Reviews for Stormbenders
Rashaka chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
-and bumped right into Zuko. He grabbed her wrists - I'll save you from the pirates - and then let them go. He looked at a point somewhere over her shoulder. She moved right, he moved left. She moved left, he moved right. "You go ahead," he said, stepping aside and letting her pass. She heard him sweep away down the hall, his steps oddly quiet but his breathing shallow and noisy. She turned to watch him leave, and only then did she realize she had no clue where she was headed.

Nice. I love little touches like this, little moments of mundane life between Zuko and Katara that just happen when you live with someone.

I enjoyed the shaving scene quite a bit, and you handled Toph's reaction very well, I thought. Katara's little slip at the end made me wince in sympathy; how does she explain *that* and not make it sound much worse than it actually was? So she opted to flee. I can sympathize.

I like the scene at the end there, but if Iroh was leading the group to meet Aang I'm not sure why they would start off fighting. Not very sensible. Unless Iroh was at the temple for another reason and didn't expect the Avatar to be there.

Zuko proclaiming himself Iroh's loyal son twists my heart. Zuko is melodramatic like that; I think it has to with being royalty. He can't apologize like normal people. He's got to prostrate himself to the ground, swear fealty in a loud declaration, and especially do it where everyone can see, with no thought to appropriate timing. I don't think anyone can be raised in a palace without becoming accustomed to being melodramatic.

Iroh's "you worry too much" made me smile.

You know how I was bugging you to continue Chores? After a lot of thought and consideration, I'm letting you off the hook and instead will demand that you have all the fun you can writing this story, and make it as long as you fancy, with as much plot and characterization and bits of romantic adventure that you can dream up. Nice and long and plotty. ::claps:: Go baby go go!
Newguy22 chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS!

xD

Love how this first chapter turned out, I was wondering if Chores was canon indeed, untill they spoke about Zuko's scar tho, Katara and Toph had that conversation sort off anyway, already XD

Anyways love your writting so I hope youkeep it comming

keep writting and I'll keep reading and reviwing
antoinettes chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Wow, this looks very promising! I've adored your other tales. Cannot wait to see what this one develops into. :D
WellRedPenguin chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
this is a great start, you did a great job with the characters especially. everyone was completely like they are on the show. please update soon :)
Melodiee chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Very entertaining!

"She fisted her hands against the feeling of glossy, rippled flesh, and the stiffness of it there under her fingers, the odd delicacy of that permanent violet bruise"

What bruise? Is there something that comes before this that I don't know about?

Your writing is excellent. I really love your descriptions and your varied sentence structures. The dash inserts (one of my favorite techniques) are really skillfully done.

The fight scene at the end had some confusing bits when I wasn't sure who was doing or thinking what. Anyway, I look forward to reading more.
koyoote chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Gah, I can't believe you started another story! And this time I'll have to wait for updates! Oh the horror and agony of being forced to wait for your preciously delicous tales! - Okay, cutting the melodramatics, I'm very happy to see how you've started this one. Stormbenders (which I heard about through your other stories) was something I've been waiting for for a while now. It sounded so interesting, and this is a very good start off for it.

Lovin' it already, keep up the good work, hun.
marbles chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
YES! You're back! :D This promises to be as epic as OV was, if not more epic *excited* I can't wait to see what direction you'll go with the characters this time around. As always, everyone is in perfect character - even Teo Haru and the Duke (who you kindly didn't ignore again! Most fics forget they're even alive D:)

Can't wait for the next chapter!
RedBrunja chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Oh my god.

*vibrates*

That was a damn fine start. The bit with Toph - oh god, oh god, my heart was breaking for both of them, because you KNOW Zuko was damn well the only one who wasn't going to see his scar, and the way you know Toph couldn't help but feel rejected...

*wibbles*

Also, I cannot express my love for Zuko physically *kneeling down on his hands and knees*. *forces self to take deep breaths*

*dies inside*

That is so perfect - I had to read twice to catch that he was conciously claiming Iroh as his father in front of him, and the weight of all that history - the reference to the Agni Ki (I could see little Zuko kneeling down so clearly in my head) and the weight of all the betrayals (i.e. Ba Sing Se) was just... a gut punch.

Good job.