Reviews for One Day For Sethos
Sethosfan chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
I loved it! I'm going to read it again tomorrow. You followed her style so well, it's incredible. I began reading, thoroughly expecting this to be inferior writing and lame execution but you TOTALLY blew me away! Thank you for writing this. It's a very satisfying piece. And you're a great writer.
Miss Raye chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
I have been a bit of a sethos/amelia shipper.. but mostly when he was cyrus :D this was delightful to read!
Arlene Na chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
As a huge Amelia Peabody fan, I loved her book "Lion in the Valley," which this story is obviously based on. I LOVED "One Day for Sethos"; the premise was believable, well-written and bittersweet. I was bowled over by the whole thing and surprised at how deeply affected I was, and still am.

I felt sad for both Sethos and Amelia: sad for Sethos because he clearly loved her and his love for her made him so human, instead of the cold, terrible criminal gang leader he'd come to be known as. In spite of his terrible (well-earned) reputation, he still had some good in him and a lot of gentlemanly instincts, which Amelia brought out. I was also sad for Amelia since she's been torn away from her family and wrestling with her own emotional struggle.

There are too many details to discuss, but this "alternate universe" story was fabulous; it actually brought some tears to my eyes. ADORED IT!
TianaMur chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Oh I'm a little late to the party as usual, but never mind...*sigh* I hope...:)

You have serious talent...images, feelings flow seamlessly...Through your story, while I am great supporter of Emerson, of course, you made feel actual sympathy for Sethos...you have imaginative plots and a sophisticated, genuine style that I truly admire...thank you for bringing an alternative view to one of my favorites in the series...:)
murgatroid-98 chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
This is the first FF I've read for this book series. I'm a fan of Amelia, Emerson and company. This was a great story. I also felt a little sorry for Sethos. Well done.
Vee22 chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Thanks for telling me about your other Amelia/Sethos fic!

Again, a very enjoyable read and quite plausible too, I think, as it's quite clear that Amelia is attracted to Sethos on some level in the novels.

Although I'm not sure about the part where she tells Sethos that truly married people don't kiss as much, as Emerson seems to exercise his marital rights quite often in the books. Hehe.

Especially liked the ending where Sethos is disguised as a beggar and watching them. Great conclusion for a great story.
EowynsPen chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Wonderful! I love it!
moviesee chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
nice

but im loyaal to emerson and peabody pair
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
ARGH! This so passionate and heartwrenching. Darn it. I knew the inevitable end, but still. AARGH. )
froomiest bandersnatch chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
This was beyond amazing...way beyond. I think it made my entire month, seriously. I've been looking for a good Peabody story for a while and this one was way above all my expectations. Thank you!