Reviews for Treading Water
corneroffandom chapter 8 . 3/5/2008
Yay! More of this! Y'know, I mean, I'm not sure where exactly in the timeline this falls but Grace Under Pressure could be interesting under this universe, y'know?
angw chapter 7 . 3/5/2008
Awh poor boy. Thank goodness John has talked some sense into him with the Sheppard speak. They are a family. And as a family they will stand together and weather the good and the bad.
Blue Zephyr Dragon chapter 8 . 3/4/2008
Yes! Excellent! GIVE ME MORE!
StarKitty chapter 8 . 3/4/2008
I love this story! I'm glad it's just the beginning of a series, too. You have a nice writing style.
MaggieL80 chapter 8 . 3/4/2008
...And the team swims off into the sunset. Loved the story. So sad to see the story end but elated that there will be more. Loved the scene between Rodney and Ronon especially when he was thrown off the balcony, and Parrish's response, priceless. Just another day in Atlantis. Also loved Radek magnetizing certain individuals furniture...original, very original. Not sad to see Singer go. Thanks for tying up a few of the loose ends but there are still quite a few that are unraveling.
spookysister7 chapter 8 . 3/4/2008
Very good! I really liked this story. I love the team bonding- and he fact that mckay got the red bandana!
Erikstrulove chapter 8 . 3/4/2008
HUZZAH! Rodney finally went swimming! I loved it, and

There was a pause.

“Is that so?”

“It is.”

“Okay then. Thanks for the update.”

Loved that too,and some other parts but I cant quote them them all...basically the whole story. I cant wait to see more!
Snapshot chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
Ah! Gills! Crazy! I'm going to read the rest now!
auStraliS chapter 8 . 3/4/2008
I must admit that I, too, was a bit sceptical at first, but I kept reading and found that I really enjoyed the whole story. So congratulations for pulling it off and I look forward to reading more stories in this 'verse. Thenk you for sharing.
acer-sigma chapter 8 . 3/4/2008
Nice to hear you're considering a series for this verse. I look forward to seeing it in the future.

As for this chapter, I thought it was amusing, if somewhat dangerous, that Ronon threw McKay over the balcony to get him to face his 'water' issues. Thought the ending was a nice touch, with the entire team joining Rodney in his 'other' habitat.

Good to see that Radek managed to exact some punishment over some of the personnel who were no doubt commenting about Rodney. As for Singer, I agree that with her attitude she doesn't deserve to be in Atlantis. Hopefully she'll get drummed out of the Stargate program for it as well. If not, I can probably see her blaming McKay and spreading rumours about him around the SGC. And considering the way most people at the SGC seem to feel about McKay, that could cause problems.
LinziDay chapter 8 . 3/4/2008
AW! Loved it! Great story.

My favorite line of the chapter: "This is not acceptable on so many levels!" LOL. (Though, really, Ronon should have gotten in at least *some* trouble for throwing McKay off a balcony. Drowning might not have been a concern but breaking his neck would have been!)

Really excellent job. I'd LOVE to see more of this universe. And I'm one of the ones who never thought she'd be saying that about a story in which Rodney has gills. :)

Super story.
LinziDay chapter 7 . 3/4/2008
Oh jeez... I loved so many things about this chapter I can't list them all! Wonderful, wonderful writing. Great friendship stuff. You've got some excellent details and description here (“Are you perhaps missing a scientist?” Sheppard looked to Carson, who was frowning at him as if it was his fault McKay hadn’t followed orders) that really make it come alive.

The only thing I don't like is that the story is ending!
chaps1870 chapter 8 . 3/4/2008
I love this story and I'm all for a series. Bwhwhwahaha. I was just thinking of that old TV series "Man From Atlantis". I crack myself up sometimes.
Gremblin chapter 8 . 3/4/2008
MORE. IMMEDIATELY.

Forty-Two is an awesome number, don't you think? Especially when it's the number of upcoming chapters. Can that be the number of upcoming chapters/ficlets/drabbles/stories? Pretty please with Mer!Rodney on top?

Oh! Another thought just occurred to me! Who's to say that whatever agency Rodney's mom worked for (I dunno if you said it and I can't remember it if you did) stopped experimenting after Rodney was born? What if they made another merperson even more different than Rodney is? What would Rodney's reaction be to that?

Go forth, young plotbunny! ;D
Talon88.1 chapter 8 . 3/4/2008
yes, once again you showed why i enjoy your stories so much. great characterization, nice setting (even if strange at the start) but you gave a vaild reason, and at last i can say that yes, this is a great ending, well done! oh, and this section:

Parrish wisely decided to remain where he was, gently asking the doors to his own balcony to slide shut before tapping his radio.

“Colonel Sheppard?”

“Go ahead,” the soldiers cheery voice chirped through the radio, loud enough to hurt the scientists ear.

“It’s Dr. Parrish. I thought you should know that Ronon just threw Dr. McKay off a balcony.”

There was a pause.

“Is that so?”

“It is.”

“Okay then. Thanks for the update.”

“No problem.” He went back to studying the alkaline levels in his current soil sample

I was ROLLING on the ground whe i read this. it was the crem-da-la-crem of your humor! As always, Roll On.
128 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »