Reviews for Stormbenders
TVMaster2000 chapter 5 . 3/23/2008
Uhh, thats kind of confusing since she did not say what kind of love. She did not say 'in love' or 'family love'. Heck your story has so many different shippings going on at the same time my head hurts. I mean you have Aang sleeping in Tophs room (taang(there was no way I could make that sound cleaner)), katara and zuko working together(zutara), that sast bit of your story(kataang) and Toph being emontional with Zuko (toko). I'm going to your profile to see if I can make sense of it all.
gryffindork.2007 chapter 5 . 3/23/2008
I. LOVE. THIS. SO MUCH.

this is the most fabulous chap youve written to date. I LOVE THIS.
jijfsjnnp chapter 5 . 3/23/2008
Oh, bugger. I'm all choked up.

Here I am reading the beginning and chuckling and getting ideas for things to draw and all of a sudden the story gets so dark and emotional...

I'm glad you're the one who came up with this story. Because if anyone else were writing it, it wouldn't be half as good.
SarahE7191 chapter 5 . 3/23/2008
Holy freaking crap. That was a lot to handle. Zuko and Katara end up together though right? Katara loves him like a little brother right? And I'm still waiting to see if there's another Hama angle, like she's Katara's grandmother on her mother's side or something. Or a great aunt or something. Can't wait until the next update!
OveractiveImagination39 chapter 5 . 3/23/2008
That chapter went beyond incredible! I don't even know where to begin. The humor as always leaves me laughing out loud, and is always placed perfectly so as to add relief to the incredibly heavy story line. Sokka's speech about Suki and Hakoda and how everyone could have been spared so much suffering if Aang had let go of Katara almost had me in tears. His anger is rightly justified and I have posed the same questions when watching the series.

But the heartache of it all was the way you portrayed Aang. He's still just a child, and he wants to do what is right. Letting go of Katara has got to hurt and more so than just the jealous glimpses we see here and there in the show and in your stories. Having Katara angry at him has to be unbearable.

Zuko's defense of Aang was perfect, and such a beautiful example of just how similar they are.

Last of all the scene at the end with Hakoda and Katara was so touching.

Great writing and I look forward to the next chapter.
Mikkeneko chapter 4 . 3/22/2008
Really, I think one of my favorite things about your writing is how you write Toph - how you write her as still a child and yet so bold and capable at the same time. I especially like the way you have Toph and Zuko interacting. Hope to see more soon!
TVMaster2000 chapter 4 . 3/22/2008
I love the part where Zuko is sleeping with Duke and Toph. Makes the whole scene look so cute.
Mother Midnight chapter 4 . 3/21/2008
I
Larie-chan chapter 2 . 3/21/2008
I love Katara's hidden snark and bitterness. It's makes her character so much more human.

"Not the Face"? Oh eem gee, that was great.
Larie-chan chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
Well two things:

First, I love all the brief, little flashbacks ("I'll save you from the pirates" was awesome).

Second, you always seem to have these family reunions for Zuko in wacky-but-great ways (Iroh would lead a team of ninjas...).
IzzY chapter 4 . 3/21/2008
WOW! I'm really enjoyng this story!

I've just strated readind, and I've already finished it!

And now I want more! xD

What can I do, If you make your fanfics so addictiving...xD

Seriously, I love all (that I've read) your fafics!

And this one has great potintial!

Please, continue soon! xD

Your fan,

Izzy
Insane Muse chapter 4 . 3/21/2008
I found this story from OrePookPook on Deviantart. It's brilliant! I love the idea of Stormbending and your writing is very entertaining. Keep it up please!

(ps: I'm JasmineLeilani on DA, Ill try and find what your name is on there)
Kryptocow chapter 2 . 3/21/2008
Oh man. Parents.

ahahaha the part where Hadoka asked Zuko about Katara's training clothes... Run Zuko. Run far away. ;
jijfsjnnp chapter 4 . 3/20/2008
Okay, okay. So this is pretty much the greatest story I've read in a long time. I'm addicated.

I was caught since the first line. That takes some talent. I love all the subtle little jokes (I'm often giggling out loud because of them) and the shipping hints - there's really a little bit of everything. It's sweet.

My only complaint is form when Iroh first came in; he seemed a little out of character. But he's hard to write anyway, so I hold no grudge. 'Sides, you write him much better now.

I'm in the middle of illustrating some of the scenes from this. Your story is just too inspiring and has amazingly cute scenes. I'll let you know when they're done.

I can't wait to read more. This is one of those stories I get really attached to... I'm impatient! X3
sev7n chapter 4 . 3/19/2008
This story is really taking off. Its very intersting, if a little...odd for the sudden presence of a dozen or so other people all hanging out. Still, it is funny to read about the interaction with some of the new characters that you've delved into.

However, I'm a bit confused about a few things. You're staying fairly enigmatic on the stormbenders, but it seems that you're saying that Iroh met them near the Sun Warrior civilization when he was considerably younger. Does that mean that the firebender stormbenders are Sun Warriors, or descendants of such? and if so, where do the waterbender stormbenders come from? Do they have any correlation to the Order of the White Lotus (cause if not, Iroh is apparently a very well traveled and affiliated man: a grandmaster in the order, and in close contact with these people too)?

Also, I remember how, in your 3 chores series, Katara bent Zuko's blood during the day. While in this fic, you mentioned that she did it without the full moon, you seemed to imply that it took a great deal out of her, contrary to in the chores series. Also, you didn't really mention what time of day (or night) it was, let alone the lunar phase. Did you bloodbend during the middle of the day, or at night (the difference would indicate how great the action is: for instance, bloodbending when the moon is only a day or two from being full would probably not be too much more impressive than when it is full, etc.).

Katara is as funny of a drunk as Sokka though. The end of chapter 3 was really great. Still, from your author note at the end of that chapter, I'm wondering. You seemed to insinuate that Zuko did understand why Iroh drank the Kallu, so then why did he give it to Katara? Did he want her drunk for his nefarious plot?

Is Xiao Zhi's sibling relationship with Pakku what you were referring to when you said that that'd be the big difference with the one from Ozai's Vengenace?

So, Katara's a psychic waterbender now? Interesting idea. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone interpreting the scenes that way before. Its a very creative development, and I can't wait to see where you're going with it. I think I can imagine one idea you have for it, considering the primary pairing of your fictions.
3,024 | « Prev Page 1 .. 182 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 .. Last Next »