Reviews for 6 DOORS AWAY
LocoGreggo chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Well done. Excellent one-shot.
marialisa chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Drabble? What is this 'drabble' you speak of?

Lovely cadence, lovely language, lovely story. Basically, its lovely!

Clever girl...you must 'drabble' more often :)
jaed621 chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
I have to tell you that I've spent a lot of time in hospitals lately and this piece really hit me hard. It really was beautiful, I just love the slow agonizing rhythm of it that fits waiting in the hospital SO well. The whole feel of it, his moments of vulnerability and waning patience was done really well.

As for the emotional part of it, this part actually made me a little misty, " He allowed himself 6 more seconds of vulnerability, long enough to whisper sweet nothings in her ear and let a tear escape his eye. Long enough for another mere whisper of his lips on her forehead and a final caress on her hair. Long enough to last him another 6 days, 6 weeks, 6 months… however long it took him to finally win her over and loose himself to her for good."

Great lines, really. Anyway, it was far from drabble, drippings from a leaking heart maybe, but not drabble. Take care, excellent job, please, keep writing. Jaed xo
notesofwimsey chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Si, the term drabble in this context is pretty meaningless. But we're good with that!

You have a gift for rhythm, for the pulse of a story. I can hear the beat working in your head as you shape the story. "He hated hospitals" (nice alliteration, btw) has such weight, such weariness, (see? I can do it too!) And you loop back just right every time, leading us deeper into the situation.

I do love your Flack.
BlkRse chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
*sigh* I love your writing. Your words paint a beautiful picture of Flack's inner conflict.
The Little Corinthian chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
I think it's a very good thing, because that was really good :0) Great job, once more!
ThnksFrThMmrs87 chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Sitting here with my mouth open. Amazing, gorgeous. All those things and more
nyakattia chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Augh, damn this is good. How did you write exactly what I try to write whenever I sit down to write a hospital scene, but can never quite manage? I really got the sense here of the long hours of waiting and worry and fear and guilt.

I love that he kissed her on the forehead, had just a moment with her and then went back to doing his job. That there was no question that he was going to be allowed in to see her in the first place. Beautiful. Very easy to loose myself in, this story.

By the way, I'm still looking forward to the 3rd chapter of 3 Tries. :D I wanna see how you resolve that one.

I hope whoever you were waiting for is okay.
Aphina chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
I really enjoyed reading this. Your writing is beautiful. I love how you show the emotions of his character, their so potent and relaistic!