Reviews for Stormbenders
Kimmytrainer chapter 2 . 5/3/2017
I still don't understand why Zuko called Iroh "father" and freaked out like that last chapter. It's really bugging me.
Kimmytrainer chapter 1 . 5/3/2017
Okay I'm very confused. That was awesome and all but is it Iroh or Ozai? I mean, it has to be Iroh, but why did Zuko act that way? What's going on? Must continue reading...
out of date prescription pills chapter 11 . 4/16/2017
Guest chapter 18 . 4/10/2017
I binge-read this in a single night and I have to say that this is probably one of the best fanfics I've read ever - for *any* fandom. Apart from the technical strengths in the writing itself, your understanding of these characters is incredible, and their voices/thoughts/actions were utterly pitch-perfect. I especially liked the banter and lighthearted humor interspersed throughout the story, even at emotionally wrought, solemn moments (ie, the cabbage merchant's cameo which is so in keeping with ATLA that I honestly wondered if you were a former writer for the show or something.

It's also worth noting that I had to put my phone down and walk around for a bit to process the sheer joy I got from reading Zuko and Katara fall in love so authentically. Trust me when I say that this NO small feat - if I have to pause my reading because I got too emotionally invested in the story, you KNOW the writer did something right!

Thank you so much for writing and sharing this!
Ieyasus chapter 18 . 4/5/2017
Man, I read this whole story in two days. The chapters were actually pretty long (not complaining) but was very interesting. I like the fact that you introduce the oyster district as a sort of red light district as well.

Anyway, what I really want to say is that I completely agree with what you say about katara and zuko's chemistry. Most people don't like them for the shallow reason that they just don't like the 'brooding boy, gentle girl' combo, and I have to disagree that zutara' relationship is not as simple as that.

Katara and Zuko shares so many similarities and insecurities, they both seem to have a hidden dark side (surprisingly katara more than Zuko possibly) and they lost a parental figure in their life as well.

I don't hate Aang or Kataang. But I do have several problems with how the series ended. For me, aang and katara's "relationship" seemed to really pick up the pace in the last half of book 3, and that just seems...very problematic to me. The relationship seemed so forced, it made katara look like nothing but "the main love interest/heroine" to aang. If the creators really don't like zutara, I've honestly felt that they should've just ended the series without any romance.

Anyway, I really enjoyed your story and whenever I have the time, I'll make sure to read your other fics as well.
Kina Kalamari chapter 18 . 3/25/2017
This story was absolutely amazing in so many ways. Your characterizations were fantastic and the arc of the story felt very natural. It was funny in all the right places and serious when it needed to be. I love the way you used it to call out the issues in the series, and I completely agree with what you said about Aang in your final author's note. It's probably my biggest issue with the series and the reason I can't ship Kataang. (He doesn't deserve her until he can learn to respect her.) I loved this. Your writing is absolutely fantastic. Thank you so much for the experience of reading this story.
axel100 chapter 1 . 3/10/2017
I wanted to like this. With just 18 chapters and some many reviews and likes, I figured this had to be an awesome story. I just couldn't get into it though. Maybe it gets better but the first chapter is such a slow burn that I just couldn't finish. Good luck with your writing though.
Guest chapter 18 . 1/18/2017
Went binge reading. Love how much thought you put into this fic. You are so talented! The story was beautiful.

I agree with you on the whole Aang thing. He never really grew up or learned from his mistakes. I still love the series as is, but I think if it had been done as a young adult novel/book series instead of a nickelodeon kids show, it would have ended much like you wrote. Because ATLA was created as a cartoon for kids, it lacked the severity and darker themes of war. If these had been present, I think the story would have been very different.

You showed a lot of growth as a writer from chapter 1 to the epilogue. I can't remember at what point I got where I couldn't put it down, but... it was early on. I bet you write professionally, don't you? If not, you really should.

Oh, and the storm bending! So cool! Such a great idea!

The banter was HILARIOUS.

Loved the progress of Katara and Zuko's relationship. I kept wondering when you were going to drop the bomb on Katara about Zuko's scar. I thought it fitting that it was Azula who told her. They never told the gaang in the series, did they? That's kind of an important detail...

Holy crap, Toph being gay makes so much sense. *facepalm*

ANYWAY, I could ramble on for ages so I'll just leave you with this:

Thank you for sharing your work! Keep writing!

AND...
Ty Lee and Toph sittin' in a tree...
Childish Girl chapter 18 . 1/3/2017
Okay, to be honest, I have passed by your story several times before while looking for a Zutara story. At first, I didn't I would like it based on the summary. But then, when I filter for Zutara stories (I sort by favs) I saw yours 2nd or 1st on the list. I just had to see what I was missing. This story is amazing and it falls under my favorite fanfics, which includes: "The Black Games" by Mrs Pettyfer, "Love Thy Enemy" by RedNovember, "Dangerous Ground" by wilderness-writer and "Gods & Monsters" by wannabe wonder bender. Truly wonderful work, and your ideas and discussion of ATLA is mature and educated that I wish I could talk to you in a forum about it. Keep writing,
—Childosh Girl
adriannewhitt chapter 18 . 12/27/2016
I have no idea if you still check up on this story, but in the hopes that you do - it was captivating. I thoroughly enjoyed the way you wrote Zuko and Katara. Their conversations and fears were so genuine, and I thought you did them (especially at their respective ages) justice. I even really enjoyed the epilogue - and I'm the type that sighs when they reach an epilogue consisting of "found" letters or text relating to the story - but the letters you wrote were so light, snappy, and true to theme, I even found myself loving them, too. Really, a great read. I can tell this was a passion project - thank you for it!
Ms. Briefs chapter 18 . 12/15/2016
This is one of the best stories I have read. You created a rich and vibrant tale that was incredibly true to the tone of the original. Thank you for writing this.
Guest chapter 18 . 12/3/2016
Hi, good day. I don't even know if you're still checking this out. But I just wanna say Thank you for the story. I recently rewatched the series again and reading your story just kinda complete my throbbing zutara feels. I hope you continue to find inspiration to write stories like this.
RinaJMB chapter 1 . 10/30/2016
This story fills me with nostalgia, the first time i read i was 11 i an a huge zutara fan but back then my english was really poor. I remember trying to read it and having google translate on the other tab (a horrible idea) and still not getting anything. Now almost seven years later i have a proficiency degree on english. This fanfiction will always be the thing that pushed me into stydying english and i will forever be gratefull of Fandomme for this wonderful tale it will always be a favourite. Love~
RaylinBM chapter 1 . 10/16/2016
Oh how I love this! It's entertaining, well written and keeps me wanting to read more!
Sea Wan River chapter 5 . 10/13/2016
Zutara's fight was really fun to read. Great chapter.
3,023 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »