Reviews for Choices
AzTec999 chapter 39 . 1/4
First of all I'd like to thank you for making a semi-AU fiction where Martha, Rose and Ten are going on adventure together. I really like the idea that they're being friends here and it's refreshing to see Rose being mature and tolerant of other people instead of being bitchy all the time. Although I'm quite neutral about her character it's nice to see that she actually had a character growth here rather than the series itself. However the only downside to this story is that Martha suddenly became a side character here rather than making the tough choices and decisions that would have an impact on the world and her character just as the summary implies. I have no problems with her being the strong and logical one in the group as I can easily see that in her personality. But what I don't get is how did she became a secondary character to this one? Oh well, it's nothing really major really and I've really enjoyed reading nonetheless. Great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
GOD, ELIZABETH WAS THERE NEED 4 THAT LONG RANT ON ROSE BASHING

GEEZ
Elizabeth chapter 39 . 3/31/2011
It was good, but I don't know what to think. Rose's abilities seemed to be enhanced, big time in my opinion. Martha's were downgraded. Most of the things that Martha would have done or said you chose to give that role to Rose. So in one respect Rose was someone with maturity (whereas on the show she wasn't) and Martha wasn't given a chance to shine (like she always did on the show). Although, I give you credit for showing the true Rose at times - like giving up, not knowing what to do, needing encouragement and not wanting to leave the Doctor. This is why Rose never would have really worked during the Year That Never Was. Rose wouldn't have been able to leave the Doctor's side and remain focused on the task at hand. She would have sacrificed the planet just like she did her family to stay by the Doctor's side, or cried and given up. I know I'm not giving her much credit but the way she was portrayed on the series. it's true. Her wanting to shot the Master seems completely real. I could see the Doctor being disappointed and telling her she was changing but not for the better. Why you had him take it back the next chapter is beyond me. Him wanting her to stay is understandable but telling her he needs her? Not really a Tenth Doctor thing, even with Rose. It was great that she was trying to gain some independence, but she just had to give him her cell phone. She's just keeping that connection. See I think it works better if it is Martha because she is able to resist coming back to his lifestyle. Rose will never be able to grow into a strong, independent, not to mention capable woman if she goes back to the Doctor. I guess this was a Rose and Martha story because they were often left to fend for themselves (which goes to show how amazing Martha is in season three), but it felt like more of a Rose/Doctor story. I could just feel the overflowing love. Yikes. I suppose you can tell I'm not in favor of them romantically (I just cannot see him being genuinely interested in her that way because of her characteristics and personality). As a Martha fan I would have like to see get more praise in this, but I didn't feel I got that. Thanks for the read anyhow.
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 13 . 5/31/2010
This showed courage on Roses part and it was fasinating to see the Daleks spare her.

~Kudos on an intriguing chapter.
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 12 . 5/7/2010
This image is frightening, a human with tentacles. However, great job capturing the Daleks and their purpose.

Kudos on an interesting chapter
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 11 . 5/7/2010
This is an intriguing notion, especially since the business man is working for the Daleks.

Great job showing Rose and Martha's blooming friendship and the tension between Rose and the Doctor makes things really interesting.

kudos on a great chapter
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 10 . 5/6/2010
This showed all the emotion between Rose and the Doctor. It was enjoyable to read Martha's intuitive nature.

kudos on a touching chapter
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 9 . 5/6/2010
Wow. the motorway is definitely a mystery, held in a gridlock no doubt. Haven't watched these episodes so this story line is quite intriguing to me.

Brannigan and Valerie are certainly an interesting couple. I quite enjoy the idea of cats who have evolved.

kudos on an awesome chapter
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 8 . 5/6/2010
This scene was so moving. It shows humanity at its worst and most vulnerable

Kudos on an intense chapter.
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 7 . 5/6/2010
This ending was powerful, especially William's part in it. Is Love Labors Won really a lost play?

kudos on an excellent chapter
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 6 . 5/6/2010
This was an intriguing scene and reminded me of Sweeny Todd, when Joanna is put into the penitentiary.

You capture the squalor and horror of an insane asylum quite well, especially with the line "They're all screaming that."

Kudos on a wonderful chapter
Anne Schaeffer chapter 39 . 5/2/2010
OMG! I absolutely LOVED this story! I couldn't stop reading it (well until my phone died on me then I had to stop...). I'm reading Promises right now. Unfortunately when I read fanfic on my phone it will not let me review so if I finish it I will immediately review once I get on a computer. This was my first Doctor Who story! Excellent job!
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 5 . 5/1/2010
You captured Shakespeare's personality quite well. Actually, it's an intriguing picture that you paint, since not much is now about Shakespeare that can be backed up 100%.

Also great job capturing the culture of 1599.

Kudos on a suspenseful chapter
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 4 . 5/1/2010
The relationship you establish between Rose and Martha is really sweet and it's nice that it is taking them a long time to get close. Martha's intuitive nature makes it easy to like her, and her observant nature makes her a pretty kick ass companion.

Great job showing the tension between Ten and Rose.

Kudos on a great chapter
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 3 . 5/1/2010
You set up Martha's introduction to The Doctor well. It's amusing and slightly sad to see him treating Martha as he would have treated Rose, and treating Rose as a novice companion. Out of curiosity, if this is based upon an episode, which episode does Rose make a mistake in?

This also shows the adventure the Doctor gets himself into well, and his compassion for humanity.

Kudos on a lively chapter