Reviews for Rediscovery
Seeking Professional Help chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
That Misato and Shinji 'almost kiss scene' was bittersweet and spot on for the characters in my opinion.
Loco77 chapter 4 . 1/18/2010
and? contuna
Sean Tucker chapter 4 . 9/8/2008
You should seriously update. This fic is awesome.

Also, your name is great... Dream Theater FTW!
Rose1948 chapter 4 . 5/21/2008
Those poor kids...
dylanredefined chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
Well writen want to know what happens
SithKnight-Galen chapter 4 . 5/17/2008
A very nice and complicated, yet fun to read story you have going on here. I am enjoying how everyone is acting in a realistic manner, and how they are all having to deal with the after-effects of their actions, especially as they have had a decade or so to come to terms, or in some cases, run from them. So, will we ever find out what really happened with Rei? Odd as it sounds, will Kaworu also being making a re-appearance, since there were dummy plugs of him, and he was of similar make up and all of that to Rei? (just curious on that one) What is Misato going to think now that she has found out about Asuka and Shinji's tryst? Is this going to be a step forward, or three backwards for both Asuka and Shinji after this?
klasnic chapter 4 . 5/17/2008
Good idea and story, a Shinji and Asuka with very similar problems, and the two run away for his friends.
DrendeSalkash chapter 4 . 5/16/2008
i can understand how Shinji felt after he woke up and went for that drive. i walked when i did that instead of driving, but still ended up getting my leg hurt, lol. good work on this chapter by the way. it was written very damn well
Itansha chapter 4 . 5/16/2008
Now that we have chapter 4, it definitely makes what seems "rushed" in chapter 3 a logical occurrence. And the interaction between character's and the little accident certainly show the mindset of everyone well.
Devavrata chapter 3 . 5/16/2008
Comments about the dialogues:

““Theoretical physics,” Asuka replied. “Mainly in quantum mechanics, but I do extend into experimental fields as well.”

“You’ll find yourself right at home in our physics section,” Emi said with a smile. “Would you like to see it?”

Quantum mechanics todays have been accepted as a tools of physics, but not fields of physics. Quantum computing would be a better choice. And I have yet to see physicists who can tell that someone else's research can fit into theirs after hearing just one or two sentences like Asuka said.

Real physicists would sit down together for lunch or coffee, scribble on napkins, while talking about their work.

Again:

" .. 9 to 5 job at the university in Munich doing physics research I didn’t really care about."

Depends on the fields of physics, there are physicists who rarely work a 9 to 5; M-F jobs. Their work schedule are mostly overloaded, sometimes more than 60 hours per week, extend into the wee hours like 2-6 am if necessary.
Itansha chapter 3 . 5/16/2008
The beginning was actually quite good, with the interaction of Asuka with other people being quite reasonable, and this happy Rei still retain her anime canon personality (instead of Angelic days canon). However, the last few paragraphs just make it seem rushed. Unless I am reading it wrong with a dirty mind, you do not just meet after 10 years, and then beginning to have sex (not for a serious drama like this, anyway).

If not... ehh... I have a dirty mind, okay?
rcswart chapter 3 . 5/16/2008
quite good, though at the end, it would have been nice to see some more dialogue between shinji and asuka, not just a rush to the sacl...
Delphicism chapter 3 . 5/16/2008
Bravo! It's been a while since your last update, and I had almost forgot about this story. Anyway, I'm just saying I really like this story. It's very well written: Very descriptive, and excellent Charater development.

One thing I would suggest is that you fix the typos. It kinda throws a few of you sentences off.
DrendeSalkash chapter 3 . 5/16/2008
that was a good bit of writing. it felt longer than it really was, but i attribute that to the fact i've been awake for about 36 hours. my rating would place it at about a 9.1/10
TimeShifter chapter 3 . 5/15/2008
Haha! Things are beginning to turn around for the two former-pilots. I really like happy Rei and responsible Misato, and I'm glad the two of them have been able to somewhat sort out Shinji and Asuka. I'm really looking forward to what you've got coming up!