Reviews for The Deception of the Thrush
Kazuki-kun is an A and an A chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
This is wonderful, honestly, and I like the scenes with Priscilla and Erk, although I don't like the pairing.

Your depiction of Priscilla is great I can honestly "see" that happening to her character. And I liked the dream with Raymond.

I didn't QUITE understand the subtle hint of Percival/Cecilia, and being an avid fan of it, am disappointed at the fact that I don't. Could you clarify please? -_-;; I'm sorry if this makes me sound silly or something. T.T

But anyway, well written.
DarkBlaziken chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
Erk/Priscilla! This was quite a refreshing take on the pairing along with, of course, a very nice story running in the background (though I'd hardly call it the background; the Cecilia-as-Mage-General story is so crucial to the plot!)

Priscilla as a politician is always fun to read.

Gaheris? I see Arthurian legend references here, haha :D But then again, why not? FE's already littered with them. Just take Percival for example, really. (Though the FE Percival seems to me more like a Percival and Galahad mash-up...it's just me, I think)

As for the second part of the fic, which focuses less on the Erk/Priscilla but rather more on Cecilia's story, I just loved it Especially how you make Mildain and Klein cameo! And I see how the seeds of dissent were sowed in Arcard and Roartz so early:D Yodel! I do remember him. More efficient than the Ostian Spy Network, though? I'm inclined to disagree, but I think by then Matt has vanished already, so...

I love the way you made Percival convince Priscilla (well, sort of) with his whole intimidating yet honest conviction:D Yup, he does have that effect on people, as Roy points out:D And Cecilia and Priscilla interaction is excellent here, paving way for their friendship in Sand and Moonlight (by far my favourite story you have written)

keep writing! Write more about your OTP really, I love it:D
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Okay, so I've been meaning to read this for a very long time... I guess you could say I've been procrastinating because I don't like Erk, or Priscilla, really... but I digress. I am one horribly lazy individual sometimes.

Oh, I like the descriptions in the beginning... Very nice! And when he asks who it was, and he guesses Sain, Guy, and Raven...and is wrong every time... I kind of feel sorry for him.

Now I am wondering... Priscilla is the daughter of a count, and Lyndis is the granddaughter of a marquess, so... Priscilla is actually from a nobler family (despite being from a house of Caelin, originally). That is really interesting!

Priscilla's dream was pretty epic! I mean, it was depressing but...still really interesting! Especially how everything exploded into green glass shards or what have you. That's kinda creepy. Now, Lady Pherae is dead, so do you mean Lady Eleanora or Ninian? I'm assuming Ninian, but...

Oh! I like Priscilla taking part in the court. That was really interesting. I liked her observations about the various lords and ladies and counts, et cetera. Oh, and adding Bern in there as her only fault, though no one used it against her.

The scene with Priscilla and Erk was really good. I'm not even a big fan of them, but...I have to say that that part was really interesting! How he turned her down and admits that no matter what prestige he gained, it had not and would not get him what he desired most, which was her. And at the same time, the thing she wanted most was something she could not have, either. It's pretty sad, in a sense.

Oh, good ending! I like that Priscilla's mind was changed on Cecilia. And how it was changed as well... Very interesting! Okay, so I should have read this a long time ago... It was a lot more interesting than I gave it credit for, especially considering the characters are not ones I'm particularly interested in. I should have known you'd be able to pull it off, and well at that!

Great work!

Cheers,

-Manna
hi chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Alright! King Crimson!
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Priscilla as a politician! In all honesty, I never thought she had it in her...

To see my favorite pairing get shot down by her so willingly, it's quite sad indeed. I'm still wincing on Erk's behalf. Poor, poor Erk.

And poor Priscilla, too, in love with a man who will never return.

You've done quite a nice job with this. Beautiful indeed.
Improv chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Beautiful.
1472278 chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
This story was very long...but very well written. It was also the first time I ever imagined Priscilla as being adept at politics. Good job!