Reviews for Nicotine Patches and Picture Books
arsehattery chapter 6 . 4/3
Ah, I don't think I can adequately express how absolutely, utterly beautiful amd well-written this is. This is not a pairing I'd ever usually consider, but you make them and their interactions so natural, and yet really not. Their thoughts and feelings are depicted very realistically, and I loved every single one of their conversations. Gevanni and Rester were great here too. And, for some reason, that one bit about Near making sure Mello was buried next to L made me so, so sad and the grief from both of their deaths just sort of hit me anew, and. I almost cried. Yeah. The last bit was beautiful, and I think I'm going to be taking a screenshot and reading it over and over because dear god, it is gorgeousthis story-shaped part of their existence comes to a closecan i die that is so fucking pretty). Thanks so much for writing this!
Siemsen chapter 6 . 2/26/2016
This story was amazing. I have never read a NearxMatt fic before, but I have to say, this story certainly got me hooked on the pairing! It was beautifully written, and you did a fantastic job when writing the character interactions. Not once did I feel anyone was out of character.
Well done- there aren't many authors that write as well as you, let alone on such a rare pairing.
i88 chapter 6 . 5/23/2015
This was so fucking charming and clever and I'm not one for "what if blank happened instead" stories but you knocked it out of the park. Matt and Near were so in character it was Eerie and it just felt like a great wrap up to Death Note as a whole.
Guest chapter 6 . 6/26/2014
Really enjoyed every second of reading this. It was well put together and truthfully I can't find a negative point about it. Thank you for the well written story. c:
Elle du Vent chapter 6 . 3/1/2014
Amazing story. THANK YOU.
Skyrimfan1 chapter 6 . 5/5/2013
That was sweet. What was the story line?
erlebnisse chapter 6 . 4/3/2013
WOW. This was amazing. Everything about it is just perfect - the characterization was impeccable, the concept and plot were very unique and original, and the writing was awesome. I loved how you paced the story, and used various authors and their works, too. It gave me so many feels! D
Kudos, it was brilliant.
paper streets chapter 6 . 3/24/2013
your writing is just so, so beautiful. i love everything about this-the emotions all throughout are poignant and powerful. i love the bittersweetness of it all, just, akdjfhsjakfjskah this is perfect.
chabitso.0 chapter 6 . 1/24/2013
I enjoyed this story very much.:]
3 chapter 6 . 8/19/2012
Love it!
pixelfaeriee chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Great story so far, please update it. :)

-Kirra
Guest chapter 6 . 11/10/2011
Fantastically written! That is all. Lol, not really. I actually like this pairing.. which is odd, because I don't usually like Near, but I do in your story. Thank you!
biscotti gelato chapter 6 . 10/23/2011
Love this~. (:
Katamabob chapter 6 . 5/28/2011
I loved it. It was amazingly sweet and well-written. As a friendship, as a relationship, and simply as characters, people - fantastic.

Kate
May000 chapter 6 . 5/10/2011
I liked this. Your Matt is probably one of the best I've read. The relationship here is built very well, also, and I thought it was interesting that Matt didn't like to be abandoned, giving what happened with Mello and L. Good job.