Reviews for Lost Hope
Penny is wise chapter 19 . 6/16
Awesome story. I was annoyed at first that you killed off Harry but liked the turning Harry into Hogwarts bit.
SpinnerOfYarns chapter 19 . 6/9
Well. I have been around this site for 5 years now, and this is actually the first review that I ever wrote.
The reason for that I think is because, it really bothers me how impossible you've made it for me to like this story. I was intrigued by the first chapter, the premise was good, and I was hoping it would continue. However, this story is honestly incomprehensible to me. Maybe it's the writing style, the plot itself, the way that everything just kind of happens and nothing is sufficiently explained... For a while I was even thinking that there was a prequel that I missed, or a companion piece or something.
Not to mention Sirius' frankly odd way of referring to and thinking of Harry. Calling him boy and Potter and then "making a deal with the devil" because Harry's worth it... I still think I must be missing something here, if I am, disregard the review and point me in the right direction.
Not to mention the fact that my dislike for the epilogue rivals that of canon. Everyone is giggly, and... pranky, and quite honestly disgusting. He died. An eleven year old died. But he forgives them. And pranks them. Because, hey, they made his life hell but he's Hogwarts now, so all is well.
I'm sorry if it sounds a bit harsh, you are a good writer, the grammar is great, it's a good read overall, it's just the flow that really bothers me...
Aurora BoreAlice chapter 19 . 5/13
I have to admit I was ready to scream bloody murder when I realized that Harry want going to come back to life. Then I read the epilogue and the crisis was averted. Excellent story! I can wait to start the other ones!
thonez chapter 13 . 5/7
funny
anaraz chapter 19 . 5/4
nice but weird
missgsmith51 chapter 18 . 4/15
"... the Slytherin House ghost ... just sneers and welcomes us to reap what we have sown."

I don't blame him. Hogwarts tried to intervene, but Dumbledore allowed the bullying and mistreatment - but teachers, no less - to continue, and McGonagall was the worst of the bunch.

I hope the ghosts, especially Harry's, give her and Dumbledore he**! They deserve it. The sad thing is that he managed to do something that most of this faculty had never seen. He helped unite the Slytherin first years, and even the behavior and attitudes of the firsties and many of the older kids in Slytherin had begun to change in a positive way. It's a pity the faculty were so focused on what they felt was an indicator of Harry's "darkness" - something that wasn't even there, except in their own small minds - that they missed something great.
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 4/15
**reviving myself** I can't believe Narcissa visited Petunia ... and was actually sympathetic, civil, and helpful. She and Lucius are really stepping out of their normal Pureblood boundaries.

Sirius was scarily controlled with Minerva. I have a feeling he is going to be as good as his word and will take the castle apart, stone by stone. Quite honestly, just about every professor other than Snape and Sinistra need to be fired.

It will be interesting to hear the Weasley Twins' comments on their brother's role in the events which led to Harry's demise. They no longer seem to see Harry as the threat they once did, and I suspect Ron can expect some retribution. Too little, too late, of course, but ...
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 4/15
So ... Is Harry really dead, or is he in some sort of "limbo," or holding place, until he decides whether or not to come back? Either way, I wouldn't want to be McGonagall when Sirius finds out. Perhaps she will even warrant a visit from beyond the Veil. I can't believe Lily would approve of her treatment of Harry.

I hope Ron is suitably punished (read: expelled) for his actions. I still can't believe Hagrid ever took kids into the Forbidden Forest. Dumbledore, too, needs to be G.O.N.E. It's obvious that he is incompetent, senile ... or possibly just evil.

Well, R.I.P., Harry.
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 4/15
"... why, for the most part, both are referred to as Spike when speaking, but by name when a body is acting." Do they, by any chance, share one brain?

I thought Lucius was getting Sirius out of Azkaban permanently, not just for Christmas. No?
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 4/15
"Severus had to be wrong. If Petunia Dursley disliked her nephew, then Harry must have done something to earn it." Well, at least Dumbledore is being fair and withholding judgment before he has all of the facts. NOT! Too bad the Goblin King can't pop him over to the Labyrinth for a few hours in the Bog of Eternal Stench! I hope Hogwarts punishes him suitably for this bad behavior.

Poor Sirius. I hope he isn't jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. I will admit Lucius seems better in your story, and Snape is MUCH better. However, I'm still very distrustful of Lucius based on past ... events.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 4/15
Interesting about Hogwarts having to steal the cloak to give it to Harry. Why would the Castle have to steal it (from Dumbledore, if you're sticking to canon here) and hide it in the Hat? Is Hogwarts suggesting Dumbledore is less than honest?

I'm curious about that shield that Draco has supposedly cast. Is it possible that it ISN'T Draco? Could it possibly be Lily's protection kicking in? Just wondering ...
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 4/15
Why is Poppy so hostile to Harry? Shouldn't she have given him a real exam upon entrance to Hogwarts? I'm betting he has never been vaccinated against wizard diseases or even had a simple physical. Isn't it her job to ascertain these things? I generally like Poppy, but your version of her is unprofessional ... and not very nice.

Is it the malice Harry absorbs that is causing others to hate him? Can that malice be "drained off" in some way? In Harry's place, I'm not sure I would be able to cope with the level of unwarranted hatred leveled at me. (As a retired veteran teacher, I've known of kids his age who took their own lives because they were simply tired of the emotional pain and believed it would never get any better. They decided to stop it the only way they knew.) I also would be making other plans for next year, I think. Hogwarts should be his haven against the Dursleys' abuse, not a magnified version of it. If they won't fix the problem, why subject himself to it?

The more important question: Why is Dumbledore sanctioning this unfair treatment of Harry? Has he learned nothing from the past? Is he such an impotent wizard that he can't stop it? Where is all of his power? Or is he just plain cruel?
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 4/15
Why is it not possible for the Headmaster to control the castle ... IF the Head is behaving appropriately?
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 4/15
I find the staff behavior toward Harry appalling. If they're worried about him becoming a dark wizard, their nasty, unfair behavior toward him is only going to help make it happen. Actually, they're all behaving a lot like the Dursleys.
Ebenbild chapter 19 . 4/12
I cannot believe they were soo blind! Judging Harry just because of where he was sorted and punishing him for it! And then he saved them... I'm not sure if I would have done something like that if I were him...
Still, beautiful written story, even if I cried somewhere in between...
Thanks for sharing.