Reviews for Treading Water
MaggieL80 chapter 7 . 3/4/2008
What! Only one more chapter to go? This story screams of many, many more chapters. There needs to be a serious come to Jesus meeting of the military and scientists who aren't on board with gills. I see a bumper sticker campaign in the making. "Honk if you love fish." "Got Gills?" "My scientist is a honor student." "What happens in the Pegasus galaxy stays in the Pegasus galaxy." There are more adventures to be had. Would love to see Rodney take that swim. Gotta know what happens to Singer. Please, please don't let this end...unless you have a sequel in the works.
MalB chapter 7 . 3/4/2008
I'm really enjoying this. good job, interesting premise. I can't wait for the last piece. Thanks.
Choas Babe chapter 8 . 3/4/2008
I liked the ending. And it just hit me that if Rodney has gills, than that means that his body is adapted for the water, duh, but he would probably be really sensitive to the sun, the sun's radiation, and temperature changes. So maybe in the episode "Runner" he had a good reason for wearing the radiation suit.
sentarla chapter 7 . 3/4/2008
one more chapter no pleas, please please more more more! there is so much more story that needs to be told, more!
acer-sigma chapter 7 . 3/4/2008
Quite undestandable why Rodney doesn't take to kindly to mentions of his family as well as to why his friends saying that they except him because they're family doesn't sit well with him.

Looking forward to seeing how they'll convince him otherwise.
Choas Babe chapter 7 . 3/4/2008
*Growl* I almost hope that the team meets up with Rodney's parents. Or at least his mom. His dad has the excuse of not knowing better. And at least he was TRYING to help.
highonstargate chapter 7 . 3/4/2008
Just one more chapter! I hope you do a series out of this!
Gremblin chapter 7 . 3/4/2008
One chapter? Only. One. Chapter. Left? Why only one? Is there going to be a sequel? One is such a lonely number. Seventeen is a much more pleasing one. Seventeen is fun! Forty-two is even better though. Forty-two is a party! How about giving that lonely little one forty-one more friends? -puppydogeyes-

Please update again soon! This is awesome!
spookysister7 chapter 6 . 3/3/2008
uh oh. I have a feeling the water didn't agree with him...
cat chapter 6 . 3/3/2008
Love the story! please up-date soon! Question: Is today to soon?
MaggieL80 chapter 6 . 3/2/2008
Who'd have thought an innocent mission for plant samplings could go so wrong? Angry, superstitious natives are never a good thing. Doesn't Rodney know by now that they live in Murphy's Universe, what can go wrong will. So refreshing not having Rodney be the cause of this simple misunderstanding. Doubt Ramirez will want to go off world anytime soon and as for Singer, her days on Atlantis are numbered I bet. I beieve Sheppard will make an example out of her as a warning to all those you would willingly endanger a member of the team and who are not on board with Rodney's alternative breathing anatomy. Looking forward to the next chapter. That's twice Rodney has put his life on the line to save members of Atlantis since this fic began, what's next?
trecebo chapter 6 . 3/2/2008
Fear makes people do strange and stupid things. Singer was a bad, bad girl...
LinziDay chapter 6 . 3/2/2008
"“Relax Colonel, this is the planet of the giant bamboo, what could go wrong?”

An hour later Sheppard would have bitten McKay’s head off for saying those words if he wasn’t tied to a post made of said bamboo."

LOL... yes, *bad* thing to say. Right up there with "We're safe now" and "I'm sure it's harmless." :)

Great chapter! Can't wait for more!
acer-sigma chapter 6 . 3/2/2008
That was just great, I almost burst out laughing when Rodney said, "what could go wrong?” Really, Rodney should know better, wouldn't put it pass him to have made an equation concerning their missions and things going wrong!

Did have to laugh at the dumb luck they got when the natives decided to drown Rodney, especially when you imagine the looks of relief the others are no doubt trying to hide. You know this could be an iteresting way for them to get out of trouble from now on ( 'Oh we're sorry, to make it up, you can drown McKay';))

And I don't know why, but the image of Ronon being surrounded by guys poking him with spears was just funny.

As for Singer, I'd say someone's tour of Atlantis might be coming to an end, and would be lucky if they managed to get an SGC posting after what happened. Guessing Sheppard probably has a little better idea of Rodney's reluctance over his gills now. Looking forward to hearing what he's gonna do to Singer. Personally considering the stuff the Stargate has brought about, you'd think she'd be a bit more open minded.
Silverthreads chapter 6 . 3/2/2008