Reviews for Simon Tam’s Survival Guide for the Black
reaverattack chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
OMIGOD! The couch reference! And bonfires... *gigglesnort*
Jadzia Bear chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
I adore Simon, and I feel a lot of sympathy for how much he lost when coming out to the Rim. My favourites are 11, 14 and 19.

I quite like 8, I can just imagine how that conversation would go. Pity it never happened on screen.

Shiny stuff : )
RogueWhisper chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Rule 20 is epic. Truly amazing work.
Alexander Dregon chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Amazingly funny. And by the story; true. You have an interesting perspective, and insight to this show.
unlock.your.heart chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
I loved the ending paragraph! well I loved the whole thing but I liked the last paragraph alot.
ansem chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
love the Rules series. pure gold. Thanks for such great pieces of writing
teasers chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
funny! I liked it
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Well...at least Simon had the common sense to refer to his wife and crewmate by the respectable title of "engineer," much as I doubt Kaylee would have been too offended if he had used "mechanic" instead. Though Kaylee's troubleshooting support base is a lot wider than mere mechanical repair;)

Oh...and good on Kaylee for "correcting" some of Simon's assertions. Can't be having Simon whine too much to the public :D
jcap1526 chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
You've really got each character down pat, don't you! Poor Simon!
the psycho sour skittle chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
spot...on
debbieja chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Wow seems the women on the ship are all versed in the couch as a tool to make your man behave. Poor Simon really did have trouble keeping his feet out of his mouth, but seems to have learned how to get along. Loved the bits about the first mate shooting you, and Kaylee altering his climate control to teach him a lesson
Thug-4-Less chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
21 was awesome. But Number 9 began a new paragraph in the middle of a sentence.

Excellent work, as always.
jane0904 chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
I love rules 20, 21 and 22. And I too adore the couch getting a look-in. Although it's probably Kaylee who'd storm out and go sleep in her hammock in the engine room. Please do her POV. It has to be so bright and breezy, starting with 'If a tattoed mechanic makes a play for you, go along. It could be the start of an interesting career'. Particularly as I adored her leaning over Simon's shoulder censoring ... correcting his rules!
Bao Bei Tony chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
And the couch makes another appearance. Yay couch.

Good stuff Bud.

Thanks for the great reviews too BTW.