly, but the fact that the 'John Connor Chronicles' book series had been written before the show was even concieved makes me question the originality at least.

Anyway, the content itself was good, fitting of the style pending to the Terminator series in regards to the differences between humans and machines. From the outset, we're thrown in the deep end in regards to Cameron's POV. I guess this is a strength in a sense. Logical systems dictate Terminator functioning and the lack of any precedent for her reflections is in contrast to that. On the other hand, the lack of any precedent can be jarring, not to mention the shift to third person POV at the end and then a sudden return to 1st person. Such a move can be effective, but in this case, such a short snippet at the end was once again jarring.

As a final nitpick, it's mentioned that Cameron doesn't sweat. If there was such a statement in the series to this effect I missed it (never watched much of it due to how it butchered Terminator lore IMO) but it certainly seems to be an odd function, or the lack of it, as Cameron's biological aspects seem to be on a similar principle to that of the T-800/T-850 series, the functions of which included sweat.

Still a good job though.
Ra'iira The Fiend chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
That was incredibly well written, and very powerful. I can think of nothing else to say.
Metropolis Kid chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
I think that this story offers some great insight into Cameron's 'thought' process. The non-human's interpretation of humanity and musings about what she is, were very interesting. I hope you continue.
Bombycidae chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
Wow. I don't normally read T:TSCC fics unless they're Sarah/Cameron, but this... I am glad I have read it. This is brilliant. Thank you for sharing your talent with us readers.
Joyful chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
Wow. This story is AWESOME.
Lora Perry chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
I love the introspective look into Cam's head.

You have a really wonderful grasp on how to deal with the disattached thinking of a machine, and how a mind should think human to act human but still adhere to the basic componets of what Cameron is; a machine.

I'd love to see more of your unique style of charecter study.
JL Hughes chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
so ive pretty much decided that youre my hero.
Duffster21 chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
kewl
Optical Goddess chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
Ooh, that was good, especially reading this right after I saw the last episode where she pockets that piece she took out of that other terminator's head. I never noticed her sitting actions, I will watch that more closely in the future.
SailorNeo chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
I LOVED this. I thought the same thing. I recently watched Terminator 2 for the first time and when "Bob" (which I call him now) said that he could learn from humans and become more human (or something along those lines) I immediatly thought of Cameron. She's trying so hard to be human, it's visible in the way she watches humans interact with one another. But this was beautiful in how it conveyed those thoughts-which is a whole topic unto itself, her having thoughts. I don't know if you've seen "Firefly" or "Serenity" but Summer did much of the same acting, but as a mental traumatized girl. She's brilliant at vacant expressions conveying so much emotion. Which is a long and incredibly rambling way of saying this is a wonderful, beautiful, amazing work that captures a quality of Terminators that shouldn't exist, yet does.
LionHeart1080 chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
I figure if there ever was canonical novel based on the perspective of a Terminator blending in as a human, it would be chock full of existentialism and analysis of self-awareness. And you're right about how well Glau performs her character, she really puts something into Cameron that you can't really see but you kind of know is there.
RogueCanuck chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
Very interesting. I have to agree that Summer Glau does give a large amount of emotion to an otherwise emotionless machine.

Your idea of Cameron doing something and not knowing why, right at the end, really makes you wonder just how close these machines and people can become under the right circumstances. After all, do we not sometimes do things without knowing why?
Annabel Wynters chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
Oddly i liked it! I was an intresting perspective of a terminator, I really made you thimk.
andrew chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
O.O holly freaking CRAP! that was so awsome! you really grasped the character and gave what could be a out look into her thoughts! i loved it! can't wait for more more like these!
Life Ravenwing chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
Awesome story. And on the subject of Summer Glau, if you've ever seen Firefly, you'd understand. Best TV show ever, but cancelled after one season eventually. She plays a crazy psychic and if you ever saw that or Serenity, trust me, you'd understand how she can do that.

Great job.