Reviews for Stormbenders
melsbells91 chapter 18 . 1/23
Wow wow WOW! What a fantastic fic! I've read A LOT of fanfic and you might be the first author I have ever seen put in an Afterword and I loved it! I really enjoyed hearing your thought process, your goals and what you would have changed. It's a very vulnerable thing and I really appreciate it as a reader. As I said in a previous review, I would read the heck out of this story in Zuko's POV, but I guess I'm off to read Ozai's Vengeance instead :D Loved this, looking forward to reading more of your work!
melsbells91 chapter 17 . 1/23
EEEEEEP! Ugh this was SO good! Fight scenes are so hard to write and you did a great job. I love things tied up neatly with a bow and I love Zuko and Katara's respect for each others freedom, choices, and autonomy. It will only make their love stronger when they come back together. This fic was fantastic, I can't wait for the epilogue!
melsbells91 chapter 16 . 1/22
Oh my gosh it's time! Let's go stormbenders!
melsbells91 chapter 15 . 1/22
"Rather it was this new feeling, fresh and tender and raw as skin after a blister, that she didn't exactly wantto name, but seemed painfully similar to weakness, vulerability, and shyness." - SUCH a good line! Oh my gosh this is gold. The bud of love has bloomed!

OH MY GOSH YES! Oh that that first moment of surrender was delicious and wonderful. Zuko my precious little dumpster fire is happy *squee* my heart can't handle it!

Wow, what an ending! They finally found him and the plans for the device, now they just need to find a way out, and I feel like this will be the hardest part. SO excited for what's next!
melsbells91 chapter 14 . 1/22
Oh VERY interesting with the Ty Lee switcharoo, now that's a fun one.

I'm a big fan of their "I love you" conversation and figuring out a code for them to use and Zuko trying to be the perfect gentleman.

Azula is very cunning, backing them into a corner with the Norther Water Tribe colonization and their super sweet moment and intimate embrace, and the I love you, ugh, so wonderful!

That's quite the weapon, something to take away bending, very ironic that is how Aang chose to finish things with Ozai. And again, their super sweet moment of comfort *squee* I just love it!

I'm so excited for them to take things into their own hands!
melsbells91 chapter 13 . 1/22
Zuko is so smart playing his part like the doting, love-struck boyfriend he is. I absolutely loved the part you added about not kissing her lips and letting that be hers to give (also now eagerly awaiting when she gives that to him *squee!*)

Intrigued with the impromptu Sokka and Toph drop-in, I wonder what plan B is for them now... Also loved the mom-talk, very sweet.

Guest staring: Cabbage Man!

What an interesting turn of events! Everyone was on-point in their disapproval and I LOVED the parallel to the Agni and Kai legend, especially when Katara intervened and spoke her truth - that was fantastic.

And, hold please, FAKE MARRAIGE! Yes please, thank you, next! Oh I am very on board with this. And now who is the Ember Island Player Ty Lee character? Can't wait to find out more and watch the two of them grow even closer!

P.S. As much as I am DYING for them to finally give in to all the love and smooches to come, you've done a fantastic job with this slow burn. It hurts so good, I don't want it to end, but yes I do, but it's so smokey and delicious, but please end it... lol! All that to say, I love it and you're great and this fic is great!
melsbells91 chapter 12 . 1/22
That was a rollercoaster and oh man that ending! Zuko is going to lose his mind and I am so here for it!
melsbells91 chapter 11 . 1/22
Katara is seriously clueless, believing Zuko is only concerned for her because he is pretending to be her lover. That Aunt Wu revelation though... maybe we're getting somewhere! I would absolutely read the heck out of a Zuko-centered version of this fic, I would gobble it up like candy, just tossing that out there...
melsbells91 chapter 10 . 1/22
Very cute with Kuma and the love triangle story there and I loved how she remembered where she heard the name before at the end. I am DYING to know what they slipped Zuko because drunk/tipsy didn't seem right, but he was certainly drugged in some way and absolutely drunk on her. That was so perfect, it was hot and sweet and silly and sexy and just perfect. I am so excited to watch fake lovers grow into real lovers!
melsbells91 chapter 9 . 1/22
Gosh SO MUCH happened in this chapter! I was a little lost at the end there: were they fighting as a ruse or did they honestly forget where they were and start one of their lovers-spars? Either way, I'm so intrigued to see what happens next!
melsbells91 chapter 8 . 1/22
Oh my gosh Zuko is SO attracted to her already and he is SO not subtle about it. It's a real good thing that Katara is socially blind to others affection towards her.

"Fever gone?" "For now." - Oh my god, I love that this is in Katara's POV so we can watch her be oblivious to all this but OH how I WISH I could be in Zuko's head for some of this! Not to be outdone by "I think I caught your fever." Laugh it up Zuko.

Interesting twist at the end, I did not expect Jun, Longshot, and Smellerbee to show up and cause this much mischief. Can't wait to see how this goes!
melsbells91 chapter 7 . 1/22
I am all for fluff chapters, especially ones filled with over-protective Zuko gallantly defending Katara's honor unbeknownst to her. I especially loved the "I need you fired up and ready to go." *long-suffering sigh* "That won't be a problem." Very subtle and I love it. Also VERY creative with the crème brulé bit, love that!
melsbells91 chapter 6 . 1/22
LOVED THIS!

Loved their sparing, how they were going full out and Zuko pushing her by using his swords. I loved the closeness and almost intimate ending to their battle.

So many EXCELLENT lines in this chapter that just dropped truth-bombs everywhere:
"All Aang ever did wrong was love you." - ouch
"Sparky probably just likes having a little sister who's not trying to kill him." - OUCH, that one hurt different! Also love how cute and playful Zuko and Toph are for this reason.
"See these? We call them eyes." - fantastic
"Teabender" - I can't, lol

Why do I get the feeling that the Oyster District is some kind of Red Light district? A lot of money changing hands, Zuko's increased reluctance to go... smells fishy.

I'm so glad at least Toph was able to admit for Katara that she isn't in love with Aang and that Zuko was within earshot of that. Hopefully that will make things easier later on, hehe..

That was a very sweet goodbye on Appa, I love a good group hug! Now the adventure really begins an I can't wait!
melsbells91 chapter 5 . 1/22
That was definitely a tough one, lots of hard feelings and truths they all needed and still need to work through. Me gets the feeling that this will be the catalyst that sends Zuko and Katara on their mission... can't wait!
melsbells91 chapter 4 . 1/22
I really enjoy these "quiet moments" per say - just snapshots of their everyday normal. Yes they're training for war, but they bathe together, have meals together, read letters and train together, and talk about boys for goodness sakes, and I enjoy that, the calm before the storm. I also like Akna and Katara's developing sisterly relationship, and Anka's great bits of training and advice. Zuko's softer and guilt-ridden side is very cute and heartwarming, his relationship with the littles of the group is really sweet. I'll be sad when they part ways and all these moments will end, but I'm so looking forward to the Zutara to come!
3,041 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »